**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Time attack change

Can someone look into the time attack format and come up with a better system? I’ve tried on several occasions to make top 100 and always come up short by a fair way. 1 hour behind on the monthly’s and 20 minutes on goldblum. On what I can only put down to load times. The reason I say this is because I have watched videos on people doing it around the hour mark and yet there fights are lasting longer than mine! Load times seem almost instant and yet when I play I’m waiting upto 5 seconds for fights to load. I’m not saying I would have got it if my network was quicker or anything but it’s **** that those with the quickest phones and internet are the only ones who stand a chance.. anyway can you come up with some sort of system where the timer doesn’t include load times, and instead stop and start the timer at the start and end of the fights? Wouldn’t be hard to implement really and it would give everyone a chance then

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    What phone are you using?

And a system without the timer = bye bye energy refill sales. Not gonna happen. If you really want the tag that badly, then change your phone.
  • Options
    I have a 7plus, one of the quickest out there, it doesn’t have to be without a timer all together... just implement both into a system.. monthly quests - look at the fight times only for those under 5-6 hours and the special events check fight times for those under 2 hours! That way you’d still have to go from start to finish at once. Problem solved
  • Options
    TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    It’s not practical that they will be able to do that.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Nickwhitty wrote: »
    I have a 7plus, one of the quickest out there, it doesn’t have to be without a timer all together... just implement both into a system.. monthly quests - look at the fight times only for those under 5-6 hours and the special events check fight times for those under 2 hours! That way you’d still have to go from start to finish at once. Problem solved

That could potentially give Android users a chance, no way kabam could stand for that!
  • Options
    It would work in kabams favour as there would be more players who would attempt it!
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    The 7+ doesn't take an extra 20 minutes to load compared to an 8+ for the goldblum challenge...that's silly
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    I used a 7 on goldblums and missed out on the title by less than a minute. Only missed out due to 2 mistakes. Maybe could have made it with 1. If you aren’t fast enough when using an iPhone 7+ then you don’t deserve the title over the people who were faster
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Your 5 second load times weren’t any slower than mine
  • Options
    I expected to cop some slack from posting this but I think it’s a legit thing to do, and I know my load times where slower that others cos I’ve compared them with others on YouTube! Not saying I deserved to be top 100 just that they need to change the system to give everyone a chance
  • Options
    Iphone 7 is perfectly enough for legends run. I know some people even managed to get the title with 6s at Goldblum. You should take your phone to Apple Shop if you think that this is phone’s mistake but not yours.
  • Options
    And just to clarify I used 4/55 spark paired with blade, all masteries but 3 in attack with the 30% h&a and 25%attack boost, I seen people split times and I was 5 mins slower in the part 1 and they were all 1 shot kill with juggs
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    And just to clarify I used 4/55 spark paired with blade, all masteries but 3 in attack with the 30% h&a and 25%attack boost, I seen people split times and I was 5 mins slower in the part 1 and they were all 1 shot kill with juggs

The problem is when you're on a 7+ and your time is nearly 30% slower, you're not going to have much credibility when plenty of people used the same device and got legends. Not like you're on an android or an old iphone 6
  • Options
    Taking this the post the wrong way for a start, load times could be network or server aswell. So I don’t really care for what device I’m using or what credibility I have, just making a suggestion that could benefit everyone participating in these events
  • Options
    Taking this the post the wrong way for a start, load times could be network or server aswell. So I don’t really care for what device I’m using or what credibility I have, just making a suggestion that could benefit everyone participating in these events

The mods have said in the past, including relatively recently, that this idea of timing the legends run in different ways is something the developers are aware of, but the software currently does not allow for doing this in a reasonable way. It is something on their todo list to look at when the technology allows for a solution. But the suggestion has already been heard by the devs.
  • Options
    Cheers dna.. first relative comment :p
  • Options
    Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    @Nickwhitty If you were 20 minutes behind on the Goldblum challange you just arent fast enough. I ran with an iPhone 6s and was only 8 minutes off.
  • Options

If you have an iPhone 7 plus I don't think it is your load times. You're running the second fastest phone for MCOC behind the 8s (and X). Only the latest generation iPad pro would be marginally faster.

If it is not your load times it might be network related. It is going to be extremely difficult to adjust legends times to network speed. Device lag is difficult to manipulate by the player, but network speed is not. I would have a huge advantage in getting a legend run done if I could adjust my bandwidth at my egress router to give myself periodic breaks in the action, and that is undetectable by any cheat detection mechanism.

Also, could you link to those legends runs you were watching where people were getting instant load times? The legends runs I've seen typically have load times comparable to mine: about 3-5 seconds on average from the moment they hit the fight button. My 6s is only a second or two behind that. I haven't seen anyone stream a consistent load time much faster than that.