Options

Should I have lost this fight? πŸ€”

2Β»

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Get Good
    You got hit(or otherwise) and lost a lot of health. That makes you a bad player. So you lost
  • Options
    OpxOpx Posts: 132 β˜…
    edited July 2023
    Get Good
    Why would you like to win? You played it terribly wrong. You're low on HP but he didn't kill the defender, but overall he played better.
  • Options
    Genghis_SlimGenghis_Slim Posts: 44 β˜…
    @AverageDesi damn im a bad playerβ€¦πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    Genghis_SlimGenghis_Slim Posts: 44 β˜…
    @Opx you kinda answered it yourself
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 780 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Scoring Problem
    TyEdge said:

@Ayden_noah1 Decathalon got itβ€¦πŸ˜‚ but this is a fight. I believe a more relevant example would be an olympic boxing match πŸ₯Š

No, a more relevant example would be two boxing matches. One boxer sucks and gets his teeth knocked in, but he lands one big punch for a KO. That’s you.

The other boxer controls the fight on a tactical level, does almost as much damage to the opponent as you did, and takes a small fraction of the beating you took.

You did 100% damage and took 74%. He did 83% damage and only took 12.5%. Come on. And despite all of that, you were about 5 seconds from winning. Next time try for 69 ;)
    Always fascinating how differently people can view something.

If we’re talking boxing, it wasn’t one lucky punch after getting pummeled for 9 rounds. It was one round, one guy played it safe and won by the scorecard and one guy went all out, took a risk, and got the KO. I’ll always have more respect for the fighter that gives it 100%, takes a risk and gets a KO over the one who plays it slow and safe and doesn’t take risks.

I think there’s a way with nodes to avoid a nuke fest but maybe not. Either way, counters still matter. I’d argue it’s not the best counter if someone else can reliably win the fight significantly faster. You’d be taking a risk going for the KO and ending up at low health. If you misjudge it and get KOed yourself and your opponent played a little safer they can still win. I just think a fighting game that doesn’t prioritize finishing the fight is kinda silly but I’m the outlier here based on the feedback on this thread and many others and I’m ok with that.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

TyEdge said:

@Ayden_noah1 Decathalon got itβ€¦πŸ˜‚ but this is a fight. I believe a more relevant example would be an olympic boxing match πŸ₯Š

No, a more relevant example would be two boxing matches. One boxer sucks and gets his teeth knocked in, but he lands one big punch for a KO. That’s you.

The other boxer controls the fight on a tactical level, does almost as much damage to the opponent as you did, and takes a small fraction of the beating you took.

You did 100% damage and took 74%. He did 83% damage and only took 12.5%. Come on. And despite all of that, you were about 5 seconds from winning. Next time try for 69 ;)
    Always fascinating how differently people can view something.

If we’re talking boxing, it wasn’t one lucky punch after getting pummeled for 9 rounds. It was one round, one guy played it safe and won by the scorecard and one guy went all out, took a risk, and got the KO. I’ll always have more respect for the fighter that gives it 100%, takes a risk and gets a KO over the one who plays it slow and safe and doesn’t take risks.

I think there’s a way with nodes to avoid a nuke fest but maybe not. Either way, counters still matter. I’d argue it’s not the best counter if someone else can reliably win the fight significantly faster. You’d be taking a risk going for the KO and ending up at low health. If you misjudge it and get KOed yourself and your opponent played a little safer they can still win. I just think a fighting game that doesn’t prioritize finishing the fight is kinda silly but I’m the outlier here based on the feedback on this thread and many others and I’m ok with that.
    I think that’s a fair assessment, and very well expressed.

The deciding factor for me is that they didn’t play it a little safer, in this case. OP lost six times more health. P2 did one sixth less damage.
  • Options
    TheGame84TheGame84 Posts: 22 β˜…
    Scoring Problem
    Reducing the max points awarded for time really sucks and disproportionately affects players that run with suicides on. I hope this is a temporary change because it sucks the fun out of this game mode for me.
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Get Good
    Cgr vs duped fantman not a good idea imo
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,582 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

The point system is the same for everyone so you have to learn it and play into it to win.

I do think getting a KO should award a couple thousand extra points to avoid these situations though. Give an extra 3-5k points for a KO to make it the goal and I think a lot of scoring complaints will go away. In the extreme cases like BitterSteel mentioned you can still win by playing better but in cases like this it almost benefits going ham early in the fight and pausing when the defender hits 3 bars of power.

It did reward points for getting the KO, it's the time bonus.
    No, that would be the time bonus .... says it in the name
  • Options

Get Good at pausing the match once you got your opponent at a reasonable % & you have high health. Since time isnt a factor if you would have paused the match at a safe spot i bet my last penny you would have won. Yea it cuts into the spirit of the game but Mcoc is getting soulless anyway with the gap between F2P & Whales so why even care.

