**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Why We Should Nerf the Top* Champs in Every Class

2»

Comments

• Options
    NeoDazarasNeoDazaras Posts: 112

How you took your time to write up this **** of a post baffles me. It seems you don't own any of those champs.

I own every single one of these champs and r3 or higher and I still say that they're unhealthy for the game. Please hit me with an actual counterargument if you're going to spew at me.
  • Options
    SuhshehshsSuhshehshs Posts: 72
    These champs may be really op but they don't have every ability their class has to offer. For example kingpin is dog in bleed lanes where other champs like nick or molegod are better and torch can still be punished for not being buff immune where champs like titania or cassie can do better.

Also you say it is getting dull playing with these guys: why not just don't play with them? It's unlikely that a roster will get these champs in their first 6 stars in each class and will use the champs they got first or ones they like better so this problem isn't that frequent for a lot of players. I'm almost TB and I only have torch in this list as a 6* and I barely even use him regularly compared to scorp.

Lots of content creators don't even use a lot of these champs (other than herc or nimgod) even if they're not banned because they have other favorites or like different metas. There are so many other fun and rewarding to play champs that the game doesn't force a player to use them.

Finally ya say that nerfing these champs is required for the game's health. Why? It's consistently against player opinion and Kabam hasn't nerfed these guys (they buffed magneto to be this op for a reason, they could easily have nerfed magnet quickly).
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,117 ★★★★

How you took your time to write up this **** of a post baffles me. It seems you don't own any of those champs.

I own every single one of these champs and r3 or higher and I still say that they're unhealthy for the game. Please hit me with an actual counterargument if you're going to spew at me.
    Aside from Hercules, the others are not unhealthy for the game. Nimrod is very good against mutants, but he is slower against other classes. Relies on shock damage which is becoming a more common immunity, and he doesn't really make other Tech champions irrelevant. Why? Because a lot of Tech champions are made to shine against non-mutant match-ups too. OS, Fantman, Guardian, Shocker, Peni, HB, Warlock, Ultron, Ghost are all champions that can cover a lot of ground.

Human Torch is very similar to Nimrod in the fact that he's really good against Mystics, but once you start fighting champions from other classes he becomes less effective. Incinerate immunity is a lot more common outside of the Mystic class. You can use his pre-fight, but if you're in a quest, most of the time you can consider it as a single use ability unless you have a sig 200 Torch. Obviously a lot of Science champions benefit from fighting Mystics, but they are also equally useful against other classes: Overseer, Spot, Scorpion, Mr F, Red Hulk, Anti-Venom, CapIW, OG Hulk, IHulk, Ibom, Fixit, Void, Ham are all pretty useful and can cover certain areas that Torch is not capable of dealing with.

Kinpin: Like I mentioned before, plenty of the recently released Mutants punish purify. We've already had instances of Kabam adding heal block nodes to fight and adding nodes that reduce your AA for each debuff on yourself so Kingpin is going to struggle a lot in those matches. Honestly he's an excellent champion but by no means busted or unhealthy for the game. He can cover a lot of ground, but if I need more specialized utility from a skill champion like AAR I'll bring Black Cat or Falcon or Crossbones. And if I need strong DOT I'm bringing someone like Nick or Mole Man.

Magneto: More and more Tech/#metal champions being released have a way to bypass his AAR. The reliance on a parry heavy playstyle also makes him difficult to use on stun immune fights or any fight where your ability to parry is affected. Lots of buffs can also result in you having a bad day against certain Mystic defenders. You could make a case for him being unhealthy for the game, but honestly so many recent fights have been designed in ways where he is not as effective as other options. While he fulfills that role of dealing with annoying #metal defenders, that is also not the main role of the Mutant class. There are 82 #metal characters out of 250 in this game. So Magneto can potentially counter roughly 1/3 of champions (it is actually less because a few of them are made to counter him), but I still have an entire class of mutants to deal with the remaining 2/3. I wouldn't say he makes them irrelevant.
  • Options
    BluestoneBluestone Posts: 29
    Some people shouldn't be allowed to have phones ,internet or even opinions.
    Btw, you are only winning the disagree game .
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,152 ★★★
    🧐 The craziest thing I have ever heard..how does these top tier champs affect you personally is the question outside of maybe BG/AW..
This discussion has been closed.