**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Once Again BG… But even earlier

13»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,359 ★★★★★
    *For point of reference, it's become a bit off-topic. I'm not necessarily saying the OP is right or wrong. In fact, I advocated for that mediation starting out, and eventually the Matches will become harder. My points are towards the idea that the system is perfect as it is now.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,320 ★★★★★

Again, you keep directing this at me as if I'm personally offended by it. I don't care what your judgments are about me, my skill, or my frustrations with the last Season. My issue isn't just me. (Low-key I don't know how many times I can say that before it registers.)
    Saying it's the same for everyone doesn't change the issue, it just exacerbates the problem. You have a range of Players at all different levels, and you're justifying the same expectations for them. If that makes sense to you, then your reference towards me being Karl Marx is a bit teapot/kettle.
    Regardless, we can go around in circles until our fingers fall off, but it's still going to be a problem. The system is overtuned, and ove time it's going to run many people playing it into the ground. You act as if the issue is people don't like losing. Most people can accept a Loss. Some can't, sure. What people can't accept is a tango system that only allows a select few to progress over time.
    I'm really tired of the same arguments so wait and see. That's all I can say.

Jeez did that touch a nerve? I called you that cause you called me Darwin rofl.
    All your arguments have more holes than a piece of gruyere cheese.
    Starting from the current system makes people fight from GC on lower tiers, we are fighting each other from Plat1 and above.
    Ending with the token system, specially if someone said they got to Plat2 on day 1.
    The current system should have been used since season 2, really glad on how it turn up after 10 seasons in the competitive point of view. Lets the casual get some rewards and lets the competitive ones start from a competitive spot.
  • Options
    The current system only works for a fraction of Players. So we can agree to disagree.
  • Options

The current system only works for a fraction of Players. So we can agree to disagree.

I will give you a very very thin support to your argument, not that you really care; but there is a huge hole on this system
    The fact that they made objectives to get a new exciting rank up mat tied to BG doesnt make it any better for lower accounts. Monster accounts that were never interested in BGs are starting at Bronze just for the sole purpose of finishing the objective and wrecking people. Maybe it was not the best time to introduce seeding.
  • Options
    My issue is with the recent changes of Tokens and the added Tiers. Well, aside from the AI being insane, but that's not really a deliberate change to the best of my knowledge.
    Seeding would have done what it was meant to without last Season's additions, in that capacity anyway.
    You have compounding levels of difficulty, and it just makes it tedious and draining. Which is the heart of the problem. When you tune it to challenge only the best, you end up with something people can't grow into over time.
    This happened with Act 6. A number of people thought it was watered down unnecessarily, but it was necessary.
    Here we have the same thing, but in competition form. The issues I've presented have been misconstrued, but my goal isn't some cake walk. It's a competition. I get that. One that occurs over time, which Players can grow into with consistent effort. That's what I'm after. Same thing people are claiming this is.
    Only this isn't it. I honestly feel like Helen Keller sometimes trying to explain things, but I'll keep saying it until it's noticed.
  • Options

My issue is with the recent changes of Tokens and the added Tiers. Well, aside from the AI being insane, but that's not really a deliberate change to the best of my knowledge.
    Seeding would have done what it was meant to without last Season's additions, in that capacity anyway.
    You have compounding levels of difficulty, and it just makes it tedious and draining. Which is the heart of the problem. When you tune it to challenge only the best, you end up with something people can't grow into over time.
    This happened with Act 6. A number of people thought it was watered down unnecessarily, but it was necessary.
    Here we have the same thing, but in competition form. The issues I've presented have been misconstrued, but my goal isn't some cake walk. It's a competition. I get that. One that occurs over time, which Players can grow into with consistent effort. That's what I'm after. Same thing people are claiming this is.
    Only this isn't it. I honestly feel like Helen Keller sometimes trying to explain things, but I'll keep saying it until it's noticed.

My main issue with your point if view is that a competition is not the place to grow. It is my point of view; but everything else is where you grow in strength and skill and then the competition is where you test yourself. Its just becomes plain annoying when you see UCs saying how am i supposed to win, well you are not.
  • Options
    Wfox12345Wfox12345 Posts: 28

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

You do have almost four weeks to win 10 matches.

Not that simple I’m afraid
    How is it not lmao
    4 weeks of beating your head against a wall isn't exactly simple.
    BGs is designed to deter players from beating their head against the wall. Play other modes, progress your roster, hit it again and you will make so much more progress than spending that time queueing and requeueing matches you already know you're going to lose
    So your answer to people having issues with the setup is to play something else.
    Groundbreaking.
    Literally yes. There's not a single mode in mcoc designed to allow players to play only that mode and make meaningful progress. If you can't get that, it's not wonder you're not getting anywhere.
    Ah, yes. There's the quintessential personal shot.

