Battlegrounds for paragons.

TherunekingTheruneking Member Posts: 213 ★★
First of all I know there are thousands of post regarding battlegrounds and unfair matchups, but I want to throw some light on more concerning areas regarding bg.

I am paragon with 16k prestige and 2.1million acc, which I think is decent.

I reach gladiators circuit every season I play and bg was my favourite game mode cause strategy matters a lot in bg, until recently it has become too frustrating, and many factors are completely obliterating the strategy part of bg.

I am currently at d1 and almost all matches are with double my acc rating with 18k 19k even 20k prestiges.

I am surely frustrated by this, cause being at the highest progression level is supposed to make things easier not harder right?.

Let me summarise the drawbacks I would like to see get resolve in the current Bg-

1. The most frustrating of all- Who picks the 1st defender system
For like 10 15 matches I got to pick 2nd only 3 4 times, and facing rosters double your acc with you picking first completely nullifies the concept of so called strategy in bg.

System should be such that 50% of the time you should pick first and rest 50 them. Don't ask me how, that's not my job to answer.

2.Effort to reward ratio
I personally don't have problem facing double my roster in bg, unless the rewards are not worth the effort which is the current scenario.

I would like to see increase 7 star shards t6b,t3a,and 6 star sig stones by many folds in bg, and addition of t6cc.
Competing against hundreds of players with 7 star r2s and 6r5 filled rosters for what?

You get 18.5k bg tokens and have 1.5k 7 star shards?ie 1/10th of a 7 star?

And why still 6 star sig stone a rare thing?
18k token for 50 6 star sig stones ? Specially when so many characters need max sig and when 7 stars r2 are dominating.

If one finds matching 16k with 20k is fair, then rewards should be that high too. Not fractions of 7 stars.

3. AI behaviour-

I don't know how many times this has been addressed, but I will request you guys to make ai not hold block and bait when they fill up 2 bars of power. As time is one of the major bg factor, this behaviour of ai costs so many matches, not only matches our time to play bg( which is min 10min for a match), elder marks, and that medal required for progressing to next tier.
And the sad thing is that you don't get any compensation, any resolution of this problem, just frustration.

And It's unfortunate to know that as a paragon I never met a cav and thronebreaker this last 2 seasons, only paragons. I have a small acc too which is thronebreaker and it feels much satisfying and easier there to face thronebreakers and cavs than my main. In a current state of the bg apparently progressing just makes things worse.

To conclude let me just show you guys a glimpse of what paragons like me have to go through-

Where 45k+ points are not enough to win a round.

Comments

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,262 ★★★★★

" facing rosters double your acc with you picking first completely nullifies the concept of so called strategy in bg. "

- If anything it enhances the concept of strategy because now you need to think more

"System should be such that 50% of the time you should pick first and rest 50 them. Don't ask me how, that's not my job to answer."

- This cant work because it would need to make sure everybody would have to be picking first 50% of the time which is impossible and would destroy the matchmaking

"I would like to see increase 7 star shards t6b,t3a,and 6 star sig stones by many folds in bg, and addition of t6cc.
    Competing against hundreds of players with 7 star r2s and 6r5 filled rosters for what?

18k token for 50 6 star sig stones ? Specially when so many characters need max sig and when 7 stars r2 are dominating."

- I honestly agree. They need to buff the store a little bit. Especially after cyber weekend. I just know that'll be a mess
  • DuelEagleDuelEagle Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2023
    I have to agree I’ve had 15 straight matches of picking first, I feel like the system would be better if picking first let’s you draft the first and third round second, because currently it feels like having to pick first gives you the pick and draft disadvantage.
    Hopefully the new AI next month fixes the inconsistency I’ve been facing, not sure how similar everyone else’s experience has been.
    I’m diamond 1 atm and have two r5 6 stars and 1 r2 7star and I’m facing people with more than double of both and it just feels so rough because regardless of how I play the get the time advantage due to rank difference.

