So this means Titan shards gonna be in 4th of July offers??

ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Member Posts: 444 ★★★★

So is the Titan champ pool coming BEFORE even a 2nd round of basics drops?

If you dupe EVERY 7* in the current pool, that’s less than 22k shards. So even if you do that, assuming Titans are 15K per crystal, that still just gets you 1 crystal. So are you forced to keep duping the same small pool over n over if you want to open another one?

I knew the math wasn’t gonna be mathing when they first announced Titan crystals, but figured there’s AT LEAST be 2 rounds of basic champs before they hit.

…..or…..

Are Titan shards gonna be part of the $ offers for the 4th? Hence the urgency…

Comments

• GogiGogi Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    Nowhere has it been mentioned to be July offers and you immediately assume it's going to be. Wait till Friday for the information, don't get your hopes up.. Will probably be introducing the pool and how it will rotate and release date.
  • ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Member Posts: 444 ★★★★
    Wasn’t a question posed specifically to kabam. They never say what’s going to be the in offers or unit deals before the 4th. Even when they’re leaked, they don’t confirm. More of a “what are your thoughts” question…
  • Manup456Manup456 Member Posts: 891 ★★★★
    I personally spend a lot amount of money on the game and I will be staying away from all purchases until we get some real answers on what’s going on with the game and the AI, inputs, timing issues or whatever Kabam is trying to say the issues are that regardless have been around way too long without being fixed.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    It means the offer will contain the friends you made along the way
  • Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Member Posts: 273 ★★★
    edited May 2023
    Kabam is looking pretty desperate to make us hyped (or even care) about new things entering the game lately
  • Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Member Posts: 273 ★★★

Ghost_Fan said:

Kabam is looking pretty desperate to make us hyped (or even care) about new things entering the game lately

Right, because they haven't been announcing new stuff via Livestream for the last 3 months and haven't ever used Twitter to give hints or bits of information or made lengthy posts on the forums about new and upcoming events and additions.

This is such a desperate move. I don't know why they haven't done it before. Must mean the game is dying.
    If you read I said lately. All these livestreams do fall under the 'lately' category.

And why do you even mention forum posts here? Obviously forums posts are required cause they are like a 'reference material' for people (months or even years into the future) that want to see a more in depth analysis about whatever is new.

The game is indeed dying but slowly. At least the YouTube aspect of the game. That's what they probably try to revive with these livestreams. If you don't believe me, go look at all the YouTube videos and how many views they get (unless it's a crystal opening of course, that adrenaline keeps bringing people back). The general interest for the game is dying and they are trying desperately to avoid it.
    Before just a forum post announcing what's new, was enough to get us hyped about it. Not anymore. Now they need forum post announcing the livestream, livestream, normal forum post, CCP members, tweets, notifications, maybe even emails and I don't know how much more.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,571 ★★★★★
    I doubt that. There's more content creators than ever before.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★
    Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Right, because they haven't been announcing new stuff via Livestream for the last 3 months and haven't ever used Twitter to give hints or bits of information or made lengthy posts on the forums about new and upcoming events and additions.

This is such a desperate move. I don't know why they haven't done it before. Must mean the game is dying.
    If you read I said lately. All these livestreams do fall under the 'lately' category.

And why do you even mention forum posts here? Obviously forums posts are required cause they are like a 'reference material' for people (months or even years into the future) that want to see a more in depth analysis about whatever is new.

The game is indeed dying but slowly. At least the YouTube aspect of the game. That's what they probably try to revive with these livestreams. If you don't believe me, go look at all the YouTube videos and how many views they get (unless it's a crystal opening of course, that adrenaline keeps bringing people back). The general interest for the game is dying and they are trying desperately to avoid it.
    Before just a forum post announcing what's new, was enough to get us hyped about it. Not anymore. Now they need forum post announcing the livestream, livestream, normal forum post, CCP members, tweets, notifications, maybe even emails and I don't know how much more.
    So a company advertising their product means the game is dying? Have you maybe considered that some people don't visit the forums and they prefer watching livestreams instead
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Member Posts: 710 ★★★
    I thought Titan shards were only obtained thru duping 7-stars. Speaking of which, if we dupe a 7-star NOW will we get Titan shards? Or will that happen when Titan shards become available? I don't know if I should wait to open another 7-star... it would suck to miss out on Titan shards if I dupe a champ I already have. Anyone?
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,759 ★★★★★
    TheExit27 said:

I thought Titan shards were only obtained thru duping 7-stars. Speaking of which, if we dupe a 7-star NOW will we get Titan shards? Or will that happen when Titan shards become available? I don't know if I should wait to open another 7-star... it would suck to miss out on Titan shards if I dupe a champ I already have. Anyone?

