**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

P2W just went a few notches higher!

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
So we all know this game is mostly P2W and that was to be expected and I, sort of, accepted that......when it was still somewhat up to chance.

We know just because whales buy hundreds of paragon crystals and daily offers and such doesn't mean they're gonna get necessarily top tier champs.

But when you make events that only kaiju size whales can afford with GUARANTEED a couple of the top defenders in the game such as Weapon X and Jessica Jones that goes a bit too far when people can basically just buy BGs wins now. Cause when a F2P player comes up against bought rosters like those it is no longer a matter of skill in this game mode anymore but a matter of who bought more champs!

It is bad enough I have to face full rosters of R4 top champs with 5 R5 and duped 7*s already.
My roster is decent after pretty much playing from the start of the game but persistence and skill can only get you so far.

Comments

• Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    or just take off ALL the safeties and everyone VS everyone.

It would dilute the OP Paragons, until later in the Victory Track.
    However, you would get massive variations in match-ups early on.
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★

Even the mid tier 7 stars are op in bg. I got clipped by only the last hit of saurons sp2 and it took 90% of my health.

Yeah. Not to mention 7* champs like Dragonman, Mangog and Korg even unduped are so tanky even as R1 that you literally time out and lose which is what happened to me way too many times.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 343 ★★★

Strategic said:

So we all know this game is mostly P2W and that was to be expected and I, sort of, accepted that......when it was still somewhat up to chance.

We know just because whales buy hundreds of paragon crystals and daily offers and such doesn't mean they're gonna get necessarily top tier champs.

But when you make events that only kaiju size whales can afford with GUARANTEED a couple of the top defenders in the game such as Weapon X and Jessica Jones that goes a bit too far when people can basically just buy BGs wins now. Cause when a F2P player comes up against bought rosters like those it is no longer a matter of skill in this game mode anymore but a matter of who bought more champs!

It is bad enough I have to face full rosters of R4 top champs with 5 R5 and duped 7*s already.
    My roster is decent after pretty much playing from the start of the game but persistence and skill can only get you so far.

That’s why I think they should take 7*’s out of BG for now. I have a 7* and yes it would hurt me to but like you like you said it’s already hard enough facing r5’s. Now we have to go up against duped r2 7*’s. It’s an unfair advantage plus they also get the huge boost in attack making really difficult especially with the node they put.
    However, if kabam took out the nodes or the attack boost it would even out the playing field a bit better.
    How is it an unfair advantage? They’re playing within the confines of the rules and ToS. The literal entire point of BGs is strategy. Part of that is ranking up challenging or tanky defenders.

• Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,160 ★★★★
    Strategic said:

You still need to not suck in BGs. Ive faced tons of whales who have a crazy roster. But still suck. You spend as much as you want on offers and Paragon crystals. If the skill isnt there, you honestly still have a chance.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    How dare they pay for what they want with their own money? Don't they know people who aren't paying that much are trying to compete?
    For real, though. You're not going head-to-head with the whales. You never were.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Strategic said:

The game is mostly F2P. It's only P2W near the top of some game modes- Arena, BGs, AQ and AW. But at the very top.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★

Strategic said:

The game is mostly F2P. It's only P2W near the top of some game modes- Arena, BGs, AQ and AW. But at the very top.
    It’s kind of insane how much people want for free. They don’t contribute a damn thing and don’t even have to watch in game ads.