**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Storm Special 2 Crazy Dmg?

chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
So I was just playing and I used my new 4* Nebula to fight a match with Storm. After the bonus adjustment Nebula was 1,958 and Storm was 1,673. I took almost no dmg when fighting her (Parry and Dex) and had her health down to 81 but then in my final blow she got off her Special 2 and killed me instantly.

So my question is... is this normal? Is her Special 2 supposed to be a one shot to Champs even higher rated then her? I could not believe it... I thought I had won for a moment until I saw my champ was the dead one. It was odd. Basically her SP2 had to do around 6,000 dmg... crazy.

Comments

• Options
    If she's duped and has a couple bars filled, it does crazy damage.
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Yes, this is why I have a 5 star rank 4 Storm. And if the SP2 doesn’t kill you, it will likely stun you and you’ll die anyway.

She’s an older champ but she’s one of the few that’s still relevant.
  • Options
    I cannot believe she can wipe a full bar of health off a champ rated a good deal higher then her... still seems odd but at least it is normal for the game.
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    My Storm can crit over 40K, no suicides.
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    My 4* 4/40 Storm can crit higher than 20k damage with her L2 in the right circumstances. So yes, it is normal.

Be very careful when fighting against her, one special can easily be your end.
  • Options
    Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    Mine does around 50k damage without suicide on lvl99. After that u have shock and stun so yes...she is pretty crazy
  • Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★
    Storm is a negative skill character that rewards being bad at the game and not baiting specials

These are the comments that get good champs like DS Nerfed, I now envision Storm instantly thrown onto the chopping block for a future update, and after the community outrage of 12.0 that got her special damage rebuffed so it worked with her signature better.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys and gals! Glad t know it was not a bug or something. Wasn't even an issue for me... I still beat the series but I just was curious.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Storm is a negative skill character that rewards being bad at the game and not baiting specials

What are you even talking about?
    That makes no sense, its the opposite, if you are facing her it teaches you to bait her l1 and stay back from her to avoid that harder to evade l2. If you are fighting with her she has a great l2 and she needs it, she has nothing else going for her, low armour, low health, no regen or immunities so she has a great l2 and as such is a good useable character

• Options
    I agree with most. She has nothing going for her except damage output. She is easily evadable on l1 and l2 so not great defense. If you get caught well you either have to practice more or your having a bad day. You take away her damage she will be useless and can sit with luke cage on the bench. She is just fine as is
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    5* r4 Storm. Close to 68k Sp2 damage on full suicides. One of my fav champs to use for AQ and Legend runs.
  • Options
    roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    chev327fox wrote: »
    So I was just playing and I used my new 4* Nebula to fight a match with Storm. After the bonus adjustment Nebula was 1,958 and Storm was 1,673. I took almost no dmg when fighting her (Parry and Dex) and had her health down to 81 but then in my final blow she got off her Special 2 and killed me instantly.

So my question is... is this normal? Is her Special 2 supposed to be a one shot to Champs even higher rated then her? I could not believe it... I thought I had won for a moment until I saw my champ was the dead one. It was odd. Basically her SP2 had to do around 6,000 dmg... crazy.

well, if you look closely at her signature description. i think it say something that the higher opponent's (or maybe just you) power bar is then the higher chance for storm to do crazy damage.
  • Options
    roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    EDIT: (or maybe just for you)*
  • Options
    SpinoSpino Posts: 241

Can you please swallow your tongue and remain silent forever ?
    How does she reward unskilled players more than any over slightly overpowered champion ?
  • Options
    2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    You must have had a couple bars of power when she launched her l2. It does crazy damage if you have a couple bars of power reserved. It's easy to evade though
  • Options
    Zoddymam wrote: »
    If you get caught well you either have to practice more or your having a bad day.

Well I am failry new, only been playing a couple months or so and just recently got Parry and Dexterity so am not super good at them yet (Parry I am pretty good as bu Dex is hard to remember to use).

But that was not really the issue here. It was one of those times where my character was already punching her to kill her (last hit needed) and she got off a cheap SP2 (I was punching into her while the SP2 was going off... kind of cheap IMO, not something i would avoid at that point but that has nothing to do with her special and more to do with the fact the AI will always be better then you when it wants to).