**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

It WILL Be Done....Eventually

2»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,377 ★★★★★

Finally in Gold. Jesus sakes. This is painful. Lol.
    Also, Parry/Heavy isn't a thing now, apparently. They just Intercept automatically on my end.

It's called masteries
    Yes, the guys in my Ally have always razzed me. I need to redo them.

matchmaking is still garbage and lets lower players rise faster than they should. I hope that the new tiers will stall them enough that they have to start over again each season.

Good luck keeping the game mode going when they stop playing. You can't make it so hard that people give up completely. There is a limit. You also need the numbers for matchmaking purposes. Unless you feel like revisiting it months down the road with another SQ that tries to encourage people to play the mode.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

Also, Parry/Heavy isn't a thing now, apparently. They just Intercept automatically on my end.

It's called masteries

matchmaking is still garbage and lets lower players rise faster than they should. I hope that the new tiers will stall them enough that they have to start over again each season.

Good luck keeping the game mode going when they stop playing. You can't make it so hard that people give up completely. There is a limit. You also need the numbers for matchmaking purposes. Unless you feel like revisiting it months down the road with another SQ that tries to encourage people to play the mode.
    Considering that top players can't match lower players anyway, their quitting has no effect on end-game players.
  • Options

It's called masteries

Considering that top players can't match lower players anyway, their quitting has no effect on end-game players.
    So you think the game mode will continue without them? Good luck then.
  • Options

It's called masteries

Yes. BGs aren't for low-end players and with the new seeding, low players have no effect on endgames. They could lock it to Paragons only next season and it wouldn't change a thing for the top.
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 226 ★★★
    Currently in vibranium 3, really finding the changes to medals and extra ranks disheartening, and I just don't see seeding speeding this up in future. I'd rather have more lower ranks and no seeding than have extra vibraniums ranks which need 5 more wins than losses.

Seeding feels like will just bunch the best people together at the start so will be slow to climb still. Just feels geared more towards frustrating people so they feel victory shields are the only solution.

Pretty telling that mysterium isn't full up yet and nearly half way through the season.
  • Options

It's called masteries

Yes. BGs aren't for low-end players and with the new seeding, low players have no effect on endgames. They could lock it to Paragons only next season and it wouldn't change a thing for the top.
    Yes they are. That's what you keep missing.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 825 ★★★★
    edited August 2023
    _Pez_ said:

Currently in vibranium 3, really finding the changes to medals and extra ranks disheartening, and I just don't see seeding speeding this up in future. I'd rather have more lower ranks and no seeding than have extra vibraniums ranks which need 5 more wins than losses.

Seeding feels like will just bunch the best people together at the start so will be slow to climb still. Just feels geared more towards frustrating people so they feel victory shields are the only solution.

Pretty telling that mysterium isn't full up yet and nearly half way through the season.

Vibranium is tough right now. Lots of monster accounts in there. Just gotta keep trying. It's going to be much harder next season as we'll all begin in Plat.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Okay, I've had enough. I'm done trying. I'm not spending Refills and Units all over the place for this.
    I'm completely disappointed that the game mode was actually enjoyable for a couple Seasons. It was hard enough to get into the GC. Plat and up wasn't a cake walk. It allowed Players who put reasonable time and effort into it to progress.
    Now you have 10 Tiers with one Token per Win, starting at Gold 1 and up. I warned about this earlier. When you make it a game mode that caters to one demographic alone, you run the risk of people not caring. This is already starting to happen.
    There's so much poor sportsmanship and focus on what others are getting that the end result is a part of the game that was enjoyable and reasonably difficult, that turns into a miserable slog for anyone who isn't "the best of the best".
    I'm not the best by any means, but I'm also not new. I actually enjoyed the last couple Seasons because my effort was able to bring me to the GC. I wasn't handed anything easily. I put the effort into Match after Match to get myself there. I'm not spending 4 weeks doing the Bronze-Silver-Gold shuffle.
    It isn't just for one Season. It's only going to get worse. This Season there are more Tiers, less Tokens, and seeding next Season. So the theory is it will be easier next Season. This is folly. Anyone who advances next Season to Plat will be competing with all of the GC who are seeded there. There will be no advancement. The odd person maybe, but the rest will be doing cyclical Matches, unless they spend on Shields for every Match.
    I'm at the end of my patience with it and quite frankly, I'm disappointed it's gone this route. You can't alienate a majority in a game mode and expect them to continue playing it. If you want to make it for a select few, then don't make it open to everyone. I'm not a new Player, but I'm not the best. I sure as hell don't deserve to keep doing the 1-2-3 shuffle and be stuck in a loop, just to make the Top happy. I'm done trying in it. I'm actually quite literally sad about it. It's ruined the experience, and I have a feeling people will follow. Unless something changes, I'm done. It pisses me off to no end that this is always the outcome on here. "Make it harder, the best only, no one else deserves anything."
    Then they have the nerve to act like people want everything handed to them. The reality is they're the ones who want everything handed to them. Have at it. I'm done being monopolized for my time and effort. I'd rather enjoy my gaming experience than piss in the wind.

