**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is there any authorized pc emulator?

My phone just broke and ill be using a cheap device for the next month, i was wondering if there is any authorized way to play on a regular pc without getting banned

Comments

• Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    other than buying a chromebook nope
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    No.
  • Options
    The only approved method of playing on PC is with an authentic Chromebook using approved Apps.
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    The only approved method of playing on PC is with an authentic Chromebook using approved Apps.

What are the approved apps?
  • Options
    Draco2199 wrote: »

apps u get straight from play store and not from an ipa I belive
  • Options
    Sirnoob wrote: »

Any Apps that are approved by Kabam, meaning none that can be used to modify the game. (Bluestack, e.g.).
  • Options

Kabam doesn't approve apps. Kabam only prohibits the use of emulators and software used to modify or alter the game data or running state.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Kabam doesn't approve apps. Kabam only prohibits the use of emulators and software used to modify or alter the game data or running state.

The comment was made by a Mod. I reiterated. Quite obviously they approve all Apps except for those that are not approved.
  • Options
    before the 3 pages long argument starts op the only way to play not on a phone or tablet would be a chromebook
  • Options
    before the 3 pages long argument starts op the only way to play not on a phone or tablet would be a chromebook

Yeah I'm not engaging in anything. It's clear by the Flags what's going on. This is correct. It has to be an official Chromebook, and not all Chromebooks allow Apps.
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★

Any Apps that are approved by Kabam, meaning none that can be used to modify the game. (Bluestack, e.g.).

What apps would those be?
  • Options
    BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    There is a Google Chrome extension that allows you to mirror your device on PC which also enables you to use the mouse and keyboard to navigate. Problem is, using a mouse and/or keyboard isn't as responsive as a touch screen so you'll only be able to play easy quests and maybe arena. Too risky to play any harder content like map5+ in AQ or AW.
  • Options
    KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    edited November 2017

Quite obviously they approve all Apps except for those that are not approved.

This isn't even remotely close to how logic works.

If I get pulled over by the police for speeding, and the police officer tells me to drive slower, I can't then shoot him under the notion "well obviously the cop approved all law violations except for the laws he explicitly told me not to break."

I really miss the days where basic logic was taught in school, and people didn't constantly misuse the word "literally." What have we done to our society???
  • Options

To be very specific, Kabam's official position is that MCOC is only approved to be played on a device that itself is authorized to install applications from the official Google Play store (in the case of Android) or the Apple Appstore (in the case of iOS devices). That is the only specific requirement. There are no other "approved apps" requirements. Emulators and game editors are specifically banned from being used, but that has nothing to do with whether a specific platform is approved or not.

The Chromebook thing is due to the fact that there are some Chromebooks that apparently are capable of installing Google Store approved applications. I'm not an expert on those, but if the Chromebook allows this, then Kabam allows this platform according to their requirements. However, if special unauthorized (by Google) modifications are required to make the Chromebook connect to and install Google Store apps, then this would probably not be an approved platform for MCOC.

Bottom line is if your device out of the box connects to the Google Play store, can download and/or purchase apps from the Google Play store, can install them without modification or intervention, and can play them natively (unemulated), then that device is probably an authorized platform. If any single one of those things is not true, it is not safe to play on that device.
  • Options
    Kestrelle wrote: »

If I get pulled over by the police for speeding, and the police officer tells me to drive slower, I can't then shoot him under the notion "well obviously the cop approved all law violations except for the laws he explicitly told me not to break."

I really miss the days where basic logic was taught in school, and people didn't constantly misuse the word "literally." What have we done to our society???

This isn't so much a logic issue as it is just a recognition of what an approved list of things is. An approved list is something that has been tested or reviewed and a statement can be made about whether those things have been validated or not. In the context of software compatibility or software permissions, nobody says they approve everything in existence except for what they explicitly prohibit, because that would be crazy. Its inconsistent with the reason why you make an approved list in the first place.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    Kestrelle wrote: »

Wow. The approved apps comment referred to chromebook, not Kabam. As in, Chromebook prevents you from installing apps as a default.

Fun logic story though, Spock.
  • Options
    KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    edited November 2017
    What's the point of chromebook vs kabam?

And there's a difference between being logical and "logic."
  • Options
    BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    you guys are funny. OP, there isn't a safe and adequate emulator for PC to play MCOC on. Any emulator will risk getting yourself banned so just don't risk it. I'm sure you can find another way that you will be able to play the game or atleast a way where your account wont become a liability to your alliance.

Good Luck
  • Options
    Wow. The approved apps comment referred to chromebook, not Kabam. As in, Chromebook prevents you from installing apps as a default.

@Kabam Miike (I believe it was him) referred to approved apps as in approved by Google Play. However, the approved app comment in this thread explicitly claims that Kabam approves apps.

• Options
    edited November 2017

@Kabam Miike (I believe it was him) referred to approved apps as in approved by Google Play. However, the approved app comment in this thread explicitly claims that Kabam approves apps.

I wasn't really going to get into the specific's too much, but there are two different forms of approved Apps from the way I see. The comment by a Moderator was something to the effect of "Official Chromebook using approved Apps". Official indicating that Chromebook would not be emulated IMO. As far as approved Apps are concerned, if you're using the game through Apps that can be used to modify it, that is not allowed. However, they cannot approve Apps for your device, and have stated specifically that as long as you're not using said Apps for the game, they have no issues with such Apps like Bluestacks or the like. In terms of approved Apps, I was referring to the method of playing the game, but I would assume that the comment also refers to emulating Chromebooks as well, since Google is a partner of MCOC. That is speculating I suppose. Bottom line, it's safest to use an actual Chromebook with Apps downloaded from the Playstore that cannot be used to modify the game, whether they be Emulators, Bots, or other shady Apps.
  • Options
    "Official Chromebook using approved Apps" means "approved by Google to use the Google Play store." There's no need to guess what that means.

I have no comment on the patterns the rest of the pixels formed on my screen.
  • Options
    "Official Chromebook using approved Apps" means "approved by Google to use the Google Play store." There's no need to guess what that means.

There was some debate when it came up about whether Chromebook could be emulated.
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    9jrcdnh6agyq.png
    3 page discussion during down time going nowhere... bring it!
  • Options

There was some debate when it came up about whether Chromebook could be emulated.

There was in my opinion a meaningless debate about the technology of emulation I'm not going to reenter. As far as I'm concerned, and as far as I'm comfortable advising other players, Kabam's official statement is if you are using a platform that Google itself authorizes to use the Google Play store, and you download and install the game through the store normally, you are on an authorized platform. There are no exceptions to that rule that Kabam has officially stated. You are not allowed to use software that modifies or alters gameplay and that includes game emulators, but that has nothing to do with whether your platform is authorized.

Bottom line: if Google hands me something that runs Android and they say this thing is authorized to use the Google Play store, whether Android runs natively or not is irrelevant to whether the platform is authorized to play MCOC. That's not a question any player of the game should have to ask, nor is it a question the average MCOC player is even qualified to understand the answer to.