**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Locked defenders in AW even though not enlisted in off season

My defenders are locked in AW even though we are not enlisted during off season. I cannot use any of my assigned defenders in AQ even though we are not in a war. I assume this is a bug… that is to say, this is not intended?

Comments

• Options
    It may not be the ultimate desired goal (at least, hopefully not), but it is the way it is working currently.

Whether you are currently in a war or not (for most people, that leaves only the 1 day between Sun-Tues war and Wed-Fri war), your persistent defenders are considered in use because they are “persistent”, even during that 24 hrs in between 1 weeks set of 3 wars and the next weeks.

So evidently, turning OFF your Ally’s enlistment (so, skipping wars, like in off-season) would still lock out your persistent defenders (persistent, for whenever your Ally does elect to run a war, so in mean time they are still considered a “defender”).
  • Options
    InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 314 ★★

It may not be the ultimate desired goal (at least, hopefully not), but it is the way it is working currently.

Whether you are currently in a war or not (for most people, that leaves only the 1 day between Sun-Tues war and Wed-Fri war), your persistent defenders are considered in use because they are “persistent”, even during that 24 hrs in between 1 weeks set of 3 wars and the next weeks.

So evidently, turning OFF your Ally’s enlistment (so, skipping wars, like in off-season) would still lock out your persistent defenders (persistent, for whenever your Ally does elect to run a war, so in mean time they are still considered a “defender”).

:lol:
  • Options
    CarwishCarwish Posts: 51
    So for all intents, your defenders are permanently tied up in war. That is Garbage, and worst than the previous setup.
  • Options
    In off season to have defenders tied up even though they ar3 doing nothing.
  • Options
    I would love to receive input on that from someone at Kabam. @Kabam Miike was this intended?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Carwish said:

In off season to have defenders tied up even though they ar3 doing nothing.

You can swap defenders anytime you want when Attack isn't happening.... I'm not sure why you'd think PERSISTANT PLACEMENT would mean anything else.
  • Options
    I would expect that persistent placement applies PURLY to AW, but since it affects other modes, then it should certainly at least be shut off when not enrolled in AW. From a programming end, that is just sloppy, and should be easy to fix/implement. After posting this I have found a couple of other threads bringing up the same issue, but none with a response from Kabam. It wasn’t always easy to realize it was the same concern because the headings were incorrectly worded.
  • Options
    As a temporary solution I substituted my defenders with their 3* equivalents.
  • Options
    At the starting of last alliance war season I substituted one defender with another. Still first champion is signed in an alliance war placement phase. So I can’t use him in alliance quest.
  • Options
    sherin_66sherin_66 Posts: 251 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    Yeah I noticed that too. My abs man is stuck in AW for no reason