Don’t worry in couple of seasons they will change the tokens to 2-1 for platinum and maybe diamond tiers also, because of the huge participation drop.
    No one is going to use decades of overpriced and inefficient Victory Shields to enter GC.
    Bad thing is Kabam waiting for data to “speak”, instead of forecasting what any change they make will bring.
    I already gave up on my BGs effort at Platinum2, tired of going up and down to two medals expecting to get lucky on my third match with a weaker account (less r5s 😂) in order to advance to the next tier.
    I ain’t gonna suffer it for 9 tiers, and even more worse Vibranium tiers that need more than 3 consecutive wins 😠
    I’m going to get settled with my participation rewards (daily objectives), and use my time to grind arenas to gather units and get 10x the rewards I would have gotten from BGs 😂
    In a way I thank Kabam for make this decision easier 😉
  • Options

It's called masteries

Being allowed to participate doesn't make it for them.

How many Cavs are you respecting to finish top 8 in the tournament this season?
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 581 ★★★

It's called masteries

Terrible take. So by your logic BG should be geared ONLY to players with crazy stacked rosters and amazing skill?
  • Options

It's called masteries

So the only people who should be allowed to make it past Gold are the ones who will finish Top 8? That's quite a broken system.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 825 ★★★★
    Why do you feel you're entitled to make it to Vibranium and above?

Take a break, complete content to get better champs and become Paragon. That's the only way; progression, progression, progression.

While I agree that it's too arduous, there is no excuse for someone who's been around as long as you to not have a stronger account at the highest progression.
  • Options

Why do you feel you're entitled to make it to Vibranium and above?

Take a break, complete content to get better champs and become Paragon. That's the only way; progression, progression, progression.

While I agree that it's too arduous, there is no excuse for someone who's been around as long as you to not have a stronger account at the highest progression.

I don't feel entitled to anything. I'm disappointed with the changes, and I saw it coming. Hitting Paragon isn't going to change the state of BGs. I'm actually on 7.4 now, but that's besides the point.
    I care about the game mode. It was starting to make progress in accommodating a range of Players and still being a competitive mode. I warned what would happen if you push it too far to one side. I don't make those statements lightly. I'm not happy about making such assertions. I just see what I see.
    Introducing seeding would have been enough. I could understand one or two more Tiers. The end result of this has just created a trap for anyone who isn't the select few, and it's quite disheartening. It's a competition. That doesn't mean it has to be exclusive to the point that it sucks the drive for people to even make an effort.
    I never even made an attempt until 2 Seasons ago. Then I decided to push. First run I made GC by the end of the Season. Second Season I was there in 2 weeks. This setup has driven me to stop caring completely. That speaks to something.
    I love the game mode, but I'm quite frankly disappointed with the outcome. Kabam tries to accommodate to people, and I get that. Too many people complaining about lower Players having some success and this is what you have. An overly-restricted game mode that doesn't show any signs of getting better for anyone but those who have no issues.
    I worked my ass off to get to the GC. I wasn't handed easy Matches. Not to the extent that was exaggerated on here. I spent Units, tried over and over, used some Shields when I needed to increase my chances, and put in the work. I was happy to do it because it was engaging and just enough to feel accomplished when I did it.
    That process has been multiplied tenfold, and it's not necessary. When you have Players starting in Plat and up that ranked the highest, then on down, that's enough to offset it. This business about 10 Tiers of one Token per Win just cemented the fact that the only people (for the most part) who will make the GC are the ones who make it this Season and I'm not interested in chasing a losing game for the next two weeks.
    I appreciate the suggestion, and I have other things to do, but it shouldn't come to that. It's for more Players than just the ones with their eyes on what other people are getting. Sad, just sad.
  • Options

It's called masteries

So the only people who should be allowed to make it past Gold are the ones who will finish Top 8? That's quite a broken system.
    If you can't make it out of Gold then it's on you and not the game's fault. This is why I was so against them giving low players a free pass to the GC in past seasons. You all think that you're entitled to make it there season after season instead of actually earning it. Be happy that you got 9 seasons of undeserved rewards.
  • Options
    It's like you didn't even read a damn thing I said. Your view on this is elitist at best. I seem to remember people on the other end of the spectrum complaining they couldn't get out of Gold.
    My issue isn't getting out of Gold. I have no problems getting 3 Wins together if I want to. Go back and read what I said again because you seem to be pushing your own "only the highest Players deserve to be in BGs" narrative.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,760 ★★★★★
    BGs are, in my opinion, going to be screwy for a good while. The *seeding* system—which I doubt will get implemented anywhere near flawlessly—will create more but different issues.

Matchmaking is once again silly this season. What will make it even more silly is seeing low level accounts gifted up the ladder via seeding—who are probably going to be facing other low level accounts advanced via seeding. Cue up the hew and cry when/if those accounts face upper level competition sooner than they would under the old system.

Lengthening the stay at tiers? A big step backwards. Upslogging what already feels like a sloggy mode.

The allure is, as always, the BG store. Also, I suspect the BG store’s generosity is one of the hidden reasons the other stores haven’t seen much update.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    I'm sorry that low players have to actually work for their rewards this season. I feel really bad for them.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,646 ★★★★★
    I just hate how when I heard about seeding I was excited for this to be a little less grindy if you make GC, like a life/balance win. Just so demotivated knowing now that it will be just as grindy with the extra tiers and medals
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 226 ★★★
    I made it to GC today using only one victory shield In the end and placed straight into mysterium 3 with 0 points.

The GC should not be this empty at this stage of the season, scrapping seeding and returning to the last couple of seasons would be better.