**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

TOS

ScottryanScottryan Posts: 475 ★★★
Say I admit to breaking TOS in a Youtube video. Am I exempt from consequences because I admitted to it, or will I get banned like anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    DL864 said:

Lmao what's your friend's YouTube now I'm interested.

R u trolling or do you not know?
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Scottryan said:

DL864 said:

I don't know for real.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,993 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Game moderators repeatedly said they do not have access to accounts. They can bring up the case if they see it and still those tasked with the responsibilities to keep the game clean has to pore through the logs to verify TOS breaking.
  • Options

7+ years ago. Let’s drag up your entire history and go through what you’ve done the last 7 years.

KT could start a new account and still pass you with one hand tied behind his hand.

What you don’t realize is that people who were asked to pilot and merc were exceptionally skilled at the game. Keep whining.

Not whining, just curious if they're going to do anything, and if they're not if its because its been 7 years OR if its because of the size of his platform
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Scottryan said:

DL864 said:

Scottryan said:

DL864 said:

I don't know for real.
    https://youtu.be/L40Ck8kZbUM
    Is there a tldw?
  • Options

Scottryan said:

DL864 said:

Scottryan said:

DL864 said:

I don't know for real.
    https://youtu.be/L40Ck8kZbUM
    Is there a tldw?
    His account is bought
    He used to merc
    BUT he feels really bad about it and hasn't done it for a long time
  • Options
    Ang3lOfD3athAng3lOfD3ath Posts: 78
    Bruh im dead 😂
  • Options

Scottryan said:

7+ years ago. Let’s drag up your entire history and go through what you’ve done the last 7 years.

KT could start a new account and still pass you with one hand tied behind his hand.

What you don’t realize is that people who were asked to pilot and merc were exceptionally skilled at the game. Keep whining.

Not whining, just curious if they're going to do anything, and if they're not if its because its been 7 years OR if its because of the size of his platform
    Because it’s been 7 years. Maybe you should be talking about current TOS violations instead of talking about 7 year old issues?

But you clearly didn’t do this in good faith.
    How exactly is this not in good faith?
    I'm just curious if something is going to be done, and if not then why
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

Because it’s been 7 years. Maybe you should be talking about current TOS violations instead of talking about 7 year old issues?

Nothing will be done because it was 7 years ago. He has proven that he is reformed and hasn't broken the ToS since then. Punishing him now, after 7 years, would be a punishment done in bad faith.
    Isn't he technically still breaking TOS by playing on an account that isn't his? I'm not sure how all that works but that was my understanding of it
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,649 ★★★★★
    Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

I’m sure there’s a bridge somewhere you can go bring this to the attention too.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,993 ★★★★★
    Scottryan said:

DL864 said:

You'll be fine. What's your YouTube channel?

Oh its not actually me. I'm just asking for a friend
    You know him and vice versa?
  • Options
    MDxMDx Posts: 91
    Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

Nothing will be done because it was 7 years ago. He has proven that he is reformed and hasn't broken the ToS since then. Punishing him now, after 7 years, would be a punishment done in bad faith.
    Isn't he technically still breaking TOS by playing on an account that isn't his? I'm not sure how all that works but that was my understanding of it
    Okay , I'll ask you directly , what do you want to happen ? You're inclining somewhere , say it openly buddy .
  • Options
    MDxMDx Posts: 91

Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

it was different then.

many current big accounts are second hand

5+ years ago it was customary to:

-buy energy refills and war potions from mercs
    - load the alliance treasury with loyalty, gold, and battlechips purchased from mercs (map 6 was so expensive even the "cleanest teams" with the best reps used to do this)
    - in 2017-2018 in was common for the average player to finish their friend's quest or move them in AQ

if kabam banned for past tos violations, they would nuke most of masters, most competitive aq teams, many players below that, and even members of their own CCP if you get my drift. it was different back then. old times had different standards that you can't compare to today.
    Exactly , even kabam themselves made a big deal saying it isn't cool to share accounts and what not at that time . After which this whole scenario cooled down.
    This guy would've known this if he were playing from a long time.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★

Like Karen please they cant even make a sandwich properly

Enjoy your time on the Forum.
  • Options
    InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 321 ★★
    Scottryan said:

Say I admit to breaking TOS in a Youtube video. Am I exempt from consequences because I admitted to it, or will I get banned like anyone else?

Kabam needs proof in game. Outside sources are not valid. :smiley:
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,478 ★★★★★

Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

it was different then.

- load the alliance treasury with loyalty, gold, and battlechips purchased from mercs (map 6 was so expensive even the "cleanest teams" with the best reps used to do this)
    - in 2017-2018 in was common for the average player to finish their friend's quest or move them in AQ

if kabam banned for past tos violations, they would nuke most of masters, most competitive aq teams, many players below that, and even members of their own CCP if you get my drift. it was different back then. old times had different standards that you can't compare to today.
    You should clarify that it was customary within the community, not with Kabam. They still banned people back then as well but back then, it was harder to catch them.

Kabam has NEVER approved of any of that behavior.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★

Scottryan said:

Pikolu said:

Scottryan said:

Scottryan said:

it was different then.

You should clarify that it was customary within the community, not with Kabam. They still banned people back then as well but back then, it was harder to catch them.

Kabam has NEVER approved of any of that behavior.
    But still allowed it to happen
    Silence is the sign of approval/agreement