Morbius Sig Ability

So Morbius sig ability means he can’t die when he is taking direct damage. Does this mean if I fight a Morbius with Liquid Courage in BG that I will not be able to KO him? The poison debuff is direct damage and does not expire.

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,266 ★★★★★
    He wont die from the direct damage but can still die while taking direct damage if that makes sense
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    From the spotlight (https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/morbius/):
    The ability: "When taking Direct Damage from any source, gain a non-stacking Undying Passive that falls off after not taking Direct Damage for 2 seconds."

The Dev note: "Undying is another new effect introduced with Morbius. Undying prevents the champion from being knocked out by Direct, Energy or Physical damaging effects. This is a very powerful ability, similar to Corvus’ Signature Ability, Glaive of Immortality. "

It is kind of confusing, since the Dev note seems to indicate that all DoT effects will be prevented by Undying, not just Direct.

Does this mean that (1) Direct damage triggers Undying, (2) Can't be knocked out by any DoT?
    Or does this mean that even basic attacks (whether they are energy, direct, or physical) also can't knock out Morbius?
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,396 Guardian
    @altavista all DoT are direct damaging effects. Even Korg's and Attuma's thorn damage are a direct damaging effect. So Morbius can't die to thorns or DoT while undying is up, but one blocked hit or an actual hit will kill him.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    If Liquid Courage triggers Undying, he'll be a beast with the recoil masteries. Usually the ability seems balanced around going on cooldown whenever he hasn't taken direct damage for X amount of seconds (I forget the actual number), but Liquid Courage would apply continuous direct damage to him, allowing him to keep his Undying up indefinitely. Even Corvus had a hard cooldown on his ability to not die, but Morbius won't? And he'll heal 50% of the damage taken? He'd be a recoil god.

I'm really curious how it'll work in practice, because on paper, it seems nuts.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,952 ★★★★
    Yeah, basically Morbius can't die to Direct Damage, but he still takes damage from it. For example, Morbius can't die to Liquid Courage if you don't do anything, but he still takes damage from it.