**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Game economy (stores) needs to be updated yesterday, not with game mode updates

ISO17ISO17 Posts: 85 ★★
The bridge between people who spent $1,000+ this weekend and those that did not us far, FAR too big to not have immediate updates to the stores. Everything is absolutely outdated, from loyalty store, Glory store not having ANY T6CC, and overpriced R4 mats, EQ rewards being extremely underwhelming, etc. especially with the push and focus for BG’s, we need immediate updates to the game economy to help even the playing field.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Buttehrs said:

they just said in the stream that this was top priority, so expect to see more information soon

The part that gets me is, you'd think they would know this fallout before the deals even occur. So why not be proactive instead of reactive and tell us before the deals even happen that ftp or low spenders etc can expect updates to economy to "catch up" in X amount of time.
    I imagine they expect us to catch up next month, since that's when the "best ftp event in history" is supposed to be taking place.
    But that will just at the very least keep the gap the same, since we can assume even spenders will get the rewards
    We could assume that, but Kabam knows for sure what kind of materials ftp players lack that ptw players have in abundance, as well as what content ptw players avoid that ftp players participate in. This is how Kabam has always lowered the gap in the past and I expect them to do a pretty decent job of doing it again.

Besides, the same is true for the glory store and literally any content that ftp players have access to. If anything, a month with rewards spread out across the game has a better chance at lowering the gap than a glory store update.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

they just said in the stream that this was top priority, so expect to see more information soon

The part that gets me is, you'd think they would know this fallout before the deals even occur. So why not be proactive instead of reactive and tell us before the deals even happen that ftp or low spenders etc can expect updates to economy to "catch up" in X amount of time.
    The delay is on purpose, because why would people spend if they could wait to use in-game currency instead? The store updates will not cover the difference between you and whales anyway. Spenders are integral to the existence of the game, so there will always (repeat: always) be advantages to spending. Always.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,070 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

The delay is on purpose, because why would people spend if they could wait to use in-game currency instead? The store updates will not cover the difference between you and whales anyway. Spenders are integral to the existence of the game, so there will always (repeat: always) be advantages to spending. Always.
    I'm aware the delay is on purpose. What I was getting at was they can easily tell us ahead of time, if you don't spend any money, expect to be 2-3 months behind until you can start getting the same items etc.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,478 ★★★★★
    ISO17 said:

ISO17 said:

The bridge between people who spent $1,000+ this weekend and those that did not us far, FAR too big to not have immediate updates to the stores. Everything is absolutely outdated, from loyalty store, Glory store not having ANY T6CC, and overpriced R4 mats, EQ rewards being extremely underwhelming, etc. especially with the push and focus for BG’s, we need immediate updates to the game economy to help even the playing field.

Why do you think you should be able to keep pace with someone who spends $1000 and you don't?
    It’s not keeping pace, I don’t expect to get R5 gems in EQ. But the goalpost cannot be set so far for too long or too many lower spenders or FTP players will be discouraged and quit. I’m saying this as someone who did in fact put a good amount into my roster this week, progress needs to be made immediately to BRIDGE the gap, not to equalize everything
    There's no goalpost other than to fictional one F2P make up. You're chasing your own account progression and not someone else's as F2P. You'll never bridge that gap as offers will never stop. Anyone with extra income in this game will always and forever be way further ahead than anyone who can't or won't spend money.

It's not to say that the stores don't need updated, because they do but not to "bridge the gap" between someone who dropped $1000 on July 4th and someone who hasn't spent a dime on this game.

Focus on your roster and stop trying to be a spender without being a spender.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,478 ★★★★★
    5th said:

ISO17 said:

Why do you think you should be able to keep pace with someone who spends $1000 and you don't?
    Why do you always make illogical comments!
    And which part of my comment was illogical?
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,671 ★★★★★
    5th said:

ISO17 said:

You have got to be joking. No way you think what he just said is illogical
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,428 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

5th said:

ISO17 said:

You have got to be joking. No way you think what he just said is illogical
    It’s called sarcasm 😭
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,035 Guardian
    Wozzle007 said:

Even moving it so with all 3 stores combined we can achieve one rank 5 a month, it’s still infinitely fewer rank ups then what you get from buying.

