**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Not another BG matching question (but it’s not what you think)

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
I just reached GC the fastest I ever have. I’m not the best player, so don’t chalk up the win rate to that. As soon as I hit platinum, my matches got substantial easier on Friday (so much so that a few were 6k less than my prestige). Only a few were close to my prestige, and a couple were well above mine. I know that the medals awarded changes for plat, but I never saw anything that talked about the matchmaking changing once you get to plat. It got so bad that I started sending friend requests to apologize for the win. (Though it was nice to get to GC so fast - however, now I’m 200k short of the solo event rewards and have no desire to push in GC so there’s that). Did anyone else’s matching chance either on Friday or ince you reached Platnium?

TLDR - does matchmaking change once you hit platinum?

Comments

• Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Same for me. I’ve had matches against players with 4*s in their decks. They weren’t sandbagging, as they had a really low BHR. I assumed they were cheaters, but they all lost.

Not sure how/why they made it to plat and diamond…
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 831 ★★★★
    Yeah you’ll get matched to similar sized accounts until platinum. This switched last season, when I ran into small accounts in diamond near the end of the season. I’m almost 15k prestige and have gotten opponents between 7-20k.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,680 Guardian
    TLDR: yes
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,325 ★★★★★
    Just fought a guy who beat my r3 peni using NF in 45 seconds
    And my r3 Spider ham in 25 seconds with scorpi, dealing 56% poison damage, with the weakest dot damage character ever
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Same. My last 5-6 matches in GC were ridiculously easy. One opponent just quit the moment he saw my roster
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,190 ★★★★
    That's a good thing
    Gonna rush to platinum now ig
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★

Just fought a guy who beat my r3 peni using NF in 45 seconds
    And my r3 Spider ham in 25 seconds with scorpi, dealing 56% poison damage, with the weakest dot damage character ever

Sting damage is counted whatever sting you use. In this case poision