**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

How bad is the new BG format? Season ends in half a week and Uru 2 is empty

13»

Comments

• Options
    WerriessWerriess Posts: 24
    DrZola said:

TyEdge said:

DrZola said:

TyEdge said:

There are players in uru2 with 0 GC score. The season ends in barely 48 hours.

You also have some amazingly skilled Sunmoners in Uru 2 like this:

Dr. Zola
    Wow. Presumably Thronebreaker and cleared abyss. We could use someone like that in my alliance.

🙄
    Here are a few more for you in GC:

Not all as skilled, obviously, but incredible perseverance to have climbed past much larger accounts.

Dr. Zola
    I am stuck in vibranium, first time that I wont make it to gc... and seeing this just makes me incredibly negative and frustrated.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    They made BGs harder so mid to low players couldn't waltz their way to the GC. I'm all for it.
  • Options

Greekhit said:

It's terrible, the people who are already in GC will spam disagree regardless but to everyone else who isn't, to put things into perspective, Uru 3 and Uru 2 being empty means there are about 5k spots left in GC that have not been taken, that's just ridiculous lol does anyone have any idea how many Paragons are still stuck in Vibranium 3, 2 and 1? I just made it to Vibranium 2 and I haven't fought a single TB or Cav since I got to Diamond 1.

I’m going to grab my popcorn and wait for these people that are already at lower GC to fight each other on upcoming seasons for a spot there.
    If things don’t change participation drop, weaker players will step out, competition will get stiffer from lower BGs levels, and those who are now at the lower tiers of GC will find themselves out soon, and then instead of bragging and adding nothing to the conversation by telling others to get good, they will come in forums complaining.
    Then the others above them and the story goes on.
    It usually takes few months for Kabam to evaluate the data and proceed to changes.
    I hope this time their reflexes are faster, because the mode is currently not in a good state.
    After a good season, Kabam somehow decided it’s time to take some steps back and bring the mode nearly to it’s original despised state.
    Me too, can't wait for those complaints to come in when they have to fight five Beroman level players in a row and win to move up since most of us will be leagues below them or just not bothering with BGs in the first place. It's wild to me that there are 5 000 spots that haven't been taken in GC and there are people out there who can't or refuse to see that that is an issue.
    What you don't understand is that the top players have been playing the top players from Bronze 3 to Plat 3 every season already. Starting them all in Plat 1 now isn't going to hurt us. Plus the top of the top will be in the GC in a matter of hours anyway so no big deal.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023

They made BGs harder so mid to low players couldn't waltz their way to the GC. I'm all for it.

You're all for tiers in GC being empty? Clearly they want to make it harder and that isn't necessarily a bad thing but they've turned that dial to 10 when in reality a 6 would have done.

And I refuse to believe this is as intended, why would they make/design all them tiers if their intention wasn't for players to be in them
  • Options
    Mackey said:

You're all for tiers in GC being empty? Clearly they want to make it harder and that isn't necessarily a bad thing but they've turned that dial to 10 when in reality a 6 would have done.

And I refuse to believe this is as intended, why would they make/design all them tiers if their intention wasn't for players to be in them
    Yes.

This is the first time with the new format for seeding. As the seasons progress, so will the players' still/rosters, and more and more players will make it to the GC. The season to establish the seeding was always going to be the toughest.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 822 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

TyEdge said:

DrZola said:

TyEdge said:

There are players in uru2 with 0 GC score. The season ends in barely 48 hours.

You also have some amazingly skilled Sunmoners in Uru 2 like this:

Dr. Zola
    Wow. Presumably Thronebreaker and cleared abyss. We could use someone like that in my alliance.

🙄
    Here are a few more for you in GC:

Not all as skilled, obviously, but incredible perseverance to have climbed past much larger accounts.

Dr. Zola
    Kabam can't seem to figure out that this sort of thing kills competitive modes.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,740 ★★★★★

Cf: screenshots of mid to low players in GC in above post. Just a cursory search and sample yielded those nuggets.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Cf: screenshots of mid to low players in GC in above post. Just a cursory search and sample yielded those nuggets.

Dr. Zola
    Then you should have had no problem getting to the circuit.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023

Mackey said:

Yes.

