**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I just lost a BG match when my opponent forfeited?

Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
I won round one. Finished round two but my opponent forfeited, the history has this marked as a loss for me and removed progress?

Comments

• Options
    ZavmanZavman Posts: 32
    I swear the same thing just happened to me and it counted as a loss. Im so sick of the damn bugs in this game. We need compensated. This is bs.
  • Options
    How do you see that it is your opponent that has Forfeited ?

Most likely, the Forfeit shown on screen is the system thinking YOU had forfeited (because of the too-often out-of-sync finishing of fights).
    You see on your device that you finished the 2nd fight, but the connection with the servers glitches out and the system thinks you have crashed/force-closed/other. The Forfeit refers to your side, not your opponent.
  • Options

How do you see that it is your opponent that has Forfeited ?

Most likely, the Forfeit shown on screen is the system thinking YOU had forfeited (because of the too-often out-of-sync finishing of fights).
    You see on your device that you finished the 2nd fight, but the connection with the servers glitches out and the system thinks you have crashed/force-closed/other. The Forfeit refers to your side, not your opponent.

I'm assuming they forfeited. They either forfeited or disconnected because I finished my round two match, but then instead of going to the lobby it went to the screen where it typically shows you the result of the previous match (because it's bugged). So they either forfeited or disconnected while I was fighting.
  • Options

Point is that the system thinks that YOU had disconnected/forfeited, even though game played thru for you to the end of that fight on your device. It's been a common problem.

My bad, misunderstood what you were saying, sorry.
    I put in a support ticket, hope it gets resolved. I'm not really looking for anything, it's the difference of progressing from Plat 1 to Diamond 4 one match earlier than I otherwise did, I just want to pass the information along so they can hopefully track the issue better.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    Might be a disconnection, same happened to me..
    Came put of a match into a Match result screen, and 20 secs after it showed I lost as if I forgeit the match
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★

Point is that the system thinks that YOU had disconnected/forfeited, even though game played thru for you to the end of that fight on your device. It's been a common problem.

This isn’t true, because it would say forfeited in the match history
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 112 ★★
    Did you check the match history? If someone forfeits or is disconnected, sometime the system will display the red loser screen even if you won (and vice versa). But the history is always correct, in my experience.
  • Options

Did you check the match history? If someone forfeits or is disconnected, sometime the system will display the red loser screen even if you won (and vice versa). But the history is always correct, in my experience.

That has been my experience, but that picture I included is from the match history.

It registered this as a loss for me and it cost me my progress.

I was at 1 victory going into this fight. I won round won, completed round two but when my fight ended it did the glitch screen showing me the result of my previous opponent. But then the history registered this as a loss. This fight should have given me my second point, and the next would have put me in Diamond, but instead this counted as a loss and removed the victory point.