Ascension: So, you thought going with Magik/Quake was boring...

2»

Comments

• Mohammad07Mohammad07 Member Posts: 183 ★★
    Jefechuta said:

The best Ghost Rider is not even in the game

Whom are you talking about?
  • Dex_ParringtonDex_Parrington Member Posts: 15
    I went ham, (not spider) and ascended my sig 200 5* Nick Fury. Been hunting him as a 6* for a year or two but no luck. Want to use Fury for a ton of content but I duped my 5* Fury after hitting TB so he stayed at R4 until yesterday. I have buyers remorse looking at my Quake unascended now. But for the next ascension- I also have my trusty sig 200 Nimrod (he’s literally the only 5* I still use on monthly basis for TB content and more). With no 6* Nimrod or a tech/generic gem in sight, he’s pulling ahead of quake. But with Quake locked in the 5* world it would be a shame not to use her. Nimrod just pairs so nicely with my OS and his SP2 hoses so many health pools with that synergy.
  • coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Member Posts: 322 ★★★
    Would’ve gone with spider ham but I’ve yet to get his 5*. He’ll be my first ascended 6* though and I might ascend the 4* just for fun. Went with juggs cause I’ve yet to get his 6* and he’ll be useful in carinas
  • ZavmanZavman Member Posts: 32
    Matty_Ice said:

Zavman said:

@Kabam Jax could you please confirm - i am hearing things from alliance members and on Reddit forums that if you ascend say a 5* R4 before taking them to 5* R5, their increase from ascension would be less than if you rank them first?

I find this hard to believe as i would expect the increase value from ascension to be added to their base stats not a 1 time modification...so regardless of whether they are R4 or R5, it will increase by the same %, so if they are at R4 their base stats will go up 20%...then when ranked to R5, their base stats will still increase by 20%?

I’m 100% sure you can’t Ascend champions unless they are max rank and level so ascending a 5* Rank 4 is not possible.
    False. Any rank can be ascended.
    Why is that even an option to ascend a champ not fully leveled up?! Thats stupid!
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Member Posts: 990 ★★★★
    I took JJ and magik
  • Spidermanz1987Spidermanz1987 Member Posts: 11
    Zavman said:

Matty_Ice said:

Zavman said:

@Kabam Jax could you please confirm - i am hearing things from alliance members and on Reddit forums that if you ascend say a 5* R4 before taking them to 5* R5, their increase from ascension would be less than if you rank them first?

I find this hard to believe as i would expect the increase value from ascension to be added to their base stats not a 1 time modification...so regardless of whether they are R4 or R5, it will increase by the same %, so if they are at R4 their base stats will go up 20%...then when ranked to R5, their base stats will still increase by 20%?

I’m 100% sure you can’t Ascend champions unless they are max rank and level so ascending a 5* Rank 4 is not possible.
    Why is that even an option to ascend a champ not fully leveled up?! Thats stupid!
    Not sure but on the website where it explains ascension Kabam do state you can Ascend a champ at any rank and any level...but they do not mention anything about losing potential if you ascend them any earlier than rank 5 level 65 so i assume it is false...but you never know
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I ascended my 5-Star Weapon X!

I am happy with my choice. Felt like it would be unlikely to get a 6-Star any time soon, and he's a wicked defender that clutches me a lot of wins! Plus, he's basically wearing shorts.

I'm pleased.

Rank who you like!

Like Cape Quests, we should have Shorts Quest with Shorts crystals. It can go like Defeat gladiator with champions wearing shorts. It can be #KabamJaxShortsChallenge as well.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★
    I still don't have a 6* Omega Red, so I chose him first. Same goes for Scorpion, so I guess he will be my second.

Depending on availability, I would love to ascend 5* OG Thor and classic Scarlet Witch, both sig 200 already/
  • bhuv9191bhuv9191 Member Posts: 282 ★★
    I did 5* HitMonkey and results are insane.

Damage is very high and M-L-M (thrice) easily taking down 40-50K health opponents!!!

Very happy and 100% feeling righteous of the decision!
  • WonderWanderWonderWander Member Posts: 80
    Mr Cheese here
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    Zavman said:

Matty_Ice said:

Zavman said:

A lot of players in game don’t have resources to R5 a champ. Let’s say you want to ascend Herc, but you got a tech gem 4-5 gem from EOP and have Herc at R4 waiting to get the cats you need to R5 him, but you have the dust to ascend him. Why should you not be able to ascend him right away and have to let the dust sit until you are able to eventually R5 and ascend him?
  • GasHaulerGasHauler Member Posts: 185 ★★
    I went with 5* Jessica Jones! 🥰
  • o_oo_o Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

Kabam Jax said:

I ascended my 5-Star Weapon X!

I am happy with my choice. Felt like it would be unlikely to get a 6-Star any time soon, and he's a wicked defender that clutches me a lot of wins! Plus, he's basically wearing shorts.

I'm pleased.

Rank who you like!

Like Cape Quests, we should have Shorts Quest with Shorts crystals. It can go like Defeat gladiator with champions wearing shorts. It can be #KabamJaxShortsChallenge as well.
    Champions in the Shorts crystal: America Chavez, Beast, Hulk, Hulk (Immortal), Jubilee, Red Hulk, Sauron, Squirrel Girl (i think she's wearing a one-piece though?), Viv Vision, Weapon X

Might need to broaden it to add champs in short shorts / loincloths: Abomination, Angela, Dragon Man, Magik, Mangog