**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds still [not what I want]!!!

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
edited May 2023 in General Discussion
Making it 2 medals per win is a good start. But changing it so that in higher tiers it's 5 medals is absolutely stupid cause sometimes you're on a losing streak and that wastes all the time you invested!
Not only that but they kept it 1 medal for the top tiers? Seriously? What's the point?

I understand kabam thinks people couldn't advance because of the 50/50 win/lose ratio but that doesn't mean that you ALWAYS win 1 and lose 1 and losing on a streak is just stupid cause you just wasted 2 hours losing to people with 5 R5 6* in their roster and duped 7*s!

I say losing shouldn't cost you any medals at all and keep the medals per win just 1 and the old system as it was. This way even if you're on a losing streak you don't end up wasting hours upon hours of your time for literally nothing!

This game is way too grindy as it is and setting you all the way back is just evil!
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    Dr_Phant0mDr_Phant0m Posts: 23
    If you do the maths it’s actually better;
    Let’s say you play 4 matches, you win the first 2 matches, lost the 3rd and then win the last.

Last season with the old medal system that would of left you would still be needing one more medal to reach the next league.
    But now with this new system you would reach the next league so it’s much better than last season
  • Options
    AnlyAnly Posts: 615 ★★
    Strategic said:

Making it 2 medals per win is a good start. But changing it so that in higher tiers it's 5 medals is absolutely stupid cause sometimes you're on a losing streak and that wastes all the time you invested!
    Not only that but they kept it 1 medal for the top tiers? Seriously? What's the point?

I understand kabam thinks people couldn't advance because of the 50/50 win/lose ratio but that doesn't mean that you ALWAYS win 1 and lose 1 and losing on a streak is just stupid cause you just wasted 2 hours losing to people with 5 R5 6* in their roster and duped 7*s!

I say losing shouldn't cost you any medals at all and keep the medals per win just 1 and the old system as it was. This way even if you're on a losing streak you don't end up wasting hours upon hours of your time for literally nothing!

This game is way too grindy as it is and setting you all the way back is just evil!

Its always been 5 wins to rank and 1 medal per 1 in higher tiers thats has never changed

The way its like that is to lock lower level players out of the circut pretty much,

If you lose a match you should lose a token if you didnt lose any tokens everybody would be in the circut, also there would be one unlucky soul forever stuck in the victory track, anyways if you didnt earn it then well you dont deserve it

Even if you do go on a losing streak and waste all your time your still not wasting nearly as much time as previous seasons.
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    Even with my sometimes lackluster performance I’ve found it’s possible to advance much easier. Even when you get some loses. Because eventually you will heat up again and win a few. And advance.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    Your losing streak only hurts you half of much now. One loss is only half a win whereas before you needed to have your wins back-to-back to win, now you don't. If you win 2, you have to lose 4 to be back at square 1 which is much better than winning 2 and being back at square 1 after 2 losses.
  • Options
    LoerkeLoerke Posts: 13
    edited May 2023
    I’m less concerned with the medals system than I am with the absolutely mad algorithm that has only paired me against whales with rosters full of duped 7*s and R5 6*s. Thank goodness you can’t drop down a tier. At this stage, BG is only worth playing for a way to burn through energy (and hope you get something out of it). Not enjoyable at all when you’re constantly outmatched, with buffs that make the game actively unpleasant vs. challenging.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    So this is my experience. I have made gc every season expect season 6. This season was by far the easiest I have made GC. I have a decent roster but definitely not close to the top end guys. I think that this new way is so much better and fun. It's made me want to play all the time I have already met my 350k Minimum for my alliance. Last season it was week 3 before I did that and made it to GC. So I would say the new system definitely works.
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Anly said:

Strategic said:

Its always been 5 wins to rank and 1 medal per 1 in higher tiers thats has never changed

The way its like that is to lock lower level players out of the circut pretty much,

If you lose a match you should lose a token if you didnt lose any tokens everybody would be in the circut, also there would be one unlucky soul forever stuck in the victory track, anyways if you didnt earn it then well you dont deserve it

Even if you do go on a losing streak and waste all your time your still not wasting nearly as much time as previous seasons.
    If you think this mode is not RNG based then that means that if you're in GC you always get perfect matches right?
    Or at least enough good matches to get to GC.
    If they kept it at least 2 medals per win for every tier that would be ok but leaving D2 and D1 4 and 5 medals is ****! Because then you assume that if you win 1 lose 1 than that means you're not good enough and don't deserve to advance!
    Well just because you get a loss or more between matches doesn't mean you don't have skill only that you run into monster accounts or you're being offered bad options in the select screen!

Besides, the fact that the nodes never change in VT doesn't even allow you a chance to maybe find a meta that is better for your roster like in GC and that is the stupidest part that I always complained about but apparently everyone must be really happy struggling through an entire month full of BS nodes!