Battlegrounds Farming is No Longer Allowed

Comments

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,472 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

So there hasnt been any communication regarding how they’re willing to compensate for doing this with extra points or marks obtainable ? Or clarification on what counts as bannable? Not even a comment from Miike?

Now you want compensation?
    Can you not read? I meant via rewarding more points , for instance in GC or just bumping up points for energy/marks in general.

Ofcourse, regardless of me explaining, you’re just going to think of some nonsense reason to disagree, since you always advocate against what the community wants
    Again, why would they compensate with giving more points? Obviously they want the top end rewards to be earned.

You obviously don't want to earn them, you want to take the easy road. You think you're owed the top level rewards because you play the game.

Kabam is obviously trying to make those harder to obtain and not make some cheese way of doing it.
    someone finally admits it. it's not about cheating or violating the TOS, it's about increasing game-time and cost.

"we're making it illegal to use to your marks wisely. give us more time and money".
    Just because the milestone is there, it doesnt mean you are entitled to it, they improved all previous milestones as well..also a free to play game doesnt mean that all contents are free, spend some units on marks if you want the rewards so much.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

So there hasnt been any communication regarding how they’re willing to compensate for doing this with extra points or marks obtainable ? Or clarification on what counts as bannable? Not even a comment from Miike?

Now you want compensation?
    Can you not read? I meant via rewarding more points , for instance in GC or just bumping up points for energy/marks in general.

Ofcourse, regardless of me explaining, you’re just going to think of some nonsense reason to disagree, since you always advocate against what the community wants
    Again, why would they compensate with giving more points? Obviously they want the top end rewards to be earned.

You obviously don't want to earn them, you want to take the easy road. You think you're owed the top level rewards because you play the game.

Kabam is obviously trying to make those harder to obtain and not make some cheese way of doing it.
    someone finally admits it. it's not about cheating or violating the TOS, it's about increasing game-time and cost.

"we're making it illegal to use to your marks wisely. give us more time and money".
    I'm not sure where you got that from, but it's about playing honestly. Sorry that's inconvenient for you.
  • Alan706Alan706 Member Posts: 27
    I know most of the people commenting here are probably Paragon but as a recent Thronebreaker this has always been my only option at strategy. As a Cavalier (who this is supposed to apparently help) I had to stay under Plat 2 or basically never get another win in BGs for the rest of the season. I doubt my TB roster will have much better of a chance against the multitude of Paragons I had/have to face in anything Plat+.

I think this change sucks.
  • SuperSam568SuperSam568 Member Posts: 47
    There’s always going to be a border where paragon casuals and tb hardcore meet.

Nothing will change that. Unless there is an improvement or change to the matchmaking algorithm .

It’s just the natural way the game plays out. We are not in set brackets. We are all mixed abilities and mixed power levels with mixed desires about how much time we want to spend in game. And all this results in a mix of power in rosters once past p2.

If casual paragons want to focus on solo rewards by losing and winning to make it easier on themselves, that’s a strategy, not a cheat. They aren’t using some hack. It’s a choice to focus not on winning, but on time spent vs rewards gained.

If kabam wants to force paragons to play every match, all that will happen is they will use elders up, then when elders runs out they’ll use energy. That won’t change the fact that there is a border where tb hardcore and paragon casual meet. It may change the border slightly (p1 or diamond instead of p2), but it will still be there. They will still match with tb that they will win, and still match paragons that they will win/ lose. And they’ll still get points eventually.

The only thing that’s changed is it will take longer for them to get the points.

Time is the main thing that kabam have affected here. And possibly one tier up for the tb hardcore / paragon casual border.
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 438 ★★★
    @SuperSam568 That's the point Kabam is trying to make. They don't want players to get the reach the milestones if they aren't trying to play the game mode as it was intended to be played. They want the rewards but don't want to play BGs. It's as simple as that.

I'd be curious to know if those that are angry about the change...if they removed the alliance milestones from BG's, would you still point farm? Would you even play BGs?

