**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I think I may have thrown some Glory in the garbage accidentally

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★
There are often many objectives to claim in this game.. and this month is no exception. I'll be the first one to admit there's so many of them I don't look closely at each one when I claim it, especially as it pops up while mid quest.. Well, pretty sure I lost some Glory (and possibly t1 dust - not sure yet)

Because, if we attempt to claim Glory beyond cap from stash rewards (AQ cycle rewards) there is a warning that pops up and notifies you and you can back out.. this warning doesn't exist for claiming objectives afaik?

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,167 ★★★★★
    I was afraid that might happen so used up a lot of glory before the event started
  • Options
    Ok, I wasn't sure about the dust because I just saw I was exactly at the cap and stopped myself in time before claiming that objective.. just in case it wasn't a stash-able item, wasn't sure..thanks
    The Glory, I'm sure I did lose though unfortunately.. until I noticed what was happening
  • Options

I was afraid that might happen so used up a lot of glory before the event started

That's good, I'm glad you were able to catch it
    I'm curious if Kabam agrees that maybe they should have implemented a warning system on Objectives as they did with claiming Glory from stash (or any item that can actually just go into the trash/is capped/not able to store in stash)
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,551 ★★★★★
    Yep same here, think I've lost 2k in total but is what it is 😂
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    What the Glory cap?
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

What the Glory cap?

• Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    Yupp, lost almost 2000 glory.

Claimed the objective
    Saw 15000 Glory inventory
    Knew i messed Up 😔

Btw, is there a reason glorystore didnt reset at aq settingphase?
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 661 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Pikolu said:

You can't waste the dust unless it expires in your stash. The glory however I did wish warned you if you were going over the cap.

Is there a particular reason for why they still have this cap in glory? Especially since they don't go to the overflow....i feel like it's to force people to spend a lot more in one single item just so they don't reach the cap (but that's just how i see, since i don't know the actual reason)
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    Cassy said:

Btw, is there a reason glorystore didnt reset at aq settingphase?

It used to align with 8 day AQ cycle.
    In November AQ update is coming.
    7 day cycle 4 Day AQ.
    Both will allign with that update
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    The dicey part is the Glory from the gifting crystals. I made a lil space and still wasted some when I opened four crystals and got lil more than expected.
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Yep. Just wasted glory because of the gifting crystals. You can't give us crystals with random chances of glory when we have such a low limit forcing us to buy things we don't want or spend way more on something than we care to. I won't buy more than two or three of something tops. And it's only more than two if I'm in an immediate need because of the escalating prices.

These things need to be thought through. Now I won't open another gift crystal until the reset.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,988 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    I got a warning saying use your glory in the store when i was claiming one of the enlistment objectives. Maybe it doesn't show up for everyone. Here's a screenshot. It has a don't ever show this again checkbox too so maybe alot of us got this at one point and hit the checkbox? No idea, it's really weird because I wasnt approaching the cap with that reward claim

EDIT: just realized it says trophy tokens instead of glory. That's really funny lmao
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

I got a warning saying use your glory in the store when i was claiming one of the enlistment objectives. Maybe it doesn't show up for everyone. Here's a screenshot. It has a don't ever show this again checkbox too so maybe alot of us got this at one point and hit the checkbox? No idea, it's really weird because I wasnt approaching the cap with that reward claim

EDIT: just realized it says trophy tokens instead of glory. That's really funny lmao

Yeah, I saw one of these too.. and also noticed the typo.. and it popped up way later on, like after I've already capped, lost Glory and then cleared more room.. 😂
    Nothing popped up when I actually needed it to prior to that one surfacing later on
  • Options
    crogs said:

Yep. Just wasted glory because of the gifting crystals. You can't give us crystals with random chances of glory when we have such a low limit forcing us to buy things we don't want or spend way more on something than we care to. I won't buy more than two or three of something tops. And it's only more than two if I'm in an immediate need because of the escalating prices.

These things need to be thought through. Now I won't open another gift crystal until the reset.

Yes, and the problem is that the reason for players sometimes coasting near the cap is the escalating cost per item system that they intentionally implemented. Spending more Glory at any given time means you are paying higher prices, so our conservative approach to using our Glory is a result of how they made the store work to begin with.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Honestly, the escalating cost system feels bad in other areas too.. Loyalty, AQ tickets, etc.
    Imo, the point of having a selectable reward to begin with is that you can select what you need for your account.. the escalating cost in the Glory store, combined with the cap really works against this and often folks are buying things they don't really need in order to comply.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    It may not pop up from the crystals because there's no option to not receive the rewards once you've opened the crystal so this message would be useless. We're not claiming Glory, we're opening a crystal and the Glory is just going to our stash.

Not any better, still an issue that should be addressed. Hopefully by increasing our Glory cap to no limit... but that's likely why this warning isn't popping up.

Side-note, I wish there were a way to turn these messages back on once ignored. Some people have said they've accidentally hit that box.
  • Options

It may not pop up from the crystals because there's no option to not receive the rewards once you've opened the crystal so this message would be useless. We're not claiming Glory, we're opening a crystal and the Glory is just going to our stash.

Not any better, still an issue that should be addressed. Hopefully by increasing our Glory cap to no limit... but that's likely why this warning isn't popping up.

Side-note, I wish there were a way to turn these messages back on once ignored. Some people have said they've accidentally hit that box.

Agree, but there is also no warning when claiming an objective that contains Glory.. the crystals are an additional way we can lose Glory
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited September 2023

crogs said:

Yes, and the problem is that the reason for players sometimes coasting near the cap is the escalating cost per item system that they intentionally implemented. Spending more Glory at any given time means you are paying higher prices, so our conservative approach to using our Glory is a result of how they made the store work to begin with.
    Except some are never near the cap, like myself. I'm never over 6-7k. Never even knew there was a cap until this event. So if you're going to introduce an event that can easily put you way way over the cap, you think they'd do something to prevent this from happening. You shouldn't have to force spend for things you don't need which is what it forces you to do.

I was actually only around 3-4k at the time. Never even gave a cap a second thought since I was never anywhere close to it. You buy 1 or 2 shards of t3a and t6b every reset on top of some t5b and t2a, it's kind of impossible to reach the cap. At least for the glory we get.

It should at least hit the stash with a timer. Ow I'm waiting for the reset, and I have to micromanage these stupid gift crystals on the random chance I get more glory.

So great and wonderful the cap was introduced for hoarder reasons, but when you're not hoarding it and run into a cap issue because of an event, then the event and cap is a problem. Not something you need to defend kabam about.

And honestly... Being conservative in their glory spend is a kabam issue, not a player issue. Players are managing their resources properly and not overpaying for something they don't need. But they most likely will if they are close to forming that final cat.

So overpay for grossly overpriced advanced cats. Pay for cats I have sitting in my stash already with more in my stash than what's in my inventory.

Are there limits on other currency? Battlechips, loyalty, incursion whatever... So why here? If you want to create an artificial limit then don't have an escalating cost scale.

And this is coming from someone who has no cap issue under normal circumstances. And this isn't a normal circumstance.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,988 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Yeah, I saw one of these too.. and also noticed the typo.. and it popped up way later on, like after I've already capped, lost Glory and then cleared more room.. 😂
    Nothing popped up when I actually needed it to prior to that one surfacing later on
    Yeah it's really weird. I never saw one of these until this enlistment event. It seems like there's no criteria for when this pops up for players. I think they should adjust this so it pops up every time any of your currency would pass the cap. They should also fix the typo even though it's really funny lol. I didn't even notice it at first. It took me until after i posted my comment to realize that it said trophy tokens lol