Edit: when I say draft in the first paragraph I mean like placement phase
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 911 ★★★

First of all I know there are thousands of post regarding battlegrounds and unfair matchups, but I want to throw some light on more concerning areas regarding bg.

I am paragon with 16k prestige and 2.1million acc, which I think is decent.

I reach gladiators circuit every season I play and bg was my favourite game mode cause strategy matters a lot in bg, until recently it has become too frustrating, and many factors are completely obliterating the strategy part of bg.

I am currently at d1 and almost all matches are with double my acc rating with 18k 19k even 20k prestiges.

I am surely frustrated by this, cause being at the highest progression level is supposed to make things easier not harder right?.

Let me summarise the drawbacks I would like to see get resolve in the current Bg-

1. The most frustrating of all- Who picks the 1st defender system
    For like 10 15 matches I got to pick 2nd only 3 4 times, and facing rosters double your acc with you picking first completely nullifies the concept of so called strategy in bg.

System should be such that 50% of the time you should pick first and rest 50 them. Don't ask me how, that's not my job to answer.

2.Effort to reward ratio
    I personally don't have problem facing double my roster in bg, unless the rewards are not worth the effort which is the current scenario.

I would like to see increase 7 star shards t6b,t3a,and 6 star sig stones by many folds in bg, and addition of t6cc.

18k token for 50 6 star sig stones ? Specially when so many characters need max sig and when 7 stars r2 are dominating.

If one finds matching 16k with 20k is fair, then rewards should be that high too. Not fractions of 7 stars.

3. AI behaviour-

I don't know how many times this has been addressed, but I will request you guys to make ai not hold block and bait when they fill up 2 bars of power. As time is one of the major bg factor, this behaviour of ai costs so many matches, not only matches our time to play bg( which is min 10min for a match), elder marks, and that medal required for progressing to next tier.
    And the sad thing is that you don't get any compensation, any resolution of this problem, just frustration.

And It's unfortunate to know that as a paragon I never met a cav and thronebreaker this last 2 seasons, only paragons. I have a small acc too which is thronebreaker and it feels much satisfying and easier there to face thronebreakers and cavs than my main. In a current state of the bg apparently progressing just makes things worse.

To conclude let me just show you guys a glimpse of what paragons like me have to go through-

Where 45k+ points are not enough to win a round.

lol , if you have made it to Gc, you should have known that 45k is considered pretty bad in VT most of the seasons ( except the power burn one)
  • TherunekingTheruneking Member Posts: 213 ★★

You might be at the highest progression level but you're more like a freshman in grade 9, competing against sophomores, juniors and seniors. If anything, being Paragon in BGs makes the game mode harder since there is a much, much bigger disparity between players at that level.

But again, it's a competition and you aren't meant to get first place along with everyone else.

No one asked for first place, for god's sake read the post before commenting.

Yes there are many above my prestige and rating, so what's your suggestion? When I will be 20k prestige they will be 25k, someone will always be above.

The way there are thousands of players above my rating in the same way there are lakhs below mine, I always meet 19k prestige acc, why not I never meet 12k prestige players with 1 million acct?
    edited October 2023

@Jack2634
    lol , if you have made it to Gc, you should have known that 45k is considered pretty bad in VT most of the seasons ( except the power burn one)

I know 45k is good enough to give you win even on battlerealm brawl, ever heard of it? Where the top gc players go?

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,793 ★★★★★

You might be at the highest progression level but you're more like a freshman in grade 9, competing against sophomores, juniors and seniors. If anything, being Paragon in BGs makes the game mode harder since there is a much, much bigger disparity between players at that level.

But again, it's a competition and you aren't meant to get first place along with everyone else.

Yes there are many above my prestige and rating, so what's your suggestion? When I will be 20k prestige they will be 25k, someone will always be above.

The way there are thousands of players above my rating in the same way there are lakhs below mine, I always meet 19k prestige acc, why not I never meet 12k prestige players with 1 million acct?
    This is what I am responding to-

You somehow think it's supposed to be easier as a Paragon.

