Options

Hood v Claire. And annoying Mordo

Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
Yesterday i had the honour of collecting enough materials to finally R3 a 6 star mystic (insignificant to a lot many players who are already post Thronebreaker).
I was wondering if I give it the most vanilla but somewhat my go to mystic, Claire, or to someone like Hood who is extremely fun to play on offense. Claire got me through a lot with her triple immunities and death touch frenzy (but that's about it). But having been exposed to the gameplay of the likes of Tigra, i have really grown fond of the Hood.

The hood has a caveat though, his bullets get exhausted if you use them. And only the Moleman synergy helps. Plus, the way to regain bullets through nullification and invisibility is incredibly slow.
Someone please tell me, if there's any other way to regain his bullets. Because I'm terribly caught between Claire and Hood. PLEASE!

Coming to the annoying Mordo. HOW DO YOU SHUT THAT DUDE WITH HIS POWER GAINS DOWN? He never gives me a chance to intercept in this meta, and his power gain erupts oh-so-frequently during the fight. And don't tell me to porker-popper him, because that doesn't shut down his power gain, only punishes it. And you can't even parry-hit that guy. He makes me sad, everytime he come on screen.

PS: what is up with parry in-game? Has it just refused to work, or is it working as intended?

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,020 ★★★★★
    As someone who has plans to r5 my Mordo 6*, i cackle evilly 😏

Hood is better burst damage, Claire is better for sustain and utilities with her immunities. Cannot go wrong with either.
  • Options
    Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Posts: 462 ★★★
    Terra said:

Hood is better burst damage, Claire is better for sustain and utilities with her immunities. Cannot go wrong with either.

Absolute menace, that Mordo and you XD.

I really like hood, and I already have a 5 star maxed Claire. I just don't wanna regret my first mystic 6*R3. The bullet problem with Hood, is quite a serious one
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,020 ★★★★★

Terra said:

Absolute menace, that Mordo and you XD.

I really like hood, and I already have a 5 star maxed Claire. I just don't wanna regret my first mystic 6*R3. The bullet problem with Hood, is quite a serious one
    Go with Hood.
    You don't need another Claire.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,641 ★★★★★
    I can’t really tell you about hood because he never really interested me enough after the buff to play him (I know he’s not bad, there are just so many fun champs).

I can give Mordo advice though:
    - champs that punish buffs (so mostly mystics) can be solid against him. Thinking like Doom, Morningstar, Tigra, or those that proc nullify a lot, or even Mojo.
    - science champs with debuffs (especially wither and petrify) and the despair mastery can come in clutch
    - Champs that disregard evade like Moleman, or Knull on his M, can parry combo and disregard the evade and degen.
    - If he keeps being defensive, you can often just get close and heavy him. His AI changes to where he is much less likely to punish you while you charge it, so you can break the block, hit him, and turn the power gain off.
    - Alternatively, bring someone like iceman to tank the sp3 and don’t give two korgs about the power gain while you have ice armor.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★

- Alternatively, bring someone like iceman to tank the sp3 and don’t give two korgs about the power gain while you have ice armor.

Iceman also counters evade, right? Never really considered him for Mordo but he looks like a good choice.

Void is also good. He can stop the power gain and has really long heavy reach.
  • Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 753 ★★★
    I use Dr Doom for Mordo, his Shock+Heavy is a passive stun so you can hit Mordo and then if awakened you can steal the power gain for yourself
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    For mordo, if you like to parry-stun, use a champ that places an exhaustion debuff. Wags prefights also work for anyone. Also, when he has his power gain up, you can almost always heavy attack him without fear of getting hit. I didn't know that for the longest time fighting him and always tried to intercept him. Doom is great because you can heavy and place a stagger to reduce his power gain and then you get one. You can also wait until the last second to relapse you heavy whilst he's stunned and he won't astral evade.