**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How bad is the new BG format? Season ends in half a week and Uru 2 is empty

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
The new vibranium levels are a miserable, unpleasant slog. Even with a 2/3 win rate, the odds are that you’ll have at least one stretch where you absolutely waste a half hour of time or more and either move backwards or make no progress.

Especially with the solo event rewards back to a 300,000 final milestone and solo rank rewards being largely insignificant, this season is a huge disappointment.

The only good thing that’ll come from it is the package of trophies I get for making vibranium when I advance in rank next season, assuming that functions correctly.

Is +2/-1 trophies too generous? Then go to +3/-2 and make it 7 trophies to advance. That allows a 3-1 record to advance (fair imo) and a 3-2 record to be at 6 trophies, with two shots to advance. Make it 8 or 9 if that’s too easy for you.

Playing the game should be rewarded. I’ve got platinum 3 alliance war rewards coming my way and the randomness of progression (whether that’s from matchmaking, the very occasional input issues, or whatever else) makes me want to just stop and do something else.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah. I don’t have any r3 in my deck and I’m largely up against my peers
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    I don't like it either, in addition they removed the two win bonuses and there was no reason too bad it was a good idea. If I don't say stupid next season we'll start higher
  • Options

DUHveed said:

It's terrible, the people who are already in GC will spam disagree regardless but to everyone else who isn't, to put things into perspective, Uru 3 and Uru 2 being empty means there are about 5k spots left in GC that have not been taken, that's just ridiculous lol does anyone have any idea how many Paragons are still stuck in Vibranium 3, 2 and 1? I just made it to Vibranium 2 and I haven't fought a single TB or Cav since I got to Diamond 1.

This was my experience as well. I’ve got a pretty decent (subjective word) roster consisting of about 7 r5s and getting out of Vibranium was a chore. I lost a few matches due to skill issue but there were quite a few that I was just simply outmatched, meaning I’d win 3, lose 2, win 1, lose 1 etc. I’d estimate it took me about 30 matches to finally get out of there

EDIT: Since finally getting to GC I’ve had a much better time. I’ve only done objectives resets and I’m undefeated
    I had to play 21 matches earlier today just to get to Vibranium 2, my elder marks are almost completely gone and honestly, I'm not gonna bother going for Vibranium 1 this has been annoying and not fun at all.
    The closer your win rate is to 50%, and the larger the medal requirement is, the harder it is to ever get out. With a 50% win rate and 3 medals, if you won a match, there was a 25% chance to go win-win after that and move. Shields could further assist. This is a mess
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 830 ★★★★
    The one positive is that if you can manage to squeeze into gc it’s way easier to hit gamma. Last season you needed 100+ to get out of uru3 and that also felt like a slog. So don’t give up!
  • Options

The one positive is that if you can manage to squeeze into gc it’s way easier to hit gamma. Last season you needed 100+ to get out of uru3 and that also felt like a slog. So don’t give up!

I just hit V2. That’s something. I guess if I can push through one more level then win a GC match I’ve got it.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,295 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

DUHveed said:

It's terrible, the people who are already in GC will spam disagree regardless but to everyone else who isn't, to put things into perspective, Uru 3 and Uru 2 being empty means there are about 5k spots left in GC that have not been taken, that's just ridiculous lol does anyone have any idea how many Paragons are still stuck in Vibranium 3, 2 and 1? I just made it to Vibranium 2 and I haven't fought a single TB or Cav since I got to Diamond 1.

This was my experience as well. I’ve got a pretty decent (subjective word) roster consisting of about 7 r5s and getting out of Vibranium was a chore. I lost a few matches due to skill issue but there were quite a few that I was just simply outmatched, meaning I’d win 3, lose 2, win 1, lose 1 etc. I’d estimate it took me about 30 matches to finally get out of there

EDIT: Since finally getting to GC I’ve had a much better time. I’ve only done objectives resets and I’m undefeated
    I had to play 21 matches earlier today just to get to Vibranium 2, my elder marks are almost completely gone and honestly, I'm not gonna bother going for Vibranium 1 this has been annoying and not fun at all.
    The closer your win rate is to 50%, and the larger the medal requirement is, the harder it is to ever get out. With a 50% win rate and 3 medals, if you won a match, there was a 25% chance to go win-win after that and move. Shields could further assist. This is a mess
    Yeah my win rate since I hit Diamond 1 has been about 60% but it's still not enough to get me into GC without using a bunch of shields so I'm just going to chill in Vibranium 2. Let's hope seeding system fixes this issue next season, this has been the worst BGs season for me so far.
  • Options
    I save my shields until I’m one medal away. Sigh.
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    The entire victory track should be based on a system where if you have a 50+% win rate, you can slowly grind your way into the GC. Wins should always net more tokens than losses, adjust the number of tokens needed per rank as see fit. The system currently feels awful as you can easily lose all progress you've made in those 5 token tiers.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,691 ★★★★
    I can get that they felt like too many people were in GC last season given the crazy scores needed to even get out of Uru 3, but in reality it was a predictable outcome of the increased scores and rewards they had implemented given the War hiatus. Clearly this change was far too much of an overcorrection. With any luck they will display some agility and correct back in the other direction next season.

For me it was much less enjoyable. I made it pretty comfortably into GC both of the last two seasons and had some time to generate some points. This season I just made Diamond 3 today.

Between the tier changes and the matchmaking changes its not a mode I’ll spend more time on until they correct it back.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,713 ★★★★★

You might be right or not, but its the way it is. Just because there are empty seats in 1st class doesn't mean someone can just walk and take a seat.
    There are less players in GC; but they all went thru the same process to get there.
    I will admit the changes to VT complicated things; but its also an outcome of 4th of July roster bumps. I still have my theory that they did this changes because they realized they made VT way too easy and too many people were able to get to some tiers way too easy. Specially the Vibranium changes.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

You might be right or not, but its the way it is. Just because there are empty seats in 1st class doesn't mean someone can just walk and take a seat.
    There are less players in GC; but they all went thru the same process to get there.
    I will admit the changes to VT complicated things; but its also an outcome of 4th of July roster bumps. I still have my theory that they did this changes because they realized they made VT way too easy and too many people were able to get to some tiers way too easy. Specially the Vibranium changes.
    Did they all go through the same process though?

I’m curious whether each GC player faced the highest available competition each time.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

I’m curious whether each GC player faced the highest available competition each time.

Dr. Zola
    They all had to win the same string of matches to move up, there used to be this theory that the last week was the easiest to climb up, not anymore though...
    Also i do believe this season is a bit harder due to the burn out of casual players from the last season event.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    They all had to win the same string of matches to move up, there used to be this theory that the last week was the easiest to climb up, not anymore though...
    Also i do believe this season is a bit harder due to the burn out of casual players from the last season event.
    I agree the team should have considered burnout from last season, as well as the differential in solo event prizes. A participation drop-off was inevitable.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    I agree the team should have considered burnout from last season, as well as the differential in solo event prizes. A participation drop-off was inevitable.

Dr. Zola
    I believe that added to the difficulty a lot, this season you have a lot of "try hards" and facing them from Plat and up is rough and then you add the Coin change and added tiers; but like i said before its a competition. Just because there are empty seats in 1st class (GC Uru for example) doesn't mean someone from coach can just seat on it. There is a process and all the people in GC had to go thru the same process of winning an x ammount of matches to climb.