Options

New Ironman in War: Bug, bad interaction or champion not as useful as thought.

It is said that the classic ironman armors cannot be removed by nullification
So why does the buffet node cancel them and give the rival regeneration?
Champions like Galan, Vivision, Omega Sentinel and others immune to nullify the node does not affect them despite activating the advantages just like the ironman.

Beginning of the fight, Ironman begins with his armor, and Bishop activates the node despite not overriding him.

combo 20, ironman gains his armor, and again without nullifying it, the bishop gains his unblockable and regeneration perks

Maybe it was done that way on purpose, because if that's how it should work, it's not as useful as many of us believed.
PD: Obviously I lost the fight, I didn't lose any of his health, because everything was healed with the regeneration. And if he didn't die from playing badly, he would still lose it due to time.

Comments

• Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    JeJean said:

It is said that the classic ironman armors cannot be removed by nullification
    So why does the buffet node cancel them and give the rival regeneration?
    Champions like Galan, Vivision, Omega Sentinel and others immune to nullify the node does not affect them despite activating the advantages just like the ironman.

Beginning of the fight, Ironman begins with his armor, and Bishop activates the node despite not overriding him.

combo 20, ironman gains his armor, and again without nullifying it, the bishop gains his unblockable and regeneration perks

Maybe it was done that way on purpose, because if that's how it should work, it's not as useful as many of us believed.
    PD: Obviously I lost the fight, I didn't lose any of his health, because everything was healed with the regeneration. And if he didn't die from playing badly, he would still lose it due to time.

This isn't the first instance of this to pop up.

We've seen it with buff immune champs on buffet (for example). Or Spidey 2099 vs Longshot, Spidey still gets incinerated when dexing Longshot after a SP2 during fate seal.

Not sure if it's a bug or an intended interaction, but I agree that if a champ is either buff immune or nullify immune, they shouldn't trigger "nullify triggered buff" effects.
  • Options
    GasHaulerGasHauler Posts: 175

Are you sure Bishop wasn’t just gaining regen from holding block for 0.5 seconds and converting a prowess?
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,710 ★★★★★
    Buffet sorta ignores immunity as angela with odin pre fights gets stripped off also
  • Options
    JeJeanJeJean Posts: 16
    GasHauler said:

Are you sure Bishop wasn’t just gaining regen from holding block for 0.5 seconds and converting a prowess?

If I'm sure, look at the images, there is none that keeps the block when winning the unblockable and regeneration look at the last image, how can I take the special attack and maintain the block at the same time to win the unblockable
  • Options
    JeJeanJeJean Posts: 16
    Bendy said:

Buffet sorta ignores immunity as angela with odin pre fights gets stripped off also

And how do you explain that if you hit it with omega sentinel, mole, and other immunes, the node does not activate when activating their respective advantages?
  • Options
    hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Posts: 271 ★★
    edited September 2023
    GasHauler said:

It definitely wasn't because the buffet timer was right next to it.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,878 ★★★★★

"Cannot be removed by Nullify effects" does not equate to "Immune to nullify."

His armors will still trigger buffet / Power snack / etc, but they won't be removed from the effect.

Damn, well thats a slap in the face to his utility. He’d essentially face the consequences cosmics have against mystics and be punished by defenders or nodes for having his buffs. At least with Shuri, this isn’t the case. They could’ve made his kit similar or something. His regen can just get nullified too
  • Options
    Polygon said:

His armors will still trigger buffet / Power snack / etc, but they won't be removed from the effect.

Damn, well thats a slap in the face to his utility. He’d essentially face the consequences cosmics have against mystics and be punished by defenders or nodes for having his buffs. At least with Shuri, this isn’t the case. They could’ve made his kit similar or something. His regen can just get nullified too
    His Regen is passive, so it can't get nullified.

Mystic Defender Kits won't hurt him much, it's mostly only an issue for him on Buffet / Power Snack / etc.

He was meant to be a damage powerhouse, not so much a utility queen like Shuri... although after her buff, she kinda ended up being both haha
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,200 ★★★★★

I often miss such distinctions in ability and node descriptions, until it is too late.