Tigra gets parried when hitting into the block

2»

Comments

• G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Happened to me yesterday, Tigra’s second hit in her first medium was parried by a blocking Venom in Arena…

Champs with double hit M can get parried into blocks. Happens with Tigra, Domino, Stealthy and Black Cat all the time for me. It sucks, but that is a risk when playing these champs in AW and BGs.

It seems like @Yodabolt21 is right on this, seems to be the champs with double hits on their first medium…
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Ok, I have to correct myself… I did some testing in practice fights against Venom. Here’s my video:
    https://imgur.com/a/q9rheVu

I wasn’t able to recreate what I remembered (being parry stunned on the second hit of the dash medium).

However, I was parry stunned twice in the fight on the SECOND HIT of the combo (first light), but only because I had a slight delay between the dash medium and the first light (somehow my fingers didn’t cooperate)… This happened twice in the fight.

Whenever I completed a combo against block AT NORMAL PACE, there was no parry…

And if you look closely in OP’s video, there is also a slight delay between the dash medium, and the following hit…

So in my conclusion, there is nothing wrong here (still infuriating to be stunned mid-combo, but not a broken mechanic)…
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Member Posts: 1,229 ★★★★
    I hate this. And it only happens to me when I use Tigra.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,160 ★★★★★
    Kabam any comments? There's a new video in this thread now, yall asked for videos proof and now we have 2, still this silence is very sus.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I had the issue when using domino. But thankfully her hits have non contact so didn't get stunned
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    So now we can't hit into the defender's block without getting stunned? Sheeezus what's next?!?
  • OmedennOmedenn Member Posts: 890 ★★★
    My opponents are parrying me more than I parry them lately
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 919 ★★★★
    They probably messed up and turned game reaction time to zero and don’t know how to fix it. It’s why the game unblocks between hits and reacts to the second hit with a parry.

Same reason it will punish a slightly late heavy with a special every time or Doom throws Sp1 if you late punish his Sp1.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★★
    Yeah sadly this is not new and happens quite a bit especially in AW and BGs where the Ai seems overtuned but unchanged.
    💩 like this is costly to players in so many ways. The game is cheating us. Funny how Kabam is still going *crickets* on this.
    And I KNOW they see these posts and comments because they gatekeep and police EVERYTHING we say in here.
    We're not going to let this post fade away
  • Trek26Trek26 Member Posts: 243 ★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Any double medium risks this, for over a year+ mow

Doesn't the recording show it wasn't a double medium?
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Trek26 said:

BigBlueOx said:

By double medium they mean mediums attacks that strike the opponent twice, not two medium attacks in a row.
    I did ML then parried.
  • Trek26Trek26 Member Posts: 243 ★★

Trek26 said:

BigBlueOx said:

By double medium they mean mediums attacks that strike the opponent twice, not two medium attacks in a row.
    I did ML then parried.
    Ahhh, I understand now.. thank you for clarifying
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    Not weekend bump again
    But really @Kabam Miike Even if this is only getting fixed in like 5 months it should be at least in trello
    (This isnt in trello right?)
  • TyphoonTyphoon Member Posts: 1,802 ★★★★★

Using Tigra
    * I got parried once hitting into the block in war (can't remember who)
    * I got parried hitting into the block of Penni in the last BG season
    * I got parried hitting into block of Fantman during a practice machine, as per the video

This using an iPad Air (5th gen) with OS 16.6.1 on my home WiFi.

https://youtu.be/IAwhMz_M7xc

Reminiscent of this old one:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/304920/eop-blade-applies-bleed-when-hitting-into-block-mid-combo-video-included/p1
    Bumping again
    Bumping x 2
    My post got a response from Kabam Miike and got immediately closed. Hopefully this one gets their attention too.

• Manup456Manup456 Member Posts: 891 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    This is not just Tigra because this also happens with all champs at different occasions I have had this happen in BGs multiple times. The other thread got closed for no reason and people can’t even continue to post videos in that thread. Hopefully this one stays open and more people can post about it but it’s probably gonna get closed as well.

They are gonna say this another issue that comes from game engine issue.
    Manup456 said:

This is not just Tigra because this also happens with all champs at different occasions I have had this happen in BGs multiple times. The other thread got closed for no reason and people can’t even continue to post videos in that thread. Hopefully this one stays open and more people can post about it but it’s probably gonna get closed as well.

They are gonna say this another issue that comes from game engine issue.

My thread got closed too quick. And based on Miike's 2nd response, I don't believe Kabam fully accepts the issue.
  • AxewAxew Member Posts: 620 ★★★★
    Any info about this? It’s a pretty glaring issue tbh
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★★
    Drax, BWDO, Black Cat, anybody with a 2-hit medium attack deals with this. 🤞the AI fixes help