Options

Goodbye to Battlegrounds

The meta is just too hard for me to even try it anymore. The matchups are 6*r4 or higher and I simply cannot compete. Farewell Battlegrounds. It was fun - until everyone else showed up and the matching is too lopsided. The rewards are the absolute best in Battlegrounds but I cannot get out of Uru 3. The opponents in the gladiator track are too much.

Comments

• Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,143 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    Honestly it's better to at least reach uru III since you get guaranteed 10k trophies
    Besides there is less then 2 days before the season is over and the next is going to start more than a week later
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,588 ★★★★★

The meta is just too hard for me to even try it anymore. The matchups are 6*r4 or higher and I simply cannot compete. Farewell Battlegrounds. It was fun - until everyone else showed up and the matching is too lopsided. The rewards are the absolute best in Battlegrounds but I cannot get out of Uru 3. The opponents in the gladiator track are too much.

If it makes you feel any better I got a full deck of r4s and 1 r5 and still can't get out of uru 3 this season, I'm around 140 rating but in all seasons before this one (with them extra rewards) that rating would land you in/around gamma 3. Just more people playing this season, hopefully just because of those extra rewards 🤞
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Bye
  • Options
    hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Posts: 271 ★★

this season its been way harder to progress tiers. not because of the matchmaking or anything since even if u do get matched with a higher acc theres either a chance they mess their draw or play bad but because of the competitiveness. a few seasons ago 2 wins which is basically 30 points would get you to uru 2. this season you need 150 because of everyone grinding.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,076 ★★★★★
    July 4th did no favors lol ... you're talking about 6R4 ... how about you walk in my shoes a bit and tackle 7R2's with a sprinkle of 6R5's lol
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,191 ★★★★★
    Uru 3 is weirdly rough this season because of the solo milestones i guess
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Just be glad that Kabam gifted you all the VT rewards. Sounds like you don't belong in the GC.
  • Options
    most of the battle is done! getting to GC. Everything else is just a bonus :) Keep trying until you feel more comfortable.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 350 ★★★
    Climbing out of Uru was such a slog for me due to how many people there were in the field. I did one final match this morning to “hopefully” lock me in to Uru 1 rewards