Is act 6 going to stop being bad?

So about a month ago act 4 and 5 were revamped (i think) and that turned the very annoying act 5 into something that is now more enjoyable (didn't really mind act 4 tbh)

Now, is there any chance that the same is going to happen to act 6?
I think that for LONG and i mean LONG time Act 6 has been the worst act in history mode, and i also think that plenty of people can agree, even if it's not for a game design perspective, at least for the enjoyment of it i guess.

Maybe changing some nodes, maybe changing the fact that the enemies since 6.1.1 are literally the same in power as the final boss of act 5, maybe stop asking for so much character variety, or plenty of other things.

i do know that there was a rebalance but there's still so much wrong with act 6 as a whole

but what do yall think.

Comments

• flapjaxflapjax Member Posts: 285 ★★★
    Over time they'll likely go back and revamp all story content. When Act 9 or 10 are a thing it's going to be extremely daunting for a new player to feel like they can catch up so streamlining earlier Act content that's no longer relevant will probably happen.
  • Blackjack555yyBlackjack555yy Member Posts: 56
    edited September 2023

but what do yall think.

Without being disrespectful, My personal thoughts are exactly opposite of your thoughts.
    I'll hear you out

All this act nerfing is making y'all soft. Can't handle any kind of a challenge

I didn't expect this one this early but git gudding isn't really the point here

also it's not like MCOC is the hardest game ever, there's plenty of more challenging things out there

it’s already easier than it used to be- any further change would be a disservice to the content

I disagre tbh, no one misses classes restriction from act 5, no one will miss no retreat, or super long tedious fights
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Why are we suddenly having all of these nerf act 6 threads?

But yes No Retreat was a BS cash grab. Hated that.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,543 ★★★★★

it’s already easier than it used to be- any further change would be a disservice to the content

Act 6 was a disservice to the game. It emphasised planning over playing.

I didn't expect this one this early but git gudding isn't really the point here

also it's not like MCOC is the hardest game ever, there's plenty of more challenging things out there
    Yet here you are, asking for another nerf of an act that's already been nerfed more than once. Gitting gud is exactly the point
    But it isn't
    1st maybe if i was talking about dark soul it'd be 2nd maybe if i was saying it was too hard it would be

Mainly as for difficulty yes it does not make sense that the enemies are at the same level as the last final boss, especially considering the progression that a story mode in a game should have, but that's just one of the things i said and this also applies to making the fight tedious

As for nodes they're the main problem, i mentioned no retreat and that's literally the point, it's bad, maybe not hard, but it makes no sense to get punished for something so common as dodging, and you end up with a double punishment if you block too much, or if you dodge too much. nodes do get better after, but end up being fight "elongators" for already large fight instead of something fun.

Then it's variety and this one is self explanatory imo

As for last i mentioned act 5 and classes restrictions, they were not hard, but having just 50% of atack for all classes but one was not good

btw sorry if this comes off as rude
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,405 Guardian
    As of right now, act 6 does not need a change. Sooner or later, players will need to start building essential skill and knowledge if they wish to persist later in the game. Things like AW, BGs, and Incursions will become 500 times more frustrating to players if they could steamroller everything up through act 6. Also kabam isn't changing that grandmaster fight, so if you don't have the basic skills of the game down by then, you'll have a worse time fighting grandmaster than trying to fight Sans.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Member Posts: 1,993 ★★★★

I disagre tbh, no one misses classes restriction from act 5, no one will miss no retreat, or super long tedious fights
    by long and tedious fights do you mean players going through Act 5 with ascended 5*s and even some 6* R3s? This might be dumb asf when I wake up tomorrow morning but I think acts 4 and 5 should be buffed to make it harder so "the worst act", so people wouldn't be baffled when their champion pi's aren't close to the defenders :D
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 588 ★★★
    Me as a f2p paragon say.......nah
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,095 ★★★★★

So about a month ago act 4 and 5 were revamped (i think) and that turned the very annoying act 5 into something that is now more enjoyable (didn't really mind act 4 tbh)

I think that for LONG and i mean LONG time Act 6 has been the worst act in history mode, and i also think that plenty of people can agree, even if it's not for a game design perspective, at least for the enjoyment of it i guess.

Maybe changing some nodes, maybe changing the fact that the enemies since 6.1.1 are literally the same in power as the final boss of act 5, maybe stop asking for so much character variety, or plenty of other things.

i do know that there was a rebalance but there's still so much wrong with act 6 as a whole

but what do yall think.

What's next? "KABAM !!! Why Kang have three life, it's so stupid man, He just evades everything, I can't hit him and he takes no damage 90% of time, please nerf act-7."

Pikolu said:

As of right now, act 6 does not need a change. Sooner or later, players will need to start building essential skill and knowledge if they wish to persist later in the game. Things like AW, BGs, and Incursions will become 500 times more frustrating to players if they could steamroller everything up through act 6. Also kabam isn't changing that grandmaster fight, so if you don't have the basic skills of the game down by then, you'll have a worse time fighting grandmaster than trying to fight Sans.

