**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The new balance of the game

DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
I’ve been a huge fan of this game since January 2015, shortly after its release. I’ve played avidly and at a reasonably high level for most of that time, and have wasted more hours than I dare to count on it. I truly love this game.

I got rather disheartened when 7* champs released. Not because they were released, but because the long grind to getting a 6* R5 went from seeming massively important (by the game’s standards) to pretty irrelevant, when folks were R2’ing 7*s almost immediately and they were so much more powerful in raw stats.

It felt like years of hard work developing my 6* roster suddenly meant a whole lot less. I knew there’d be an impact with 7*s releasing, but really didn’t expect the level we saw. I’ve been around a while and saw this with 5* and 6* champs releasing: the step change with 7* champs coming at the same time as Paragon crystals releasing is barely comparable.

In my disappointment, I stopped playing the game for a bit. I needed a break anyway. After a few weeks’ hiatus, I figured I’d fire up the game to see these 4th July offers. I’m not a whale but do spend roughly $1k/year (probably more) on this game.

I cannot express my disappointment at the offers I’ve seen enough. Players can get 5 R5 6* champs if they buy all the available Odin’s. They more or less have their pick of champs thanks to all those abyss selectors too. What a kick in the teeth.

As a long term player, semi-regular spender and a true lover of this game: I will not be coming back.

I hope others aren’t bothered at all and continue to enjoy this wonderful game. I hope Kabam starts to care about balance again so this game can continue. Seems they may be squeezing revenues due to a perceived lifetime remaining for the game, but I hope I’m wrong.

Comments

• Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 216 ★★★
    Just enjoy what you have not what you don't have.... You can still do everything in this game without worrying that others have more.

You can still progress in Battlegrounds with a little patience and get good rewards. Skill and better tactics can more than make up for someone having a couple more rank 5s than you, and as soon as you hit plat you get matched against people worse than yourself too...

And I'll repeat myself. You can literally get 1000+ units farming arena, event quests, etc for free every week. That is a load of free premium currency for a game like this and if you had saved all year up until now, you could have got all the unit offers including a few 6r5s. If you save from now until banquet, you can get whatever you want then too....
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Spenders will always progress faster than non-spenders. That's how they fund this business.

Someone progressing faster than you doesn't change the story or Everest challenges you have in front of you (8.2 and on, EOP, Carina's, Abyss, Gauntlet, etc).

The main pain point for non-spenders in BGs, which is something I hope Kabam addresses in a way that satisfies most players. There needs to be a level added that splits the base and lets you find more reasonable matches. Or som such.

But the deals and whatnot will not go away and will likely only get juicier.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

I don't understand why everyone is so concerned about what others do in this game and can't just enjoy their own journey. Just because another player has 20 R5's doesn't mean you're in a race to catch up to them. Play the game for your enjoyment and don't worry about other people's accounts.

With the focus of the game seemingly shifting away from quest based content and individual achievement and towards Battlegrounds combined with the lack of matchmaking after a certain point in BG play, other players’ rosters start to have a more direct impact on someone’s ability to play and enjoy the game.

If you’ve completed the story content, monthly EQ probably isn’t very exciting or challenging and we haven’t had any other new quest based content for a while. And on top of that this months side quest only offered 18 runs which was not even once a day for the month if you tried to space it out. That leaves BG as the most interesting new challenge and also the best store in the game so if you’re suddenly outmatched significantly in that game mode after these deals it leaves you wondering where the game is heading. I know that’s what I’m wondering after the announcement that 8.3 paths will but cut in half.
    But you have to understand that if you're playing BGs, at some point you're going to be out matched anyway.

There's always someone who will have a better roster than you. You can still play BGs and enjoy them knowing you won't be rank 1, but if you tell yourself you deserve rank 1 in BGs with one rank 5 6*, you're setting yourself up to fail.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    This is the same post we get countless of every july 4 and every cyber weekend, for the last 5 or so years. Spending always will and always should give a noticeable advantage
  • Options
    Spaghetti1297Spaghetti1297 Posts: 44
    edited July 2023
    At this point I think the game can only be divided into 2 groups: the whales and non spenders. Because I think the casual spending is no longer worth it: you either go spend thousands of dollars, or not spend at all.

Pick your side. I myself used to spend here and there, sigil pass, some offers and stuff, but it’s just impossible to keep up with the pace where the game is headed. I bought an Odin’s with these offers, and I’m happy with my R5 and the other stuff I was able to get with the units I had, and honestly have no regrets spending that money on it, but NOW after all the dust settled, and seeing all those monstrous accounts on BG, I don’t think it’s worth keep spending at all, so from now, on, thats what I’m doing with this game: just stick to monthly and special missions, casual BG, and just chill, grow my roster with all the tranquility of the world and be OK with the rewards I get. No hurries. There’s no point on stressing out trying to keep pace with this greedy scheme. It’s just not worth it.

Let the whales whale out tho, thanks to them the game is up and running, and since I don’t think my humble couple of dollars don’t make any difference for this company the same way the do for me, they won’t ever see a single penny from me again. I’m done with that.
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 394 ★★★
    I spent 100$ on 4th but only have 1 r5 yet I’m beating rosters with 4-5 r5 and 1-2 r2 7* it’s a matter of can you outplay them and force bad match ups they can have a bigger roster but bgs also takes in can you force them into harder match ups that’s what you got to do no point in complaining when you can win the match
    And I only have 13 r4 and not all are on my deck and my one r5 is apoc so it’s not like it’s my roster is big I use mainly r3s with a mix of r4s and my r5 so it comes down to can you force bad match ups play the difficult match ups and outsmart the opponent
  • Options
    endgamelockedendgamelocked Posts: 11

Spenders will always progress faster than non-spenders. That's how they fund this business.

Someone progressing faster than you doesn't change the story or Everest challenges you have in front of you (8.2 and on, EOP, Carina's, Abyss, Gauntlet, etc).

The main pain point for non-spenders in BGs, which is something I hope Kabam addresses in a way that satisfies most players. There needs to be a level added that splits the base and lets you find more reasonable matches. Or som such.

Yes BGs is the whole main point here. I keep facing players with lots r5 6* while i only have 4 r4. BGs seems to me is a game mode design only for spenders.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★

Yes BGs is the whole main point here. I keep facing players with lots r5 6* while i only have 4 r4. BGs seems to me is a game mode design only for spenders.
    Only 4 6r4? Are you a relatively new player? This wasn’t super competitive even before the sales.
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 394 ★★★
    Another thing I want to point out some of you ask for balanced matchmaking there’s no such thing there will always be someone who’s roster is slightly worse or they are a worse players no matter what someone will always lose cause they worse than the person their facing so balanced matchmaking doesn’t exist cause someone will always have to be worse than the other for someone to win if you both are completely equal it would always end in a tie
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023

Are you thinking you're playing a different track than those players?