• KTPrimalKTPrimal Member Posts: 121
    I'm starting to believe that even if marks weren't used to queue up, and it was tokens/rp, there would still be an issue. What happened to everyones competitive spirit all of a sudden?
  • Mohammad07Mohammad07 Member Posts: 183 ★★
    Offtopic but when will we get bg rank rewards
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,373 ★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Intentionally pausing up next hopefully

Yes.
    And the 5 summoners that hit disagree on your post do this.

And .... What on hell. there's a pause button on a 1'30 secs match, you decide your progress?
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    Do people really play the amount of BGs required to hit the final milestone for the titan shards? Just doing the math you'd have to play BGs likes it's a part time job, expecting people to play every single match at full attention is pretty ludicrous if you're not one of the YTers doing it like a job.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    I don't lose on purpose for an advantage, just to coincide with my objectives. If I'm at 0 wins I'll start my two objectives losing two and then winning the third to complete the second objective, usually just throwing two at work and playing one when I get home. Then I'll win the first and move up and lose the next two to clear the objectives. I don't clear all objectives just a few every couple days, usually end up high silver to low gold. I use energy to throw and marks when I play and end solo event around 100k points. So am I considered a cheater here and up for a ban? If so ill just save the money I piss away on mcoc and they'll break the chain and cut me loose. Set these rules for GC where it gets competitive and leave the rest of us be.
  • GoofballanatotGoofballanatot Member Posts: 151
    Were we suppose to receive the rewards for the lower level battlegrounds since we started in a higher rank? I haven’t received anything yet and I just went up a rank.?

Were we suppose to receive the rewards for the lower level battlegrounds since we started in a higher rank? I haven’t received anything yet and I just went up a rank.?

You receive the previous Tiers after 5 Matches.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,382 ★★★★★

Do people really play the amount of BGs required to hit the final milestone for the titan shards? Just doing the math you'd have to play BGs likes it's a part time job, expecting people to play every single match at full attention is pretty ludicrous if you're not one of the YTers doing it like a job.

You literally only need two wins and two losses with elder marks per day lol if you saved up your marks last season you don't have to play BGs like it's a part time job.
  • Tony_5tankTony_5tank Member Posts: 107

You literally only need two wins and two losses with elder marks per day lol if you saved up your marks last season you don't have to play BGs like it's a part time job.
    You’re assuming you can get those wins within 4 matches. If not you’re spending significantly more elder marks
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Member Posts: 3,113 ★★★★★

Kabam was just advising not to hoard and now people are expected to save elder marks?
    edited October 2023

Kabam was just advising not to hoard and now people are expected to save elder marks?
    Oh I don't care what they said, I'm still hoarding and so should everyone else. Do I think it was dumb of them to say that after that commissary event which required you to hoard? Absolutely, so yes that one's on Kabam.
    Regardless of what Kabam said though, why on Earth would you not save your marks after they announced the rewards for season 12? Oh right, I forgot with farming you don't need that many, of course lol.
  • Tony_5tankTony_5tank Member Posts: 107

You’re assuming you can get those wins within 4 matches. If not you’re spending significantly more elder marks
    As someone who started on Plat 1 along with Beroman and every other whale yesterday and only has ten r4 6*, yes it is possible to get two wins in four matches unless you suck, as a matter of fact I got two wins in three matches so I'm not assuming here, this is personal experience lol

Not trying to be a **** here but if you're losing more than you're winning it is a skill issue.
    You are assuming that everyone has the roster available to them that you do. They don’t. Thank you for proving my point for me though lol. I too started in P1, but I have 4 R4s to your 10… it is in no way a skill issue. I’m not out speeding 7* R2s with my 6* R3s am I, Let’s call a brush a brush
    Well not to be that guy, but if you don't have a Roster that's developed enough to compete, then you can't expect to get all Milestones everytime.

