It's Possible Red Skull Becomes a Gigachad Overnight

ORHypeBuffedORHypeBuffed Member Posts: 25
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
If the rework of champs are justly done, the significant efforts of the community will be impacted positively.

From string bean to Stacy's man...in Red Skull we trust.
Everyone can win and benefit from the potential Giga Skull buff.

Comments

• ThePharcideThePharcide Member Posts: 211 ★★★
    He is getting a buff?
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Just, manage expectations.

This is a buff, not a complete rework.
    He's not being given the Iron Man treatment. It won't be a whole new kit and he won't feel like a completely new Champion.

We should set expectations a lot closer to him falling between what Thor (Jane Foster) and Spider-Man's buffs were than to what Magneto became. I'm not expecting him to end up like OG Hulk. Thor (Jane Foster) I feel was the most underwhelming result of a character being buffed. I use Red Skull about as much as I use her (almost exclusively in arenas) so if he ends up like her: Hey, he was buffed, cool.

My expectations were managed, I'm not disappointed. If he turns out like Hulk? Pleasantly surprised and completely unexpected.

But if I start out expecting Hulk? I'm setting myself up for failure.
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,396 ★★★
    I already hate fighting him. Hope he gets a buff anyway.
  • FantomaxopFantomaxop Member Posts: 134 ★★

Just, manage expectations.

This is a buff, not a complete rework.
    He's not being given the Iron Man treatment. It won't be a whole new kit and he won't feel like a completely new Champion.

We should set expectations a lot closer to him falling between what Thor (Jane Foster) and Spider-Man's buffs were than to what Magneto became. I'm not expecting him to end up like OG Hulk. Thor (Jane Foster) I feel was the most underwhelming result of a character being buffed. I use Red Skull about as much as I use her (almost exclusively in arenas) so if he ends up like her: Hey, he was buffed, cool.

My expectations were managed, I'm not disappointed. If he turns out like Hulk? Pleasantly surprised and completely unexpected.

But if I start out expecting Hulk? I'm setting myself up for failure.

We don't need insane power house champions as result of each buff, but i don't think we should expect each one to be underwhelming. Personally i just want for every champion to have a place in this game and in people's collection's as something more than "arena soldier".
    Personally, i think the buff would go a long way if he got some quality of life changes and some ways to increase all of dmg from number or armor ups. He already has interesting mechanic: awakened he gets a good chunk of power gain while charging heavy. Why not play with it? Give him some unstoppables on heavy, maybe phase or some sort of safety to be able to charge it without worry of getting 5 hit combo to the face. Turn it into playstyle, make his utilites easier to apply in real bg fight, and give him respectable dmg atleast in short matchups. Done
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★

If the rework of champs are justly done, the significant efforts of the community will be impacted positively.

From string bean to Stacy's man...in Red Skull we trust.
    Everyone can win and benefit from the potential Giga Skull buff.

What??