It's the same dismissive arguments surrounding these discussions. Get better....play something else....it's a competition....people want easy Rewards....this is how it should be....you've been given a free ride....
    The list goes on and on.
    It's dismissive to you because you're being told you won't get exactly what you want. If you want to play a game mode where you will continue to make progress no matter what by just playing over and over again, stop playing competitive modes. BGs is designed to cap you out at a certain point. If you're upset with how low your cap is, the only way to change that is by getting better and building your roster. If you don't want to do either of those things, you will not progress.
    The wild point about this whole thread I’ve made is how none of y’all dismissing the problems actually seemingly read what I’ve put. For the final time, I don’t want your ranked rewards, I don’t want to take your hard earned rank up currency and stuff. Y’all sweatheads can have that. I want to be able to get the rewards that 1. Aren’t competitive to others (meaning me getting them doesn’t affect anyone else) and 2. Be able to play a fun game mode for fun. Hence why I’ve said multiple times to either make a casual BG game mode that doesn’t contribute to ranked ladder, or fix the matchmaking. But because I know fixing the matchmaking will make y’all no life paragons salty about people having fun in the game, casual queueing needs to happen. Swear y’all mcoc players are so dense sometimes.
  • Options
    Wfox12345 said:

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    BGs is designed to deter players from beating their head against the wall. Play other modes, progress your roster, hit it again and you will make so much more progress than spending that time queueing and requeueing matches you already know you're going to lose
    So your answer to people having issues with the setup is to play something else.
    Groundbreaking.
    Literally yes. There's not a single mode in mcoc designed to allow players to play only that mode and make meaningful progress. If you can't get that, it's not wonder you're not getting anywhere.

It's the same dismissive arguments surrounding these discussions. Get better....play something else....it's a competition....people want easy Rewards....this is how it should be....you've been given a free ride....
    The list goes on and on.
    It's dismissive to you because you're being told you won't get exactly what you want. If you want to play a game mode where you will continue to make progress no matter what by just playing over and over again, stop playing competitive modes. BGs is designed to cap you out at a certain point. If you're upset with how low your cap is, the only way to change that is by getting better and building your roster. If you don't want to do either of those things, you will not progress.
    The wild point about this whole thread I’ve made is how none of y’all dismissing the problems actually seemingly read what I’ve put. For the final time, I don’t want your ranked rewards, I don’t want to take your hard earned rank up currency and stuff. Y’all sweatheads can have that. I want to be able to get the rewards that 1. Aren’t competitive to others (meaning me getting them doesn’t affect anyone else) and 2. Be able to play a fun game mode for fun. Hence why I’ve said multiple times to either make a casual BG game mode that doesn’t contribute to ranked ladder, or fix the matchmaking. But because I know fixing the matchmaking will make y’all no life paragons salty about people having fun in the game, casual queueing needs to happen. Swear y’all mcoc players are so dense sometimes.
    No life says the guy who grinded a set of objectives on day 1
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    Wfox12345 said:

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    Groundbreaking.

The list goes on and on.
    The wild point about this whole thread I’ve made is how none of y’all dismissing the problems actually seemingly read what I’ve put. For the final time, I don’t want your ranked rewards, I don’t want to take your hard earned rank up currency and stuff. Y’all sweatheads can have that.
    Literally none of my comments were meant for you, I'm not sure why you're taking such an aggressive stance against me. I'm in full support of some sort of casual queue, assuming Kabam can balance any side effects that stem from it.
  • Options

