Options

I have had enough of this AI throwing specials while stunned

SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 993 ★★★★
I’ve been thinking of making this post for a while, but today it happened twice. Twice.
The AI will just special attack WHILE STUNNED, what the hell is up with this? I’m playing on a perfectly optimized ipad, it’s not anything like lag…
Has this happened to you aswell??

Comments

• Options
    kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 229 ★★
    maybe it's a node issue?
    like they can remove your stun and throw the special? Without the nodes it's difficult to help more...
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 807 ★★★

Unfortunately you can't trust the stun icon anymore when it's duration is almost out

AMEN!!!! 🙏

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I guess it's a visual issue towards the end of a stun timer? Could you show a recording
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,510 ★★★★★
    Need proof or seriously get good.
  • Options
    318Chubz318Chubz Posts: 121 ★★
    I understand what you mean bro, no proof needed!

When I’ve played, it’s like right before the stun expire — the AI launch their special attack. Which catch you off guard because the damn stun wasn’t all the way expired.

STUPID
  • Options
    I believe you, but is there any footage of this happening anywhere? It would be very helpful.
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Happens so frequently, but no one for a video?
  • Options

Sean_Who said:

I've got a clip of the AI reacting stupidly fast after the stun expires, which is what I suspect has happened to some folks here. It moves instantly after the stun expires, like there is no recovery frame.

If the AI here threw a special instead of dashing back, I would not be able to react to it at all.
    That's not what's being described here though, people are explicitly saying specials are being thrown while stunned.

You tried to time two different combos (medium, and a heavy) poorly, and gave them time to react AFTER the stun wore off, INBETWEEN your combos.
  • Options

I believe you, but is there any footage of this happening anywhere? It would be very helpful.

It’s hard to capture unless you have the camera on non-stop, but I’ll try. Will try to capture footage playing Shocker since it happens a lot with him, lots of stuns…
  • Options
    Sean_Who said:

Sean_Who said:

I've got a clip of the AI reacting stupidly fast after the stun expires, which is what I suspect has happened to some folks here. It moves instantly after the stun expires, like there is no recovery frame.

If the AI here threw a special instead of dashing back, I would not be able to react to it at all.
    That's not what's being described here though, people are explicitly saying specials are being thrown while stunned.

You tried to time two different combos (medium, and a heavy) poorly, and gave them time to react AFTER the stun wore off, INBETWEEN your combos.
    You know what happened to me once? An Absman threw an sp1 right as I was punishing his sp1 with my heavy. The reaction time is not ok.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,279 ★★★★★
    I've seen BWDO fire a Special during a Relic stun. It's definitely a thing. Most likely a bug.
  • Options
    Not sure what you mean by recovery frame, you're either stunned or not stunned. AI can react quick sure, but not like you can't do this exact interaction as a player either.

Sean_Who said:

Sean_Who said:

Some ppl are literally talking about the stun timer being unreliable near the end of its countdown. But do go on...

And I DIDN'T time them poorly bruh, it was medium immediately into a heavy. The AI reacted the EXACT moment the stun wore off. I'm not talking about being in the middle of combo, moreso on the speed of the AI. If it threw a special then and there, I would get cooked regardless (if I was mid combo or not). It recovers too quick.
    Your stun timer is not unreliable in that video? It expires, and defender is able to move?

It wouldn't have thrown a special then and there, if you were in a combo. That's the point.

You tried to chain a heavy after your medium, when your stun wasn't long enough/your heavy wasn't quick enough to connect. Simple as that.
  • Options
    I look forward to seeing video of a special being thrown while stunned though, I'll check out of this convo until then – but won't hold my breath.

Not a video of someone trying to M-heavy a damn limber node 😂
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Sean_Who said:

Not sure what you mean by recovery frame, you're either stunned or not stunned. AI can react quick sure, but not like you can't do this exact interaction as a player either.

Sean_Who said:

Sean_Who said:

Some ppl are literally talking about the stun timer being unreliable near the end of its countdown. But do go on...

And I DIDN'T time them poorly bruh, it was medium immediately into a heavy. The AI reacted the EXACT moment the stun wore off. I'm not talking about being in the middle of combo, moreso on the speed of the AI. If it threw a special then and there, I would get cooked regardless (if I was mid combo or not). It recovers too quick.
    Your stun timer is not unreliable in that video? It expires, and defender is able to move?

It wouldn't have thrown a special then and there, if you were in a combo. That's the point.

You tried to chain a heavy after your medium, when your stun wasn't long enough/your heavy wasn't quick enough to connect. Simple as that.
    I never once said the stun timer was unreliable. Just that OTHERS were saying that. I said, 'AI moves stupidly fast AFTER the stun expires, I suspect ___ might be happening to those ppl' (check my first comment). When you play the clip in real time, it seems like the AI dexes out before the stun expires because it all happens so fast. We're humans not computers.

I've slowed the clip down so its easier to see that the AI dexes AFTER the stun expires (which was never my point of argument). My point is the fact that it reacts too damn fast. I chained a heavy WHILE he was stunned. You can see that in the GIF. AI dexed out of it the instant it recovered from the stun. The animation is slower than the AI reaction time.

Tldr; my point is that AI reacts to damn fast. I've said this time and time again. The clip I showed is just an example of how fast it reacts. You are arguing over semantics in the clip. Simple as that.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Sean_Who said:

Sean_Who said:

Sean_Who said:

I never once said the stun timer was unreliable. Just that OTHERS were saying that. I said, 'AI moves stupidly fast AFTER the stun expires, I suspect ___ might be happening to those ppl' (check my first comment). When you play the clip in real time, it seems like the AI dexes out before the stun expires because it all happens so fast. We're humans not computers.

I've slowed the clip down so its easier to see that the AI dexes AFTER the stun expires (which was never my point of argument). My point is the fact that it reacts too damn fast. I chained a heavy WHILE he was stunned. You can see that in the GIF. AI dexed out of it the instant it recovered from the stun. The animation is slower than the AI reaction time.

Tldr; my point is that AI reacts to damn fast. I've said this time and time again. The clip I showed is just an example of how fast it reacts. You are arguing over semantics in the clip. Simple as that.
    I've actually had the other thing happen I think. The defender shrugged the stun and threw sp3, but it was not properly visualised so it seemed like as if it was thrown while stunned
  • Options
    Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★
    Just happened to me in AW. Went for a heavy when there was just below quarter of circle around stun timer and they threw a special and kod me. I had them at 3% an was going to finish fight.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,447 ★★★★★
    This has been going on for ages. I figured it was working as intended.