Options

AW defeat against reduced alliance

I have seen this happen multiple times and it has always left me confused. The opposite alliance had one player short and placed 5 defenders less. If they had placed those 5 defenders then our ally would have gotten the attack bonus of taking out those defenders. But the opposite ally just got deducted 150 points for diversity and we ended up losing a war.

I understand I may be missing something basic here. I just want to understand what happens in these scenarios so that I can help my ally understand this as well.

Comments

• Options
    BayouemBayouem Posts: 98
    You got full attack bonus for the missing five defenders. They lost out on five diversity.
  • Options
    Bayouem said:

You got full attack bonus for the missing five defenders. They lost out on five diversity.

this
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Here’s where your confusion lies. An empty node is guaranteed at full attack bonus value of 240 points. For each death the attack bonus is reduced by 80 points up until it hits 0 (3 deaths). So for each defender your opponent doesn’t place you are guaranteed the full attack bonus on each of those nodes.
    Another thing to note is that attack bonus is worth more than diversity. Each different defender is worth 30 points, but each attack bonus is worth 80. So even though you had 5 more defenders, that only makes up 150 of the 320 attack bonus points you lost by as a result of your side dying more to their defenders.
    Hope this helps!