Options

Is there a future for ftp summoners anymore?

13»

Comments

• Options

And while your “Over 95% of everyone who has ever downloaded and played this game paid exactly zero dollars to play it” line should be changed to 100% and it does have some degree of truth to it, it is also stands to truth that while everyone came to this game for free, those who did stay did spend their money on something, whether it was $1 or # any amount you can think of.

I think you misunderstand what I'm saying, or you think I am misunderstanding what I'm saying, so I will restate this It is a fact of the mobile game industry that only a tiny percentage of players of any game ultimately spend, and I know for a fact this includes this game.

You seem to think this is some misleading statistic designed to obscure the truth of mobile gaming, that everyone eventually spends. That's not true. It isn't just that most people download it, play it for a few days, and then drop it, while the veterans always eventually spend, so the statistics are padded. Most of the players don't spend. Most of the players who have been around for a year or more do not spend. Most of the players who have been playing for years have never spent a dime. Overall I don't know what the conversion percentage is for veterans of longer and longer retention times, but there is no point at which all of them have been converted to spenders. And in this context, the definition of "converted to spender" in the industry is "spend any amount of cash at any time, ever."

I'm not sure where you have gotten the idea that eventually everyone spends, but according to industry data the opposite is true. Most players don't spend in free to play games. In fact, the overall average conversion rate in the mobile F2P gaming space has been going *downward* slightly, not upward. Something that was almost certainly the driving force behind the recent dumpster fire that was Unity's attempt to retroactively change their licensing model (these stats were in their state of the industry white papers from earlier in the year).
  • Options
    PalistesPalistes Posts: 161 ★★
    Genie4pf said:

smdam38 said:

I suggest you stf

stf? ... Can't even afford to buy a vowel?
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

And while your “Over 95% of everyone who has ever downloaded and played this game paid exactly zero dollars to play it” line should be changed to 100% and it does have some degree of truth to it, it is also stands to truth that while everyone came to this game for free, those who did stay did spend their money on something, whether it was $1 or # any amount you can think of.

You seem to think this is some misleading statistic designed to obscure the truth of mobile gaming, that everyone eventually spends. That's not true. It isn't just that most people download it, play it for a few days, and then drop it, while the veterans always eventually spend, so the statistics are padded. Most of the players don't spend. Most of the players who have been around for a year or more do not spend. Most of the players who have been playing for years have never spent a dime. Overall I don't know what the conversion percentage is for veterans of longer and longer retention times, but there is no point at which all of them have been converted to spenders. And in this context, the definition of "converted to spender" in the industry is "spend any amount of cash at any time, ever."

I'm not sure where you have gotten the idea that eventually everyone spends, but according to industry data the opposite is true. Most players don't spend in free to play games. In fact, the overall average conversion rate in the mobile F2P gaming space has been going *downward* slightly, not upward. Something that was almost certainly the driving force behind the recent dumpster fire that was Unity's attempt to retroactively change their licensing model (these stats were in their state of the industry white papers from earlier in the year).
    To start of I understand what you are referring to, and what you are in general talking about, when I made the claim "those who did stay did spend their money on something, whether it was $1 or # any amount you can think of." I was definitely not making the claim that every player who ever began to play mcoc have purchased or spend money, even after reaching a certain time, or a certain level, and I apologize if that is how it came across but a good chunk of folks do in fact spend money and I will elaborate later on, for now you seem to hold in notion the idea that marvel contest of champions is only functional, still active, and funded thanks in part to the few who whale out thousands upon thousands of dollars each charismas or July 4th, your estimates and claims seem so skewed to big spenders that decide to buy in massive quantity multiple things, while undermining the amount of folks who do purchase in small quantity an item here, a crystal deal there, a track here, and small unit bundle there.

Now I am curious where you got your data from and how it ties in to marvel contest of champion and the average spending rate, specially with how it took shape over the years.

Also I will admit that the type of data and info I am looking at comes generally from the overall interactions that the players have to the marketplace, the deals, the special deals, the cyber Monday's and the black Friday's, with charismas included for added effect, and while this is by no means a fully accurate analysis to how players spend in mcoc and if things are going good or bad for Kabam, just a general observation over the years, it is safe to say it is not wrong simply with how populated mcoc is still to this day (maybe not as much when marvel was hitting its peak but still), despite the many years where similar games came and went, and how things just evolved over the years.
    Now this got me interested "but according to industry data the opposite is true. Most players don't spend in free to play games. In fact, the overall average conversion rate in the mobile F2P gaming space has been going *downward* slightly, not upward." if this was true, how is it the gaming industry, including the mobile gaming market, still a massive juggernaut that doesn't seem to slow down any time soon, specially with how the amount of revenue is being generated every year, do link me where your info from, I am curious.

And as for the unity thing it was just a bad decision that got turned down just as fast as it was announced, but I mean what would you expect from such a brilliant figure head who suggested that they should charge players per bullet spent back when he was in EA I believe (I know I am a bit late in the reply so you properly heard the news)