This is the first time with the new format for seeding. As the seasons progress, so will the players' still/rosters, and more and more players will make it to the GC. The season to establish the seeding was always going to be the toughest.
    I don't see it panning out that way at all, I see it getting harder and harder as each season goes on, yes you start higher but them you're facing all the top Bois right from plat 1 or whatever it is, couple in the extra tiers and them requiring 5 wins per tier and on average people will either leave their push till the last week which will make zero difference to vast majority of players (as in it'll be a slog with everyone stuck in Vibranium, as is now) or some won't even bother with the mode. Either way, it's not good for the mode
  • Options
    Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Yes.

I don't see it panning out that way at all, I see it getting harder and harder as each season goes on, yes you start higher but them you're facing all the top Bois right from plat 1 or whatever it is, couple in the extra tiers and them requiring 5 wins per tier and on average people will either leave their push till the last week which will make zero difference to vast majority of players (as in it'll be a slog with everyone stuck in Vibranium, as is now) or some won't even bother with the mode. Either way, it's not good for the mode
    Again, the top has been playing the top starting in Bronze 3 for 10 seasons now.
  • Options

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Yes.

Again, the top has been playing the top starting in Bronze 3 for 10 seasons now.
    To be perfectly honest, top players dont care who they play. Personally, as my main, i dont either. I've never had issues any season so far.
  • Options
    Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 289 ★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    It seems you're quite new to trolling.
    You don't say outright stupid stuff, you wrap it in a fancy box and then say it. Then when people argue, bring up the box and not the contents.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★
    edited September 2023

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    lol

Woosh
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Hilarious. I’m pretty sure you know accounts that size never see accounts like yours or mine.

I’ve played BGs the least this season I’ve ever played, primarily because of time constraints. That’s bound to happen to most players sooner or later.

My issue isn’t with where I am currently but rather with what I consider poor structural decisions by the team and chest-thumpers who brag about how only the most skilled make it while they disparage other players.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Hilarious. I’m pretty sure you know accounts that size never see accounts like yours or mine.

I’ve played BGs the least this season I’ve ever played, primarily because of time constraints. That’s bound to happen to most players sooner or later.

My issue isn’t with where I am currently but rather with what I consider poor structural decisions by the team and chest-thumpers who brag about how only the most skilled make it while they disparage other players.

Dr. Zola
    Matchmaking has always been garbage and low players will sneak through because Kabam chooses to give them Plat 2. I really don't get dwelling on a few small accounts out of thousands getting through. They aren't stopping you from making it, only your skills and roster are.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Matchmaking has always been garbage and low players will sneak through because Kabam chooses to give them Plat 2. I really don't get dwelling on a few small accounts out of thousands getting through. They aren't stopping you from making it, only your skills and roster are.
    Time, my friend. Time. That’s the one thing I have precious little of right now, if by “your” you mean me specifically.

And a nine out of forty sample suggests more than a “few.”

Dr. Zola
  • Options

Mackey said:

Mackey said:

Yes.

This is 100% factually correct. And while I would never claim to be the *top*, I neither get nor expect BG handouts.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    GolivarezGolivarez Posts: 154 ★★
    Kabam will see this post and do nothing to help the players from losing progress in vibranium to 100 point losses what a joke every at the company is.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,372 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Isn’t that the argument GroundedWisdom was making with you for past few seasons? And yoh kept saying that somehow lower accounts were spoiling the fun for you. Now the shoe is on the other foot and you are saying that it’s skill and roster that are holding others back?
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,483 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Isn’t that the argument GroundedWisdom was making with you for past few seasons? And yoh kept saying that somehow lower accounts were spoiling the fun for you. Now the shoe is on the other foot and you are saying that it’s skill and roster that are holding others back?
    Errr no, how can someone you will never face spoil the fun for you?
    This is not about fun, its about rewards.
    See here is the main problem, you want to complain about the changes in VT being "grindy" its a fair valid point, yeah the road to GC got longer.
    What is totally invalid is saying "the road to GC is hard", everyone has to string the same ammount of matches to move up, facing opponents in this weird matchmaking system.
    The ammount of tiers and matches increased making it tedious maybe, the difficulty stayed the same, anyone with a 2:1 win-loss ratio can still brute force into GC
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    lol, when did I say that low accounts were spoiling the fun? I argued that the matchmaking was unfair for higher accounts but it didn't personally stop me from reaching the GC as I'm a skilled player. Many other Paragons, however, did get stuck in Silver or Gold which I'm sure spoiled their fun.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★
    First of all, they still are. The new system has made it worse.
    Secondly, it's hypocritical to say it's a problem on one end and the other doesn't matter.
  • Options
    Wrong. A system that promotes lower players above higher players is a problem. A system that promotes stronger players above weaker players is correct.