How I got into the Gladiator Circuit using quantum physics

2»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

This just goes to show how awful the GC is and that no amount of tweaks will fix it.

How so?
    I meant VT, not GC. The whole concept of the VT is flawed and as long as they start everyone at 0 each season no amount of tweaks will fix it.
    The *implementation* of VT has flaws, but I don't think the *concept* of the VT is flawed. The concept is a value judgment, and values are not right or wrong: they just are. The VT chooses to offer participatory rewards to encourage a wider subset of players to play the mode. That's not flawed, that's just what they decided to do, and it isn't an unusual objective for a turnstile game mode. Precisely how they are doing that has issues, but those are addressable details in theory.

Real world competitions do this all the time. The shot clock in basketball is not there to make competitions more fair, it is to make basketball a more watchable sport, because professional basketball is not just a competition, it is also a spectator activity. In a sense, spectators is how professional basketball "monetizes" itself to allow it to exist. So some rules are there for competitive reasons and others are there to prevent it from becoming horribly unwatchable. The same thing is true for the pass interference rule in football. It isn't there to make football more competitive, it is there to make football more exciting for spectators.

Battlegrounds has its own requirements, and high levels of active participation is one of them. Even if it interferes with BG as being a "pure competition" it must nevertheless bend to the requirements of its own existence. BG without VT and VT's conceptual goals would be simpler, competitively fairer, and less random in its overall experience. However it might also no longer exist.

Incidentally, Kabam has already stated in a prior announcement that they are working on a seeding system that will start players at different tiers, so that the ladder aspect of VT is carried forward from season to season. This should act to reduce the frequency of weaker roster players facing stronger roster players *unless* they advance high enough to face them at similar competitive strength. In other words, it will be more likely that if a player eventually faces Paragon players with strong Paragon-tier rosters, it will only be because they faced very strong TB players first, and very strong Cavs before that. They will be more likely to "climb the ladder" of roster and skill strength players. So hopefully that happens sooner than later.
  • noclutchnoclutch Member Posts: 186 ★★
    @DNA3000
    I am interested in your top rankups, can you show your top10?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,510 ★★★★★

Chikel said:

That is exactly the opposite for me.

This BGs season has the the best for me. I was cruising all the way to Plat 1. I usually match with weaker accounts or at most, those similar to mine.

The moment I hit Plat 1 yesterday, I began matching against strong accounts. Guys with multiple 7*, r5 and r4 max sig running suicides.

Just be happy to have been gifted free rewards up until Plat.
    You spelled "Good job!" wrong.

You mean when you encourage people for being successful where they're at? Dear God, the damage.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    noclutch said:

@DNA3000

Get to GC and you'll find out soon enough.

Just kidding. Sure why not. Do you one better, here's all the rank 5s and rank 4s.

There's also one 7* r2: Domino.

DNA3000 said:

noclutch said:

@DNA3000

Just kidding. Sure why not. Do you one better, here's all the rank 5s and rank 4s.

Solid Roster you got there👌
    DNA3000 said:

noclutch said:

@DNA3000

I'd be banning 7* Dom, Absorbing Man, and Weapon X. 😆
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★

Chikel said:

This BGs season has the the best for me. I was cruising all the way to Plat 1. I usually match with weaker accounts or at most, those similar to mine.

The moment I hit Plat 1 yesterday, I began matching against strong accounts. Guys with multiple 7*, r5 and r4 max sig running suicides.

You mean when you encourage people for being successful where they're at? Dear God, the damage.
    Thinking that gaining something that isn't deserved is a success and worthy of praise says it all.

Chikel said:

Thinking that gaining something that isn't deserved is a success and worthy of praise says it all.
    Who decides whether they deserve it or not? Unless they cheated somehow, they deserve what they earn.
    @DNA3000 I had given up on BGs, after your post I tried some matches today.
    I have solid win streak of 8 despite facing zero point bug.
    Thank you