My main issue with your point if view is that a competition is not the place to grow. It is my point of view; but everything else is where you grow in strength and skill and then the competition is where you test yourself. Its just becomes plain annoying when you see UCs saying how am i supposed to win, well you are not.
    That's not true. This is a place to grow, and grow into. Kabam has set that precedent with the Rewards structure. It's the largest source of Rewards on a monthly basis. Which means what's earned is used to advance Rosters overall, just like any other aspect of the game.
    I'm not sure what your fundamental idea of a competition is, but when you have an ongoing competition that occurs every month in Seasons, Players need to be able to progress and grow into it. It's not an end-user source for the entire game, but it still needs to be something people can get better at over time.
    The current structure makes it a goal that keeps growing at an unreasonable rate over time. Simply put, it's too much. Too much expectation, too much of a boundary, too much of a separation, too much of a wall.
    Put it this way. It's one thing if you're talking about true Player vs. Player. Then it's really skill vs. skill.
    You have layer upon layer of magnified testing markers in this setup and it's a mountain, not a mole hill.
    You have Champs that are increased when you place them in Defense. Everything is stronger. Fair enough. Then you have differences in Ranks and Rarities. Another layer.
    You have AI that's (and I'm sorry, but it is) on overdrive. Then you have a time limit. Another layer.
    You have scoring that rewards Health remaining over taking the Boss down first. Another layer still. Sorry if you disagree, but the scoring is a tight mess.
    Then you have Matches that place Players who vastly differ in Roster and skill. Another layer yet. Not to mention everyone and their dog running Alts who play with near perfection on multiple Accounts, which isn't a true match to be honest.
    Add the extra Tiers and Token expectations. That's yet another layer.
    To top it all off, you have a system of seeding which for all intents and purposes is meant to help Players not have to climb every Season and to alleviate the Matches in lower Tiers. Which sounds good on paper, but all it does is create a free-for-all among the best at the start of every Season, providing they played the previous. Nevermind the ones who decided to start late or didn't play that Season before. Those are outliers so I'll overlook that. The main issue with that is, the higher you go, the more Rewards you get. So those Players at the top will get stronger Season after Season, and the rest won't be able to progress up to being on par. Ever. It's a perpetual motion machine. That's the final layer I'm talking about.
    Most of that is just part of a competition, no question. When you overdo it, you stop others from being able to get anywhere over time. All the advancing in other areas of the game isn't going to help. We're not just talking about UCs. We're talking about Paragons all the way down. Save for the people who have staked their place every Season.
    This is why I'm concerned. Too much is too much, and it's not for the betterment of anyone besides the Players who have no issue to start with. Trust me, people will stop playing in BGs once they realize the effects of this.
  • Options
    There's a fine line between face it and f*** it. This is it.
  • Options

That's not true. This is a place to grow, and grow into. Kabam has set that precedent with the Rewards structure. It's the largest source of Rewards on a monthly basis. Which means what's earned is used to advance Rosters overall, just like any other aspect of the game.
    I'm not sure what your fundamental idea of a competition is, but when you have an ongoing competition that occurs every month in Seasons, Players need to be able to progress and grow into it. It's not an end-user source for the entire game, but it still needs to be something people can get better at over time.
    The current structure makes it a goal that keeps growing at an unreasonable rate over time. Simply put, it's too much. Too much expectation, too much of a boundary, too much of a separation, too much of a wall.
    Put it this way. It's one thing if you're talking about true Player vs. Player. Then it's really skill vs. skill.
    You have layer upon layer of magnified testing markers in this setup and it's a mountain, not a mole hill.
    You have Champs that are increased when you place them in Defense. Everything is stronger. Fair enough. Then you have differences in Ranks and Rarities. Another layer.
    You have AI that's (and I'm sorry, but it is) on overdrive. Then you have a time limit. Another layer.
    You have scoring that rewards Health remaining over taking the Boss down first. Another layer still. Sorry if you disagree, but the scoring is a tight mess.
    Then you have Matches that place Players who vastly differ in Roster and skill. Another layer yet. Not to mention everyone and their dog running Alts who play with near perfection on multiple Accounts, which isn't a true match to be honest.
    To top it all off, you have a system of seeding which for all intents and purposes is meant to help Players not have to climb every Season and to alleviate the Matches in lower Tiers. Which sounds good on paper, but all it does is create a free-for-all among the best at the start of every Season, providing they played the previous. Nevermind the ones who decided to start late or didn't play that Season before. Those are outliers so I'll overlook that. The main issue with that is, the higher you go, the more Rewards you get. So those Players at the top will get stronger Season after Season, and the rest won't be able to progress up to being on par. Ever. It's a perpetual motion machine. That's the final layer I'm talking about.
    Most of that is just part of a competition, no question. When you overdo it, you stop others from being able to get anywhere over time. All the advancing in other areas of the game isn't going to help. We're not just talking about UCs. We're talking about Paragons all the way down. Save for the people who have staked their place every Season.
    This is why I'm concerned. Too much is too much, and it's not for the betterment of anyone besides the Players who have no issue to start with. Trust me, people will stop playing in BGs once they realize the effects of this.
    Everything you described in so much detail actually supports more my comment.
    Skill, strength, knowledge that the player needs to be succesful in BGs, and you made the mistake of putting it as "growth", growth by rewards is not strength. You can get 12 champs in 1 season and got no idea how to use them.
    The AI, the node, the meta, the time constraint, the scoring are all obstructions that are learned. They are mostly combinations of nodes from chap 7 and 8. You name a node and some players know exactly how it works, others read it and get it, others need to die to understand it.
    You can get an r5 Hercules from BG rewards, do your EQ monthly, clear acts and all SQ, but if u don't know how to use the infuriate to your favor and intercept to build up feasts, you are not gonna finish an fight as fast as someone who does.
    Train for a competition, not enter a competition to learn to train and then complain about not being able to compete.