Can’t wait for this to be penalised so pause-cheaters stop winning.
    They need to do something about this and soon, I just hope they don't remove the ability to pause altogether, that would be a bad move lol

• Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 514 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Get Good
    Higher HP left shouls be rewarded.

A classic example is Hercules. If all that matters is KO then Herc triggering immortality will be a cheat code for every match. This way, someone who uses Hercules has to win without relying on immortality because that 1% health will not get you many points.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Get Good
    Mackey said:

The point system is the same for everyone so you have to learn it and play into it to win.

I do think getting a KO should award a couple thousand extra points to avoid these situations though. Give an extra 3-5k points for a KO to make it the goal and I think a lot of scoring complaints will go away. In the extreme cases like BitterSteel mentioned you can still win by playing better but in cases like this it almost benefits going ham early in the fight and pausing when the defender hits 3 bars of power.

Which is only attainable if you KO the opponent. Faster the KO, more the points
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,481 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Get Good
    Why ask if you're gonna argue with everyone and get mad when they bring up valid points? Lol you lost that fight, get good, move on.
  • Options
    Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 153 β˜…β˜…
    Scoring Problem
    I'm not a fan of the timer scoring now. I've taken down defenders inside of 45 sec multiple times, only to lose by a couple hundred points cause they ended with 6% more health but took them around 30 additional sec. Oh well, can't please everyone in this
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,239 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Get Good

Boxing match is a bad example since if you KO the opponent you will always win, no matter how much damage you took or how well the other fighter did before the KO. Decathalon is about more than just one criteria, it's about overall points from all events. There's no KO punch that can save you if you suck in all the other areas.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2023
    Scoring Problem
    I think the time scoring fixed some issues and created others...or made them worse.

Nick Fury pause is even more powerful now.

I'd cut the time score change in half next season for testing.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Mackey said:

Yes it is only attainable that way but its not a KO bonus, its a time bonus, that bonus varies depending upon how fast one finishes the fight. A KO bonus would award x amount of point for KO'ing the opponent.

Also, it's idea was to be a tie breaker in the event of a tie, kabam said so themselves.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Get Good
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

its not a KO bonus, its a time bonus, that bonus varies depending upon how fast one finishes the fight.
    Lol you just described a bonus for KOing the opponent
  • Options
    HuskerCoolHuskerCool Posts: 35 β˜…
    Get Good

They need to do something about this and soon, I just hope they don't remove the ability to pause altogether, that would be a bad move lol

Why would that be a bad move?
  • Options
    xman69xxman69x Posts: 51 β˜…
    Of course that you shouldn’t lose this fight…. But this was Legacy advice to Kabam to lower time points, and now we have this nonsense…

You actually, WON THE FIGHT, you actually defeated your opponent, which it should be win.

• Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,455 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Get Good
    xman69x said:

Of course that you shouldn’t lose this fight…. But this was Legacy advice to Kabam to lower time points, and now we have this nonsense…

You actually, WON THE FIGHT, you actually defeated your opponent, which it should be win.

Can we stop and appreciate the irony of someone screaming for unsubstantiated bans here suffering this fate?

Let's see who they/ them come back as. Should be fun.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 778 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Scoring Problem
    It’s why the time nerf was a positive and negative.

You would have won in the old scoring system so it’s time to adjust your play. Better to time out with no damage than win with lots of damage. Is it skill to play it super safe and just block everything? We’ll see in the next meta.
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 514 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Get Good
    I take back my earlier comment..while i still think that KO bonus should not be awarded, they need to tweak the pointa slightly such that KO'ing the opponent is slightly higher points than it is now.

I am seeing a lot of matches being lost or won by small margins (200-300 points).
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 350 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Get Good

Instead of complaining as to why the scoring system needs to be changed you could take some time to learn how to fight him. Problem solved πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 643 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The new scoring system allows smaller rosters to have a chance beating bigger rosters. I’ve won matches against rosters that are way bigger than mine this season because of that. And lost to rosters I thought I should win because of that. It’s no longer a get a bigger roster and plow your way to the top strategy. You pick the wrong counter or defender, or RNG doesn’t let you pick a good domino counter 🀣 and their is a good chance you lose regardless of how many 7* R2 and 6* R5 you have. You at least have to think a little.
  • Options

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

its not a KO bonus, its a time bonus, that bonus varies depending upon how fast one finishes the fight.
    Lol you just described a bonus for KOing the opponent
    You missed out a key part there though .... you get a bonus for how fast you KO the opponent. If it was just for KOing the opponent it would be fixed and not dependent on the time taken to do so lol
  • Options

Why would that be a bad move?

So what if I need to pause for something legitimate? Or you for that matter? Something which will take 1 or 2 seconds to deal with. We should be able to pause for that exact reason, to pause. I'm all for being penalised for doing so but removing the ability to pause is not the answer. I haven't seen or played 1 competitive game which doesn't allow the ability to pause