Options

First time in BG GC, doubts

rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 575 ★★★
How does it work in GC? No medals in GC? Is it one win and you move to uru ll from uru lll? Asking coz i dont see those medal place holders in GC. Also how many wins are needed for GC rewards qualification?

Comments

• Options
    FerahgoFerahgo Posts: 96
    You gain points for winning and lose points for losing. So moving up ranks depends on how many people are above you and how many points they have. A single match win or lose will get you the bottom gc rewards
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 435 ★★★
    One fight win or lose will qualify you for rewards. From here on out you get points for winning and lose points for lost matches. Climb brackets by increasing your points. Checking the leaderboard will tell you what’s needed. This time around it’s pretty crazy points wise by the looks of it.
  • Options
    Oh so very different. Just tried my fitst match and lost it...lol, bleeds and regens and stuff, yikes!!!

Just happy to be in GC, a personal milestone to get in to GC in the unstoppable VT meta...lol
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,768 ★★★★★
    You will probably have to do 10+ victories in a row now to climb from uru 3 to uru 2.
  • Options

You will probably have to do 10+ victories in a row now to climb from uru 3 to uru 2.

Oh my!!! Will be stuck in uru 3 i guess...😇
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,266 ★★★★★
    If I was bitter, I'd say you don't go up. You manage one in five Wins because everyone and their Alts who have been tanking all Season are on their way up, while you struggle with unforgiving AI, OP Nodes, and a new scoring metric that values Health remaining over anything else.
    Since I'm not bitter, I'll just point out it's based on Points.
  • Options
    Thank u everyone, appreciate the insights😇👍
  • Options
    JockJonnyJockJonny Posts: 237 ★★
    Also have a GC noob question about points.

If you gain/lose 15 points for using energy, is it gain/lose 90 for elder marks?
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,699 Guardian
    JockJonny said:

If you gain/lose 15 points for using energy, is it gain/lose 90 for elder marks?

EM and energy give the same amount of points for standing in GC. Just like how they give the same amount of medals too in VT
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,340 ★★★★★
    Just keep winning matches and get a high score of yours. I may feel like around a 100 points is great because it is your first time only. U get the rewards of the tier in which u end the season at
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    I've had a real run of easy games lately, disregarding the multiple infiniteoading screens and disconnects I've had since the update (think it's a pre-fight issue) only seems to happen with OS, HT and Abs Man.

Without the disconnects I'd comfortably be back in arcane but it's a real mixed bag, potatoes or sweaty whales.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

If I was bitter, I'd say you don't go up. You manage one in five Wins because everyone and their Alts who have been tanking all Season are on their way up, while you struggle with unforgiving AI, OP Nodes, and a new scoring metric that values Health remaining over anything else.

Objectively False. More points are allotted to defender health taken. In fact it's double the amount of points. So defender Health removed is valued above all else. Time has least priority. That is the correct statement
  • Options
    coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Posts: 322 ★★★
    JockJonny said:

I wish
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

Everyone played by the same rules and scoring. This system rewards skill more, which is why some don't like it.