As someone who started on Plat 1 along with Beroman and every other whale yesterday and only has ten r4 6*, yes it is possible to get two wins in four matches unless you suck, as a matter of fact I got two wins in three matches so I'm not assuming here, this is personal experience lol

Not trying to be a **** here but if you're losing more than you're winning it is a skill issue.
    You are assuming that everyone has the roster available to them that you do. They don’t. Thank you for proving my point for me though lol. I too started in P1, but I have 4 R4s to your 10… it is in no way a skill issue. I’m not out speeding 7* R2s with my 6* R3s am I, Let’s call a brush a brush
    Proving what point? You very clearly said "you're assuming you can get those wins within four matches" to which I replied I'm not assuming anything because I already won two and lost one with barely any effort so I know it's possible lol if your roster isn't big enough that's a different situation, and not what I was arguing about at all, my argument was that it is possible.
    Players who aren't new but aren't endgame players either are unfortunately going to get screwed over pretty bad by these changes, however I do still think they should've saved elder marks as soon as the rewards were announced instead of hoping Kabam would allow farming again.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023

Well not to be that guy, but if you don't have a Roster that's developed enough to compete, then you can't expect to get all Milestones everytime.

Unless its really undeveloped, then you get a free ride to plat2
  • Jaycray81Jaycray81 Member Posts: 370 ★★
    If they want to fix the point farming they should just get rid of EM. Make every match cost energy, and increase points rewarded based on which tier you're in.

Everyone would push as high as they could at that point. No one would feel like they are wasting valuable resources. Seems like an easy fix.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 777 ★★★★
    Jaycray81 said:

If they want to fix the point farming they should just get rid of EM. Make every match cost energy, and increase points rewarded based on which tier you're in.

Everyone would push as high as they could at that point. No one would feel like they are wasting valuable resources. Seems like an easy fix.

So the solution to not wasting valuable resources is to not have valuable resources?
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Member Posts: 600 ★★★

Jaycray81 said:

So the solution to not wasting valuable resources is to not have valuable resources?
    If I recall from beta there was no elder marks to begin with until BG went live. At some point it was an addition.

I’m not sure the question is “to not have valuable resources” and more like; are they really even necessary? Doing away with them would solve more problems then create.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 777 ★★★★

Jaycray81 said:

If I recall from beta there was no elder marks to begin with until BG went live. At some point it was an addition.

I’m not sure the question is “to not have valuable resources” and more like; are they really even necessary? Doing away with them would solve more problems then create.
    During the beta, one of the complaints was the energy requirement; plenty of people wanted a separate form of energy for BG. Kabam's response was EM. Granted, revive farming was still a thing during the beta, but I'm at least thankfully I don't always have to use energy to play BG.

Increasing the points from GC matches to be more than VT, in my opinion, still alleviates the points problem and keeps the alternative from using energy
  • Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Member Posts: 334 ★★★
    I really hope they backtrack on this one. In the longterm, you will lose more players. Please stop alienating your playerbase.

Unless its really undeveloped, then you get a free ride to plat2
    The OP mentioned not having the Roster. There's a difference between having a fair start, and having the expectation to hit all Solo Milestones.
    Also, they're not getting a free ride. They're fighting Matches that give them a reasonable start. Everyone earns their Wins the same as anyone else.

I really hope they backtrack on this one. In the longterm, you will lose more players. Please stop alienating your playerbase.

No, alienating the playerbase would be doing nothing and letting you ruin BGs for players with smaller accounts, stomping them on the lower leagues because you refuse to compete with everyone else.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,384 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023

No, alienating the playerbase would be doing nothing and letting you ruin BGs for players with smaller accounts, stomping them on the lower leagues because you refuse to compete with everyone else.
    Maybe, but banning is an extreme “bandaid” fix. There wasn’t much thought put to it at all, instead they could have incentivized winning in higher ranks because the way it seems right now is basically a money grab for people to spend more units on marks prior to the Cyber Deals
    You want them to incentivize cheating the system?