You mean the things that are already frustating?
    like the matchmaking in bg pairing you with accounts double your size? or whales being able to grow their rosters at 3 times the speed of f2p accounts? incursions and AW aren't even that bad compared to that.

and 1 i didn't complain about the grandmaster fight 2 Yeah same happens if you fight sans without knowing anything 3 at least you can't brute force through undertale the same way as you'd do here

by long and tedious fights do you mean players going through Act 5 with ascended 5*s and even some 6* R3s? This might be dumb asf when I wake up tomorrow morning but I think acts 4 and 5 should be buffed to make it harder so "the worst act", so people wouldn't be baffled when their champion pi's aren't close to the defenders :D
    By long tedious fight i mean long tedious fight, there's not really some hidden message behind it beyond what it literally means
    PT_99 said:

but what do yall think.

What's next? "KABAM !!! Why Kang have three life, it's so stupid man, He just evades everything, I can't hit him and he takes no damage 90% of time, please nerf act-7."

What's next, are you telling me that people can criticize a game in different ways without everyone agreeing and it may be right or wrong? is it possible that people may not like the design of something? is it possible that something may be badly (or well) designed?

So what's your point actually, anything you wanna say apart from that or can i just ignore it knowing there's nothing of value in it?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,958 ★★★★★
    Act 6 has already been nerfed far harder than it ever should have, causing players to get through it significantly easier than before and then whine about how challenge content is too hard, because they never developed the skills or patience necessary to deal with them through Act 6's "long tedious difficult fights", which are easier now than ever. People like this are the reason story content will never again be so difficult and satisfying to complete as it was with act 6 pre-nerf.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,397 ★★★★★

My man chose to speak facts !

That's because of act nerfing that we see people always complaining on the forum, nerf this nerf that, it's too hard...
    Act 6 was too hard for when it was released, I agree. Now everyone can have access to a diverse roster to tackle it.
    So face the steep wall if you want to call it that way, but you'll thank kabam later for developing your skills that will forever be useful.
    Maat1985 said:

i knew this would happen. they have made early game so easy up till act 6 people don't develop enough skills.
    by the time you get to act 6 your roster is already well stacked compared to what we had when it first came out.
    and act 6 has already been nerfed multiple times.
    i hate to say its just a case of GIT GUD. but it really is.
    you gotta learn how to counter these things.
    prior to act 6 you have the tools now to just easy steamroll all content with no thought and no planing and not learnign anywhere near what is needed about choosing right counters, and how to get around certain abilities.

i am seeing questions from players these days who are cav that are really basic questrions that they should already know the answer to. things like passive abilities v debuffs, and complaints where thay are stuck on a particular fight cus they can't get past when it really just is a case of read the node better, understand the node better and choose a better counter.

so instead of asking for a nerf how about you ask the advice as to what champs you should use for the fights you are stuck on and what playstyle you maybe should use in those fights.
    and sometimes yes you may need to slow down on progression whilst you wait to get and rank the counter you need as we all did at some point.
    thats a bigger problem now with how quick people get to act 6 when you have not got a roster depth to handle it. you have had a couple OP champs steamrolling all earlier content but thats not what is needed for act 6. some specific counters and thought is what is needed.

1st Mind you but i've been playing the game for a couple years now, i dont have a problem with knowing what a passive a buff or a debuff are, and overall i doubt it's true that a cavalier player has asked that, especially when there's a literal fight that's a full nonsensical mess that's based on buffs just before that tittle.

2nd So you mean something i said already? also choose one, git gud and pick a counter do not exist in the same situation, it's either one or the other, so a skill issue or a counter issue?

3rd I know which champs i have and i don't have to use, i know how to read, but again that's one of the points i mentioned, same as in act 5 some things get narrowed a little too much, which is why there's no sense in saying "some specific counters" and then saying that it's a skill issue, because those specific counters are that, counters, not made for it to be super skilled, they're made to make that easier. I could steamroll a full route with biohazard if i had a full roster with characters with inmunity to that (or ghost), and it would be infinitely easier than if i didn't, so pick one.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Act 6 has already been nerfed 3 times. 3?! It doesn't need anymore nerfs. I've already done all the way through 8.2 without exploring mind you, and I have a vast amount of r3 and r4s now. I went back to act 6 this past week to start exploring just because, and it is incredibly easy. Just buckle down, learn the nodes and good counters and take your time. Story content isn't going anywhere.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,367 ★★★★

Maat1985 said:

i knew this would happen. they have made early game so easy up till act 6 people don't develop enough skills.
    by the time you get to act 6 your roster is already well stacked compared to what we had when it first came out.
    prior to act 6 you have the tools now to just easy steamroll all content with no thought and no planing and not learnign anywhere near what is needed about choosing right counters, and how to get around certain abilities.

i am seeing questions from players these days who are cav that are really basic questrions that they should already know the answer to. things like passive abilities v debuffs, and complaints where thay are stuck on a particular fight cus they can't get past when it really just is a case of read the node better, understand the node better and choose a better counter.

so instead of asking for a nerf how about you ask the advice as to what champs you should use for the fights you are stuck on and what playstyle you maybe should use in those fights.
    and sometimes yes you may need to slow down on progression whilst you wait to get and rank the counter you need as we all did at some point.
    thats a bigger problem now with how quick people get to act 6 when you have not got a roster depth to handle it. you have had a couple OP champs steamrolling all earlier content but thats not what is needed for act 6. some specific counters and thought is what is needed.

