Mythic Crystals Situation

ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,417 ★★★★★
I'm seeing a lot of Cav accounts with 2-3 7* in global right now. This is the first time I've seen anything this game breaking happen so does anyone know what they're going to do? Or if we've had any situations like this in the past how did they fix it?

Comments

• GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,482 Guardian
    Check the giant thread about it below
  • Evils_bane_007Evils_bane_007 Member Posts: 13
    This is so unfair
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,417 ★★★★★

Check the giant thread about it below

I was. Didn't notice Miike made another post, thanks!

I believe they said they'll get everything taken from them that they received from opening those crystals.

The problem with that is: how? How long is that gonna take? They're earning a lot more than just the rewards from the crystals, they're getting free 6*s, ISO, Gold, and even 7*s that they can then use to steamroll other content. This is gonna require a lot more work than just removing the rewards from opening the crystals.
    Exactly, this is a huge problem that I don't even know how they would fix. Sure you could just remove every single 6* and 7* that was opened between 10am and 10:20am PST from every single account but then that could potentially screw over people who didn't even pop any mythics. Not only that but if it takes them a whole week to do so, some of the people who popped the mythics could easily move up to the next progression title etc. Huge mess, really don't see them fixing it completely without screwing over some people, whether it's the ones that popped the crystals or the ones that didn't.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

I believe they said they'll get everything taken from them that they received from opening those crystals.

They should, but this isn’t going to be an easy task.
    And let me remind you the 20mil loyalty bug, that Kabam tried to address too.
    There were accounts that kept them 😉
  • Evils_bane_007Evils_bane_007 Member Posts: 13
    This is so unfair

The problem with that is: how? How long is that gonna take? They're earning a lot more than just the rewards from the crystals, they're getting free 6*s, ISO, Gold, and even 7*s that they can then use to steamroll other content. This is gonna require a lot more work than just removing the rewards from opening the crystals.
    Agreed, with this bug, they'll be able to rank up in battlegrounds or go up in story mode. This is so unfair. I'm curious to know how long will it take to roll back all this mess? If even possible
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Yup exactly...
    Maybe the only way to fix it is giving everybody 1250 mythic crystals...🤷
  • HSS75HSS75 Member Posts: 1,161 ★★★
    Coppin said:

Greekhit said:

Yup exactly...
    they said they are going to remove everything they gained from those crystals and it will take a lot of time to do
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Member Posts: 895 ★★★★
    It’s plausible that they’ll “forget” about this after a period of time given the sheer complexity of actually actioning what they propose. People have used gold, iso, catalysts and sig stones.

People have taken their shiny exciting new champs and progressed in both BG’s and Story giving them more rewards.

Honestly it’s such a messed up situation.
    Shamir51 said:

It’s plausible that they’ll “forget” about this after a period of time given the sheer complexity of actually actioning what they propose. People have used gold, iso, catalysts and sig stones.

People have taken their shiny exciting new champs and progressed in both BG’s and Story giving them more rewards.

Honestly it’s such a messed up situation.

Yeah that's my main concern here, you can take away the champs sure but how do you take away the progression and all the other items they'll get using the champs they just got.
    edited July 2023
    HSS75 said:

Coppin said:

Greekhit said:

Yup exactly...
    they said they are going to remove everything they gained from those crystals and it will take a lot of time to do
    They said the exact same thing with the millioms lf loyalty sent by mistake and I know ppl who kept them..
    This also reminds me at the time people would rush buy those cavallier nexus crystals cause they had the wrong drop rate and then they would get a new set of crystals for free...
    They never removed the contents of the "bugged crystals"
    Coppin said:

HSS75 said:

Coppin said:

Greekhit said:

Yup exactly...
    They said the exact same thing with the millioms lf loyalty sent by mistake and I know ppl who kept them..
    This also reminds me at the time people would rush buy those cavallier nexus crystals cause they had the wrong drop rate and then they would get a new set of crystals for free...
    This is ten times worse than any of those situations though. We have Cavs who went from 30 5* to +150 6* and four or five 7*, massive difference. They have to find a way to fix this or send compensation to those that didn't open anything.

Coppin said:

HSS75 said:

Coppin said:

Greekhit said:

Yup exactly...
    This is ten times worse than any of those situations though. We have Cavs who went from 30 5* to +150 6* and four or five 7*, massive difference. They have to find a way to fix this or send compensation to those that didn't open anything.
    Did i say it wasn't?...its a huge problem... Worth shutting down the game for a whole day...
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

HSS75 said:

Coppin said:

Greekhit said:

Yup exactly...
    Did i say it wasn't?...its a huge problem... Worth shutting down the game for a whole day...
    Well, you compared it to two other situations and how they were handled so it sounded like it, guess not.
    edited July 2023

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

HSS75 said:

Coppin said:

Greekhit said:

Yup exactly...
    Well, you compared it to two other situations and how they were handled so it sounded like it, guess not.
    U think 20 mill loyalty wasnt game breaking back when ot happened?...
    I compared it to everything that was gonna be"taken care of" and people forgot about....
    I honestly think the game should be shut down for 24hs... Have all the databases that need fixing fixed.. this is literally game breaking even if 1 person who opened 20 gets by.
    Why do i believe a complete shut down is needed?.. its not just the champs.. probably some of this people already ranked up a few, leveled up a few.. or will do later on... Just more stuff to backtrack for no reason.
    AQ is over, there is no war... Perfect timing to do an emergency maintenance and fix it
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

HSS75 said:

Coppin said:

Greekhit said:

Yup exactly...
    U think 20 mill loyalty wasnt game breaking back when ot happened?...
    I compared it to everything that was gonna be"taken care of" and people forgot about....
    I honestly think the game should be shut down for 24hs... Have all the databases that need fixing fixed.. this is literally game breaking even if 1 person who opened 20 gets by.
    Why do i believe a complete shut down is needed?.. its not just the champs.. probably some of this people already ranked up a few, leveled up a few.. or will do later on... Just more stuff to backtrack for no reason.
    AQ is over, there is no war... Perfect timing to do an emergency maintenance and fix it
    It definitely is, just not as game breaking as this one (for a Cav player at least).
    And yeah I agree, they should shut down everything for a whole day but then they'll probably have people crying about it on the forums so they won't.