Good luck with that.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 826 ★★★★

If FTP players are able to catch up the the whales in 2 months time, this would stop a lot of whales from spending. The game will die if th whales stop spending. July 4th, boxing day offers and gifting events help a lot since more players will spend during this times and not just the whales. I am FTP but I know that I will eventually get to where the whales are now but by that time they will taken another huge step ahead. You can't possible expect to ever catch up to them, you will always be around 6 months or more behind. The economy of the game dictates that the whales must be ahead so they can spend to keep the game alive. I know that I will never keep up so I play at my own pace, but for those FTP who wants to keep up, STOP, it's never going to happen and it shouldn't. Spenders get more benefits and perks so they would keep spending. Just like in life, the rich can buy what they want and go on vacation anytime they want. So what's the big deal. Money will help you in life and in this game. They say money is the root of all evil, I say jealous and entitlement is the root of all evil.

What a fantastic post. F2P whiners are incredibly ungrateful both to Kabam (who goes above and beyond to consider F2P in a completely ad-free game) and the spenders who keep the game running.

Thankfully it’s a tiny but very vocal minority.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,997 ★★★★★
    I thought kt1 was very articulate on the subject. The issue isn’t the resources bought; it’s the timing.

The marginal utility of each rankup decreases with each one. Your tenth r5 is worth less than your first. The problem with this situation is that this flood was unleashed in an economy that mostly lacked 6r5/7r2.

Even going one rung down the ladder, I’m adding a lot of r4 champs to my roster, but I had like 20 already. Those rankups fill niches and broaden my capabilities, but they aren’t upsetting to game balance.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,375 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

I'm aware the delay is on purpose. What I was getting at was they can easily tell us ahead of time, if you don't spend any money, expect to be 2-3 months behind until you can start getting the same items etc.
    While I agree with you the stores need to be updated but it’s also unrealistic to think kabam will ever tell outright how long they will let the spenders have an advantage. It will be counterproductive to them to disclose this information.
  • Options

If FTP players are able to catch up the the whales in 2 months time, this would stop a lot of whales from spending. The game will die if th whales stop spending. July 4th, boxing day offers and gifting events help a lot since more players will spend during this times and not just the whales. I am FTP but I know that I will eventually get to where the whales are now but by that time they will taken another huge step ahead. You can't possible expect to ever catch up to them, you will always be around 6 months or more behind. The economy of the game dictates that the whales must be ahead so they can spend to keep the game alive. I know that I will never keep up so I play at my own pace, but for those FTP who wants to keep up, STOP, it's never going to happen and it shouldn't. Spenders get more benefits and perks so they would keep spending. Just like in life, the rich can buy what they want and go on vacation anytime they want. So what's the big deal. Money will help you in life and in this game. They say money is the root of all evil, I say jealous and entitlement is the root of all evil.

What a fantastic post. F2P whiners are incredibly ungrateful both to Kabam (who goes above and beyond to consider F2P in a completely ad-free game) and the spenders who keep the game running.

Thankfully it’s a tiny but very vocal minority.
    Lmao. The entitlement of this guy is funny
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

I imagine they expect us to catch up next month, since that's when the "best ftp event in history" is supposed to be taking place.
    But that will just at the very least keep the gap the same, since we can assume even spenders will get the rewards
    Why should the spenders not have a gap? If they are spending £1000 on an event or more, they should feel rightly justified to have a better roster.

At the end of the day what’s it even matter? The top will always be the top, we can just enjoy at our own pace, and spend if we wish.

I would feel annoyed if I had just spent tons for July 4th and seen F2P have a better roster or the same without spending.
  • Options
    CsuttonCsutton Posts: 197 ★★
    ISO17 said:

I love all the “disagree” clowns on your original post 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤣🤣… like this is quite literally reality, the true state of the game and everyone sees it lol. It’s not a matter of agreeing, disagreeing or perspective; it’s just facts. I spent a decent amount and even I, as a spender, can see the disconnect these awesome deals created. Hopefully the coming updates will be good for the whole community, ftp or not.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,105 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    TyEdge said:

I thought kt1 was very articulate on the subject. The issue isn’t the resources bought; it’s the timing.

The marginal utility of each rankup decreases with each one. Your tenth r5 is worth less than your first. The problem with this situation is that this flood was unleashed in an economy that mostly lacked 6r5/7r2.

Even going one rung down the ladder, I’m adding a lot of r4 champs to my roster, but I had like 20 already. Those rankups fill niches and broaden my capabilities, but they aren’t upsetting to game balance.

First off, it's KT1. That man complains when it's a day ending in the letter Y.

He complains if Kabam does something he doesn't like because to him, it's ruining the game and he complain if Kabam does something he really likes, because he'll argue that it should have been done sooner, even if it's something that couldn't be done at the time.