• Options

Everything you described in so much detail actually supports more my comment.
    Skill, strength, knowledge that the player needs to be succesful in BGs, and you made the mistake of putting it as "growth", growth by rewards is not strength. You can get 12 champs in 1 season and got no idea how to use them.
    The AI, the node, the meta, the time constraint, the scoring are all obstructions that are learned. They are mostly combinations of nodes from chap 7 and 8. You name a node and some players know exactly how it works, others read it and get it, others need to die to understand it.
    You can get an r5 Hercules from BG rewards, do your EQ monthly, clear acts and all SQ, but if u don't know how to use the infuriate to your favor and intercept to build up feasts, you are not gonna finish an fight as fast as someone who does.
    Train for a competition, not enter a competition to learn to train and then complain about not being able to compete.

You're not listening to what I'm saying.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Also, you can't get an R5 Herc in BGs without learning how to use said Champs. You don't have access to T6CC Mats without hitting Paragon.
    I didn't say BGs was the be-all-end-all of playing the game. I said it's tuned into something people won't grow and advance in over time. Within the competition, there needs to be potential to keep trying and get better over time. How much better depends on Roster, skill, individual pace, etc. Yes, those things come from other areas, but they also come from continuing to play BGs.
    If you take the desire to keep trying because the ratio of Wins isn't reasonable, and you make it an ever-increasing goal Season after Season as I outlined, that is not possible.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 714 ★★★★
    Wfox12345 said:

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    Groundbreaking.

The list goes on and on.
    Since this is the first season with starting seeding, trends may change, but generally the first week is one of the hardest to progress but weeks 2 and 3 are a bit easier. You have all month to get the wins needed for the 20 dust, so don't rush or worry. Play a match here and there to gauge the current level of difficulty and start pushing when it's easier
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Wfox12345 said:

How is it not lmao
    Groundbreaking.
    Exactly. If you're not good enough for BGS, then improve your roster and skill. It's really not that hard of a concept GW.
  • Options

I can relate. Match after match, matching players with no less than two 7* R2s. Catching nothing but L's. It is what it is :(

Again, they made it too easy to progress last season, so you're stuck now. All those players who've beat you should be higher than you so they deserved to win.
  • Options

I could say the same about Matches that are certain death. That's a fixed Match.

That's random matchmaking, its RNG; but yeah for the sake of your argument matchmaking shelter up to Plat doesn't skew the game. Tanking matches on the other hand it does. Makes total sense.
    Yes, you're absolutely right. Let the top Accounts peck everyone off in Bronze. That's a much better system. Honestly, the arrogance.
    The top accounts literally can't fight in Bronze anymore. What are you even talking about?
  • Options
    LeanbisonLeanbison Posts: 130 ★★
    I think none of us enjoy getting beat up in bg’s. However complaning that you couldn’t win 30 matches in 48 hours doesn’t make any sense. There is a whole month to do the objectives. You win 10 matches in a season just from guys who lose on purpose to get 48 hour objectives.
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 275 ★★★
    Would you rather start getting those players in Bronze 3 already? That's the entire reason they implemented the seeding system. I highly doubt they made the system expecting a player to blitz through bronze to platnium in a matter of 2 days since season started as well...
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,806 ★★★★★
    I started BG's by spending all the currency on 6* shards, then I decided that I needed stronger champs to be competitive in BG's so I focussed on R4 materials. Now, I'm chasing rank 5's because I don't need 30 R4's.

As for how "hard" things are, it's as hard as you make it for yourself. Forward planning is a thing.
  • Options
    _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 273 ★★

I can relate. Match after match, matching players with no less than two 7* R2s. Catching nothing but L's. It is what it is :(

Again, they made it too easy to progress last season, so you're stuck now. All those players who've beat you should be higher than you so they deserved to win.
    Don't know how or why you assumed that I was insinuating that no one deserved to win. Like I said, it is what it is... meaning the system is working as intended. It just needed a little adjustment from my side.
    The only humorous part is matching a couple of these guys again several rounds later and seeing that they are struggling as I am. It's cold comfort but comfort none the less.
  • Options
    arifin74arifin74 Posts: 113
    Well, the matchmaking is fine.

What you are actually asking for is a power/progression-based bracket system (though maybe not progression, as there will be complaints again due to players having stacked rosters with the same progression). This has nothing to do with the current matchmaking system. I don't think a bracket system will be liked much by many.

The current tier (for example, Plat 1) is based on consecutive wins, regardless of power/roster level. This gets better in this season with seeding, as higher-tier players have already moved on to higher tiers from the start. You will be matched with people in the current pool, as matchmaking tries to get you somewhat similar matches. Sorry that seeding took away your easy wins in the lower tiers.

I like the current system, though. Things kept moving. I lost 10 matches in a row, then gave it a break for a day, came back again, and got 5 wins. I started with Silver 1, and now I'm at Gold 1 with the last 2 matches to go for the last dust objective.