**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is BGS even playable anymore?

I know I'm not alone when I'm randomly lagged out in bgs. I have lost two of my rankup matches to "randomly lagging out" in battle grounds. Will there ever be a fix?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    A lot of people experience these issues regularly, and a lot of players have never experienced them. BGs is still playable and the issues will likely be fixed slowly over time.
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 520 ★★★
    Luckily I have not faced this issue this season.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,035 ★★★★★
    I made a ticket since I lost hundreds of elder marks from the same bug as OP and the response was that , although they cant take individual action, they passed feedback on to the team for what could potentially be a global issue that we receive a form of compensation for scarce resources lost at the hand of this bug. Hopefully kabam steps forward and acknowledges this bug for this to happen
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,070 Guardian
    If you are regularly timing out of BG matches, then I recommend not pressing the "I'm ready" button because that button could be putting you into a false instance of the fight which would count as quitting the fight when your false match finishes.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,536 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

If you are regularly timing out of BG matches, then I recommend not pressing the "I'm ready" button because that button could be putting you into a false instance of the fight which would count as quitting the fight when your false match finishes.

That seems to be the case, but it's still wild that this issue is plaguing the mode seasons after its debut. Then again, same company that has had the same input issues for over half a decade.

It sucks too, because when it runs smoothly it's a fun game mode. But between the cheaters and the disconnects, only 3/ maybe 6 or 7 games on average are fair game for me. That's disregarding the usual suspects of dropped frames and input issues too.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,070 Guardian

Pikolu said:

That seems to be the case, but it's still wild that this issue is plaguing the mode seasons after its debut. Then again, same company that has had the same input issues for over half a decade.

It sucks too, because when it runs smoothly it's a fun game mode. But between the cheaters and the disconnects, only 3/ maybe 6 or 7 games on average are fair game for me. That's disregarding the usual suspects of dropped frames and input issues too.
    Something to remember is the inputs only started having issues 2 years ago with the unity update.

One of the biggest problems I have seen with personal experience is when you double tap something in BGs, it does something you don't want it to do. If you double tap the ban defenders with 1 second left it will autochoose your first champion if you're drafting first. In thr same breath, double tapping the I'm ready button due to impatience also causes the exact same effect of disconnecting the match.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,518 ★★★★★
    I've played the most BGs matches I've ever played this season and never run into that bug. But I'm a firm believer that it stems from your connection to the server instead of anything else going on with the game.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    edited July 2023

A lot of people experience these issues regularly, and a lot of players have never experienced them. BGs is still playable and the issues will likely be fixed slowly over time.

Been hearing that since release of BGs...
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    I've got my theory that this issue is miss communication from modded versions to the actual legit version of the game...
    More bans less cheaters... Less issues
  • Options
    AgroAgro Posts: 8
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Something to remember is the inputs only started having issues 2 years ago with the unity update.

One of the biggest problems I have seen with personal experience is when you double tap something in BGs, it does something you don't want it to do. If you double tap the ban defenders with 1 second left it will autochoose your first champion if you're drafting first. In thr same breath, double tapping the I'm ready button due to impatience also causes the exact same effect of disconnecting the match.
    wait this is actually really smart. I'll be sure to try it out for my next battle ground matches and let you know the results.
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 255 ★★
    Totally playable, didn't have bugs this season at all for me, made it further than I ever have. I watch streamers every day having zero issues for hours and hours.