**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

So is the Mythic Crystals bug being silenced?

Mcoc team says they tryna take care of it but I do know for a fact there are tons of players who opened hundreds of those crystals and playing whole regularly. Is this going to be silenced? If so I have nothing to look for in this game anymore because I spent a good ample of money last 4th of july and I can't play the game knowing others are now equal or even bigger than me without spending a single penny.

Comments

• Options
    TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Posts: 155
    Don’t even know what you’re talking about 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    TheAntiSaintTheAntiSaint Posts: 105
    It sounds very complex to track the players whose rosters changed drastically, and are continuing to change without the influence of mythic crystals making it harder to get rid of the exact champions. Big mess for sure
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

It sounds very complex to track the players whose rosters changed drastically, and are continuing to change without the influence of mythic crystals making it harder to get rid of the exact champions. Big mess for sure

Its really not if you notice the route they took..
    They froze mythic crystals.. so there is no new data on them..
    They just have to look at openings from the time the SQ was available to the freezing time...
  • Options
    Coppin said:

They just have to look at openings from the time the SQ was available to the freezing time...
    Oh but it really IS though. Players that are still opening crystals right now are making it increasingly more difficult for kabam to not screw up. Say, if you got a champion from a mythic and duped them with shards unrelated to the mythic crystal, it turns into a problem.
  • Options

Coppin said:

But that wouldn't account for all of the rewards they've earned using the champions
    Yeah.. but come on.. so they gonna get to do a few paths ...Dont tell me they gonna magically go up a progression lvl ...

Coppin said:

Oh but it really IS though. Players that are still opening crystals right now are making it increasingly more difficult for kabam to not screw up. Say, if you got a champion from a mythic and duped them with shards unrelated to the mythic crystal, it turns into a problem.
    Opening what crystals?... U can't open anymore mythics...and they are removing everything that came from those mythic crystals..(I Hope), and that means gold, iso, shards...
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

Why would you jump to this conclusion within two days of the event occurring?

Are you new here? This place is full of chicken littles that do nothing but jump to conclusions
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Coppin said:

Kabam has a log of every action on your account. They can look at what champions were received, and remove them or the sigs given by them along with the gold, iso, and shards given from them. The complexity just increases with the trickle down effects of people who open crystals with these shards. Then kabam has to go through and remove these champions acquired through shards. They also have to remove all gold acquired by selling iso too. Then you have the issue of people completing content with new champions, but I doubt kabam will do anything about it.

I just hope kabam screws over the players who waste resources ranking champions they didn't have before by not refunding iso, gold, or catalysts used on those rankups. It would be fun to see exploiters go into negative gold amounts for this.
    Great plot twist...
    Hey u took my r3 mats.. i R3 hercules from the Mythic Crystals...
    What Hercules?.. U never had one 🤣
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 805 ★★★★
    If there was some plausible deniability... say 10 crystals were awarded... one might think it an innocent mistake.

but who in their right mind would think over 1000 crystals was intended?

I am a little more sympathetic to the side quest bug doing the whole map. While I am sure some people did it innocently, some knew what they were doing... it wasn't "as obvious" or game changing.

That said, I would say anyone who actually picked them and didn't open them should be given the option to change their selection, or even be given a full 6 star crystal as "reward" for playing fairly.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,456 ★★★★★

agree. my friend opened more than 400+ crystals out of 1250. plays, beats BG, completes tasks. players in the union went through a side task with a bug, took all the rewards, and play the same way.
    but large topics were closed by mistake :#

Knowing Kabam it could very possibly be totally ignored and silenced just like the way it is now. I spent 1500$ last July 4th and I feel so sorry about it right now.. I might just get issue a refund card for that and if I get banned or something then it doesn't really matter anymore cause I plan on quitting the game anyways due to this huge exploit that other players got a huge advantage over me now for absolutely free.
    People like you that do charge backs because your feelings are hurt, should be arrested for fraud in real life.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Coppin said:

Kabam has a log of every action on your account. They can look at what champions were received, and remove them or the sigs given by them along with the gold, iso, and shards given from them. The complexity just increases with the trickle down effects of people who open crystals with these shards. Then kabam has to go through and remove these champions acquired through shards. They also have to remove all gold acquired by selling iso too. Then you have the issue of people completing content with new champions, but I doubt kabam will do anything about it.

I just hope kabam screws over the players who waste resources ranking champions they didn't have before by not refunding iso, gold, or catalysts used on those rankups. It would be fun to see exploiters go into negative gold amounts for this.
    As fun and exciting as it is to see, there is no judge jury and executioner. Kabam is completely in the wrong, not the player base. Thats what people keep getting twisted. Nobody would be exploiting bugs if they didn’t exist. Had kabam tested their game for once, none of this would be happening.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Coppin said:

As fun and exciting as it is to see, there is no judge jury and executioner. Kabam is completely in the wrong, not the player base. Thats what people keep getting twisted. Nobody would be exploiting bugs if they didn’t exist. Had kabam tested their game for once, none of this would be happening.
    "Nobody would be exploiting bugs if they didn’t exist." -- This would be the funniest comment in years, except that I think you're actually serious.

Anyone who thought 1000-plus crystals was an actual reward is a moron. Everyone else who opened said crystals knowingly exploited a bug and will get what they deserve.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Coppin said:

"Nobody would be exploiting bugs if they didn’t exist." -- This would be the funniest comment in years, except that I think you're actually serious.

Anyone who thought 1000-plus crystals was an actual reward is a moron. Everyone else who opened said crystals knowingly exploited a bug and will get what they deserve.
    Whats funnier is you missing the point entirely instead of taking into consideration what it meant. Kabam giving away 1k+ crystals carelessly thinking nobody would open them are the bigger morons, and deserve to be slandered for being a terrible company being carried on kabam miikes back. You’re a joke if you think otherwise
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★

Pikolu said:

Coppin said:

Unfortunately, being a moron is not against the TOS.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,502 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Coppin said:

So here's how that works. A data analyst on their side would be tasked to build queries first identifying problem accounts, then they'd be tasked with generating exception reports to give to managers that shows range, depth and impact of issue. The call would be on a manager to decree a straight rollback of the accounts or approval from their manager for manhours drilling into individual accounts. It's no surprise you've not seen more decisive action. Last i checked on their linkedin page they're still looking for data analysts...
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Coppin said:

If what they deserve is only Kabam taking back the rewards from the mythic crystals, and not reverting their account to pre opening state and giving them the 7 day ban for TOS violation, then that signals the community to exploit any upcoming bug, since there is nothing to lose if caught and of course there is always a change to get away with any rewards gained.
    Really disappointing to see Kabam, after all their efforts last months against cheating, dropping the ball with this.
    Exploiting a bug to this extend (opening hundreds of crystals over several minutes) and using bugged rewards in content, is cheating and a clear TOS violation, that is ban worthy.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,377 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Coppin said:

Whats funnier is you missing the point entirely instead of taking into consideration what it meant. Kabam giving away 1k+ crystals carelessly thinking nobody would open them are the bigger morons, and deserve to be slandered for being a terrible company being carried on kabam miikes back. You’re a joke if you think otherwise
    You're right. That would be moronic. Only it wasn't intentional. It was a bug. Which no one intended to happen. Since that's the case, they didn't give them "not expecting" anything.
    People are lucky Kabam decided not to ban. Other exploitable issues taken advantage of had different results.
    Rather than being indignant, it might be good to be grateful they chose a different course of action.