BG matchmaking difficulty increase?

ChrisPowellChrisPowell Member Posts: 139
I've recently experienced a large increase in the average difficulty of my opponents in battlegrounds. From bronze to gold III my win/loss ratio was approximately 0.6. I was moving up without too much difficulty as my opponents rosters were fairly similar to mine. This all changed at gold ii though.

Not sure what happened. Maybe I rank 4'ed one too many champs. Maybe it was the Santa bagging. SantabBagging: excepting matches and immediately forfeiting to give your opponent an easy win. As I reached G2 I
did this for approximately 20 matches as I had a ton of energy refills about to expire.

Anyways, I'm curious on other players experiences. Did you see any large difficulty spikes as you moved up the tracks? Did you see any difficulty after ranking up champions? Or did my behavior trigger some kind of algorithm to keep me down?

Comments

• MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    The only real difficulty changes I experienced were once I hit P3. Was fairly equal matchups to that point and then I was facing a bit of everything straight through to Vibranium
  • PikokPikok Member Posts: 156 ★★
    Yup in P3 you can find any opponent. No restrictions. Chris I believe you just upgraded your prestige and now you are facing stronger opponents.
    Right now advance to P3 and:
    - if you are paragon - congrats. Now your life is easy
    - If you are not paragon - welcome in hell
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Member Posts: 1,027 ★★★★
    Not me, I went from plat 1 to gladiators circuit in 24 matches.
  • Musha27Musha27 Member Posts: 120
    Pikok said:

Yup in P3 you can find any opponent. No restrictions. Chris I believe you just upgraded your prestige and now you are facing stronger opponents.
    Right now advance to P3 and:
    - if you are paragon - congrats. Now your life is easy
    - If you are not paragon - welcome in hell

I just reached P3 today, getting out of gold 1 was hell. I lost a lot of matches because of unfair matches and I even faced a modder. I can't imagine what P3 has in store for me
  • ChrisPowellChrisPowell Member Posts: 139
    It took 50 matches for me to finally get out of gold. Once I hit platinum it was smooth sailing. I'll be at gladiators circuit soon.

Thank to those that commented here. Knowing it get easier kept me going