Yes Why should I not? I am quite happy with my throne breaker acc, reaching plat 2 easily and, with minimal effort.

Where I put the effort in why should not i expect things to get easier?
  • M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Member Posts: 216 ★★
    edited October 2023
    True competition is not for everyone, and that's totally ok. Competition is usually the fastest way to get better at most things, but it takes heartache, suffering, sacrifice, humility, and a whole lot of learning and hard work. Victory can be pyrrhic - you reap some rewards but also earn a bigger fight for next time. This being a phone game, it is understandable that many do not expect or want to go through such an experience. Most just want to have fun and relax. But, that's why we have other modes like AW and AQ that are still competitive but not as much. The rewards are less, sure, but they are less of a competitive mode than Battlegrounds, so it makes sense.
  • KontraktKillaKontraktKilla Member Posts: 16
    I think the biggest issue with battlegrounds is the match making is not matching up rosters with comparable strengths, there's no reason why you should have a hugely unbalanced match up. if its truly supposed to be a competition, its not equally fair to anyone, even if you win the matches against goliath rosters. if its about skill for one side of the fight, it should EQUALLY be about skill on the other side too... if two accounts enter the match up, and are equally skilled, but have vastly different rosters in terms of strength and power, the unfair advantage is with the account with the better roster, clearly. how is that fair or anything close to equal in any facet? and it costs resources to play, so there's one side that getting shafted monetarily due to unfair advantage as well.

its an unfair system that obviously benefits the overly powered rosters, everyone is decently skilled at this point in the game, so its not about skill as much as your roster.

Change my mind...
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    I'm just gonna quote a song that is embedded in my head thanks to my niece, I think it summarizes your situation.

"Baby Shark, doo-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo
    Baby Shark, doo-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo
    Baby Shark, doo-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo
    Baby Shark
    Mommy Shark, doo-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo
    Mommy Shark
    Daddy Shark, doo-doo, doo-doo, doo-doo
    Daddy Shark🎶🎶🎶"

Yes Why should I not? I am quite happy with my throne breaker acc, reaching plat 2 easily and, with minimal effort.

The higher you climb, the more difficult it becomes.

I think the biggest issue with battlegrounds is the match making is not matching up rosters with comparable strengths, there's no reason why you should have a hugely unbalanced match up. if its truly supposed to be a competition, its not equally fair to anyone, even if you win the matches against goliath rosters. if its about skill for one side of the fight, it should EQUALLY be about skill on the other side too... if two accounts enter the match up, and are equally skilled, but have vastly different rosters in terms of strength and power, the unfair advantage is with the account with the better roster, clearly. how is that fair or anything close to equal in any facet? and it costs resources to play, so there's one side that getting shafted monetarily due to unfair advantage as well.

its an unfair system that obviously benefits the overly powered rosters, everyone is decently skilled at this point in the game, so its not about skill as much as your roster.

Change my mind...

You can't show up with a Toyota Corolla to the F1 Race in Monaco and expect to win

The Olympics isn't easier than Tee Ball. Correct me if I'm wrong though

Thanks for clearing my doubt.

In life progressing to a higher level makes it easier, for example advancement in science is to make life easier, no one would value science if it made life harder. But my bad I confused science and life with game.

And If progression makes things difficult it's better not to then.

In life progressing to a higher level makes it easier, for example advancement in science is to make life easier, no one would value science if it made life harder. But my bad I confused science and life with game.

Right, but you arent talking about life in general. You're talking about a competitive sport, which, unlike life, gets harder the more you progress. If you don't think so then go join the NBA
    edited October 2023

A progression title makes roster development and champion acquisition easier, its not going to help you on a PvP aspect. Yes you are a Paragon; but close to the lowest level of Paragon at 16k Prestige, truth is we should be close to the next level of progression, some people will cross over right away, some will have to work for it again.