They are only CURRENTLY earned through duping 7-star champs. They were never going to be limited to just that and Kabam said they would be, in the future, included in rewards and purchase/unit offers.

TheExit27 said:

They are only CURRENTLY earned through duping 7-star champs. They were never going to be limited to just that and Kabam said they would be, in the future, included in rewards and purchase/unit offers.
    Gotcha. I never got Titan shards for duping one of my 7-stars, but that was during the 7-star event... so maybe Titan shards weren't available yet. If they SHOULD'VE been available, let me know so I can submit a ticket. But I don't want to waste Kabam's time with a ticket if the Titan shards weren't available yet. You know?
    TheExit27 said:

TheExit27 said:

Gotcha. I never got Titan shards for duping one of my 7-stars, but that was during the 7-star event... so maybe Titan shards weren't available yet. If they SHOULD'VE been available, let me know so I can submit a ticket. But I don't want to waste Kabam's time with a ticket if the Titan shards weren't available yet. You know?
    They were released along with the 7* crystals. If you duped any 7* champs then you should have Titan shards.

TheExit27 said:

TheExit27 said:

They were released along with the 7* crystals. If you duped any 7* champs then you should have Titan shards.
    Damn. Okay. Thank you.
    Ghost_Fan said:

The game will always have it's ups and downs. Without new hypes the game will eventually die. I'm happy for even the dumbest new thing coming to the game. "Desperate"... no way. "Dying"... not quite.
    LOL. The Disagreer rolled through this thread.
    edited May 2023
    TheExit27 said:

LOL. The Disagreer rolled through this thread.

There’s always at least one. And you can see it clearly sometimes too. There was a morning a few days ago where like 8 posts in a row had disagrees from top to bottom until like 9:35am EST, then 0 disagrees to be found on those posts for the next hour or so after that. They got bored and signed off. Brave souls.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
    Of course there will be Titan shard offers in July 4th. At the moment, even if you spend at the game, you ll require months and months for just one Titan crystal, and that IF you re "lucky" enough to get dupes from the basic pool. I have 10 7 star champs for example, all new, all different, zero titan shards.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

So because a company decides to improve their communication via Livestream's, where they're reaching thousands more people than an announcement on the forums, they're desperate?

Were they desperate when started uploading to YouTube?

Were they desperate when they started using Twitter?

Were they desperate when they created a new forum space?

Were they desperate when they created deep dives?

Innovation doesn't equal desperation. I've seen 1 tweet from the official MCOC account and I've seen Miike retweet it. There's one post about it here in the forums.

You literally just want to be mad about something like the people who got triggered because of the survey and it having a duplicated answer.

So is every company out there that has Twitter, twitch, YouTube, forums, etc.. desperate or just MCOC because you need to stay mad?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Well, that's because the game is dying. Has been since 2006. At the current rate of attrition, MCOC should reach negative one million active players by 2024.
    Two whole people disagreed. And when I think about it, I think they have a point. I was wrong: the game isn't dying. How silly I was. I now see the error of my ways.

And people say the disagree flag is worthless. Clearly, it can be used as a force for optimism. Those two guys are heroes, supporting the game like that. They must be proud.
    Same two guys disagreeing again that they must be proud, because heroes don't ask for credit. Truly, the playerbase has some remarkable dedicated champions of both the game and the company.

Yes, yes, I know, you're going to disagree that you're champions. I understand completely. Go ahead: we all know the truth. It is just heartwarming to know you're still out there.
  • KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Member Posts: 938 ★★★
    TheExit27 said:

I duped one and got titan shards. Nothing to worry about
  • Fara_Fara_ Member Posts: 54
    ShoNuff29 said:

So is the Titan champ pool coming BEFORE even a 2nd round of basics drops?

If you dupe EVERY 7* in the current pool, that’s less than 22k shards. So even if you do that, assuming Titans are 15K per crystal, that still just gets you 1 crystal. So are you forced to keep duping the same small pool over n over if you want to open another one?

I knew the math wasn’t gonna be mathing when they first announced Titan crystals, but figured there’s AT LEAST be 2 rounds of basic champs before they hit.

…..or…..

Are Titan shards gonna be part of the $ offers for the 4th? Hence the urgency…

Are you for real? The less champs in a pool, the higher the chances to get a dupe and titan shards... smh.