**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Silent Change, or New Bug?

Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,400 ★★★★
edited October 2023 in General Discussion
Many of you may recognize this quest as 6.4.1, the home of the punching bag Deadpool.

But somehow it’s letting me in with a team of all 4*, even though act 6 is only supposed to be limited to 5* and above. I tested this in a few other act 6 quests and it worked in all of them. If this is intended, honestly it’s a good change, but I have a feeling this is another update bug.

Comments

• Options
    rcm2017 said:

Wow!!! Hope it stays that way.

Same, no harm in leaving it as is even if it is a bug.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Definitely a silent change. There's no such thing as bugs.

Of course, what was I thinking.
  • Options
    flapjax said:

I believe the term is silent nerf, and you have to say it with much more indignation.

I think it’s more so a buff than a nerf, it just allows progressing players to use that free 4* Hercules they got a few months ago lol.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,332 ★★★★★

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I've reported it to kabam. This is obviously a bug.

Aw sucks but i think the 1-3s should be banned mostly due to the symbiote
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 466 ★★★

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I've reported it to kabam. This is obviously a bug.

But why? Who is it hurting? I never understood why there was a restriction in the first place. If people want to bring 4* into Act 6 because they’re masochists, let them.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,648 ★★★★★

But why? Who is it hurting? I never understood why there was a restriction in the first place. If people want to bring 4* into Act 6 because they’re masochists, let them.
    Originally it was pretty much so people couldn't bring in their 4 stars for synergy purposes and Quake. Now it's the same but also add Hercules and Kitty lol
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★★
    It’s not a popular opinion but I miss the stone hard difficulty of act 6. I also liked the star level gate.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

It’s not a popular opinion but I miss the stone hard difficulty of act 6. I also liked the star level gate.

Agree. OG Act 6 was way more fun. The original act 7 on the other hand.... Im glad they changed that though lmao
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Synergies is the reason for the restriction I believe , but I could be wrong
    Even if it’s for synergies, they should just let it stay like this. I had to beat 6.2.2 Mr Sinister with -90% damage the whole fight because I didn’t get the right pulls, and I know plenty of others who had the same scenario. This wouldn’t be game breaking by any means.
  • Options

I understand missing that feeling, but at this point in the game act 6 is no longer end game content. Also I still don’t think the 5*+ gates are the way to add challenge, as it adds far more niche than challenge imho.
  • Options

Even if it’s for synergies, they should just let it stay like this. I had to beat 6.2.2 Mr Sinister with -90% damage the whole fight because I didn’t get the right pulls, and I know plenty of others who had the same scenario. This wouldn’t be game breaking by any means.
    That's the point. Patience young Padawan
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,772 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Agree. OG Act 6 was way more fun. The original act 7 on the other hand.... Im glad they changed that though lmao
    it was the last truly challenging content that didn't require revive spamming with enough planning and thought.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★★

I understand missing that feeling, but at this point in the game act 6 is no longer end game content. Also I still don’t think the 5*+ gates are the way to add challenge, as it adds far more niche than challenge imho.
    The definition of endgame content did definitely change
  • Options
    edited October 2023

The definition of endgame content did definitely change
    Yeah for sure, if this was act 8 we were talking about I’d fully agree with your point.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,375 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I did explore OG act 6 but I disagree that people doing act 6 now should go through the same restrictions and wait that long for appropriate counters. The game has moved on from where we were a few years ago. The difficulty level for early content should decrease proportionately or new people won’t stay interested in the game
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

I very respectfully disagree, players can reach act 6 now within a month if picking up the game. (Especially with the new act 4 & 5 nerfs.) Oftentimes they won’t have the proper counter, and they shouldn’t be forced to wait on one. Being stuck in story due to skill I understand, but this is just niche. If I had waited for a proper counter to that fight my roster would look drastically different than it does now.
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

I very respectfully disagree, players can reach act 6 now within a month if picking up the game. (Especially with the new act 4 & 5 nerfs.) Oftentimes they won’t have the proper counter, and they shouldn’t be forced to wait on one. Being stuck in story due to skill I understand, but this is just niche. If I had waited for a proper counter to that fight my roster would look drastically different than it does now.

ahmynuts said:

I agree with both of you for most of this but disagree on the point of these restrictions being removed only because that was the point of act 6. Its identity was the act where you needed to learn about different nodes and interactions and have counters to them, not just unga bunga smash your way through
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

I agree with both of you for most of this but disagree on the point of these restrictions being removed only because that was the point of act 6. Its identity was the act where you needed to learn about different nodes and interactions and have counters to them, not just unga bunga smash your way through.

The original act 7 however was taking this waaaay too far into the realm of absolute bs and obvious sinks for your items though and because of Seatins massive state of the game video and Optimus Prime level speech amongst other things,the community rallied together for boycotts and the sort it was changed to what we have now which is basically an unga bunga fest. Newer players need somewhere to learn about deeper mechanics of the game or else we will keep having threads and players being confused and not understanding what's going on. Act 6 used to be that place but now it's pretty much nowhere
    Idk why it posted like this but y'all get my point lol