A progression title makes roster development and champion acquisition easier, its not going to help you on a PvP aspect. Yes you are a Paragon; but close to the lowest level of Paragon at 16k Prestige, truth is we should be close to the next level of progression, some people will cross over right away, some will have to work for it again.
    Again I am not against matching higher players than me, just read 1 2 3 points of the post what I am against. You guys can only counter argue those who say matchmaking is unfair. If I won against double my acct rating and prestige which I have many times against 19k prestige I don't feel it's worth the effort for the rewards.

And There are plenty of 12k 13k 14k paragons fyi, I think 12k prestige is the lowest level then.

And competiton doesn't mean always facing higher than yourself, it's a mix of both. In bg I never faced any 12k 13k or even 14k prestige players last 2 season.

• StatureStature Member Posts: 433 ★★★

Change my mind...

Roster is a core part of the game. Having to face someone with a stronger roster to move ahead of them is the nature of a PvP mode, there is nothing unfair about it.
    But I forgot to mention, One thing I still like about bg is that when I defeat those 18k 19k prestige players with morbius in their acc as 7 star.

It's so fun knowing money can buy overpowered teams to nuke rosters, but it can't buy skill. I absolutely savour those moments.

But I forgot to mention, One thing I still like about bg is that when I defeat those 18k 19k prestige players with morbius in their acc as 7 star.

It's so fun knowing money can buy overpowered teams to nuke rosters, but it can't buy skill. I absolutely savour those moments.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, man.
  • Manup456Manup456 Member Posts: 891 ★★★★
    edited October 2023
    @Theruneking Dude you got the gang on you now, better quite while you’re still ahead they will call in reinforcements 😂
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    So who should those guys who are double your account fight if not you when you're in the same tier? Do they get extra rewards for not being able to fight you? Do you get lesser rewards for avoiding them?

Why, exactly, do you deserve to avoid them win D1?
    Manup456 said:

@Theruneking Dude you got the gang on you now, better quite while you’re still ahead they will call in reinforcements 😂

Am I in bigg trouble?😱😱
    Manup456 said:

Your name does not check out
  • M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Member Posts: 216 ★★

Change my mind...

Many competitions like to balance out various factors, e.g. weight, age, in order to isolate and test skill. Battlegrounds, past a certain tier, makes no effort to balance any factors. There is no matching based on years of experience, how many R2 7*s you have, what masteries you are running, or anything else. Two people are only matched up based on the fact that they downloaded the game, have active accounts, and pressed the button to start a match. On top of that, the game mode throws in rotating metas, random champ drafts, champ bans, and random "who picks first."

So Battlegrounds is not fair at all. It does not always test skill. I think this is by design. Battlegrounds is a competition where you have little control over your destiny, the deck is stacked against you, with alot of chaos and luck. That is why it has the best rewards! That is why the highs are so intoxicating and the lows are so devastating!
    @Ironman3000

Guess what these are my comments from this thread only! Surprising right?

Have you never played anything competitive in your life? Heck even in science there are competitions like science fairs. You're confusing quality of life with competition. Though I am truly not sure how you can even correlate the two things.

This is a mobile video game. This isn't real life. Progression in video games generally means you're unlocking harder content. You're playing Battelgrounds. This is a competitive mode which means you're going to face competition that you can either win against or lose against. Just because you're Paragon, it doesn't mean you're only going to cruise to the top of the charts with easy. I am also Paragon-

We're the same progression level. It's possible for us to match against each other in battlegrounds because we're both trying to reach the same goals and we're playing the same game mode. There isn't anything that makes anything easier in this game because we're Paragon.

Progression in a video game is not the same as making a breakthrough in science to "progress" easier in life.
  • Soumemiakas1926Soumemiakas1926 Member Posts: 352 ★★★
    Skill issue
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★

@Ironman3000

Guess what these are my comments from this thread only! Surprising right?

If you don't think the rewards are worth the effort, don't play. It's not that hard.

Complaining on the forums isn't going to make it easier.