Why are paragon crystals so awful?

AldacAldac Member Posts: 478 ★★★
I remember being delighted with Cavalier crystals when they first came out. They didn’t guarantee top-tier rewards but the chance of pulling a rare 6-star was high enough to give them that special stardust and feel genuinely fun to open.

I’ve now opened hundreds of paragon crystals since July 4th and have yet to see any 7-star at all. I can understand that Kabam want to keep this new tier as rare as possible but the low odds seem to be almost nil. For myself and maybe other endgame players as well, collecting new champs at 6-star and existing champs at this new tier is pretty much the main point of the game now so the fact paragon crystals seem to be pointless is somewhat depressing.

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,393 Guardian
    You were delighted at the 1% chance of a 6* champion when cav crystals first came out?
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Member Posts: 755 ★★★
    Don’t worry man you’ll get em next time
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,416 ★★★★★
    Paragon crystals are the debil.

I did get lucky and pull a 7s Titania last week, but that was one great pull in a sea of stone cold duds.
  • KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Member Posts: 947 ★★★
    I’ve gotten four 7*s out of 40 crystals, just luck of the draw
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Ehmm Cavs were awful too.. this as as awful...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,793 ★★★★★

From today
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    I think my second crystal was a 7* Gambit, since then I have pulled zero (out of maybe like 60+, I haven't spent in years).

The biggest question is: why are you complaining about your experience and then equating your pull record to the "odds" when you literally have the percent chance of pulling each of the possible star ratings? If you're going to complain, at least complain about the right thing. Either complain that your pulls have been rough (which is certainly true, though dependant on your 6* pulls) or complain that the given odds are bad (which they aren't).

Also, the cav crystal drop rates have been improved since they originally dropped. I seem to remember a ton of people hating them at the beginning until they pulled a 6*. Just RNG my friend.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,132 ★★★★★
    Why have you opened “hundreds” if you don’t like RNG?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,618 ★★★★★
    Hmmm. Sounds an awful lot like premiums, grandmaster and Cavalier crystals when they were new.