1st Mind you but i've been playing the game for a couple years now, i dont have a problem with knowing what a passive a buff or a debuff are, and overall i doubt it's true that a cavalier player has asked that, especially when there's a literal fight that's a full nonsensical mess that's based on buffs just before that tittle.

2nd So you mean something i said already? also choose one, git gud and pick a counter do not exist in the same situation, it's either one or the other, so a skill issue or a counter issue?

3rd I know which champs i have and i don't have to use, i know how to read, but again that's one of the points i mentioned, same as in act 5 some things get narrowed a little too much, which is why there's no sense in saying "some specific counters" and then saying that it's a skill issue, because those specific counters are that, counters, not made for it to be super skilled, they're made to make that easier. I could steamroll a full route with biohazard if i had a full roster with characters with inmunity to that (or ghost), and it would be infinitely easier than if i didn't, so pick one.
    firstly.
    you type your thoughts and opinions and literally ask for what others think. i am just giving that.

secondly at no point was a talking about you specifically, we are talking about a situation as a whole.

thirdly a counter exists for every situation. as proven by the miriad of people that have gone before.
    if you don't have that counter, then that just goes back to my point of not yet having the roster development and needing to slow down and develop the roster.

also note this thread posted just today or the other day.
    whilst i do not know the exact position of this player and their account their forum history indicates they have been playing the game since 2019, they have a previous post about liking the TB EQ nodes (indicating they are thronebreaker) yet here they are asking exactly about debuff immune and pasives and debuffs.
    just one example.

your experience is not the only experience.
    and you make a thread literally asking for peoples thoughts you cannot then take replies as personal attacks on you.

there are many facets to the game.
    some is playing skill,
    some is knowledge,
    some is roster development.
    all need to be present and reach a certain point.
    you may fail at one of these or all of these for certain content.
    but whichever it is needs to be improved rather than asking for nerfs as all content prior to act 7 has already been nerfed and there are far more options available now making it doable by anyone.
    just gotta fill in whatever ingredient you are missing.

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

firstly.
    you type your thoughts and opinions and literally ask for what others think. i am just giving that.

secondly at no point was a talking about you specifically, we are talking about a situation as a whole.

thirdly a counter exists for every situation. as proven by the miriad of people that have gone before.
    if you don't have that counter, then that just goes back to my point of not yet having the roster development and needing to slow down and develop the roster.

whilst i do not know the exact position of this player and their account their forum history indicates they have been playing the game since 2019, they have a previous post about liking the TB EQ nodes (indicating they are thronebreaker) yet here they are asking exactly about debuff immune and pasives and debuffs.
    just one example.

and you make a thread literally asking for peoples thoughts you cannot then take replies as personal attacks on you.

some is playing skill,
    some is knowledge,
    but whichever it is needs to be improved rather than asking for nerfs as all content prior to act 7 has already been nerfed and there are far more options available now making it doable by anyone.

1 I made the thread because i wanted to see what people thought of it now that i was actually completing it, and beyond some cases, i've basically seen a reskinned comment over and over

2 and 3 okay you're right on that

4 if i came off as rude i'm sorry but by this point i'm not the one who started it, most of the replies can be classified in two and only one is useful, and the other just varies between rude to missing the point, but ok

5 Guess i'll just agree to disagree i don't consider the need for sidelining the main content for so long as good, and i also don't think that act 6 is good considering how sidelined it already is and how bloated it is.

but yeah okay
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,278 ★★★★★
    Long and tedious fights? Act 6 healthpools arent even that large wtf lol
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,367 ★★★★

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

firstly.

just one example.

some is playing skill,
    some is knowledge,

5 Guess i'll just agree to disagree i don't consider the need for sidelining the main content for so long as good, and i also don't think that act 6 is good considering how sidelined it already is and how bloated it is.

but yeah okay
    well i would not say act 6 is good, but i also see it as a necessary evil.

i think by going through the bad that is act 6 forces us to both develop our rosters and our skills.
    there are things in later game that we are able to do easier thanks to the things act 6 taught us.

if you do not learn certain things due to travelling through act 6 then you are only going to have the same issue later on.
    act 7 and act 8 are easier and more fun and enjoyable than act 6 was.
    but if we were not forced to go through act 6 and learn what we do from act 6 then we would be having many issues in act 7 and act 8.
    sometimes the learning and the training is harder and less fun.
    same can be said for real life. most of us (not all) don't enjoy school and study, but there are things in life we know and can do thanks to having gone through it.