**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Defender Placement

Jclark3168Jclark3168 Posts: 75
edited November 2023 in General Discussion
Apologies if this has been discussed already but our alliance is having issues placing defenders in battle groups. We only have 8 people in BG1 because it’s not allowing anyone to place their defense. We’ve tried assigning them to bg1 but that still didn’t work. They can place in bg2 but not bg1 even though it isn’t full. Anyone have recommendations we could try to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    The AW placement is still pretty messy.

Try having people remove their defenses from all maps and start from scratch.
  • Options
    Not sure if the main 3 Panel screen which shows how many are in each BG (where you can do Join or Spectate, etc) shows how many ppl in a BG “JUST FOR THE CURRENT TIER MAP” you are in ??
    Or if the # of ppl shown on that screen encompasses ALL people across ANY of the 3 potential Tier Maps you have available to place defenders into ??

So, might be a case where someone has placed defenders in either the + or - Tier Map, but NOT into your Current Tier Map ?
    (or more likely, you just moved Up or Down into next Tier Map, and while someone had previously placed into what *was* your current Tier Map, that Tier is NOT your current one anymore. And they had never placed into that former +/- Tier, which is now your Current Tier.)

In which, even though they DON'T have defenders in Current Tier, they still DO count as being part of that BG.

***don't know if the “# of ppl” shown on this screen would include those other people or not.
  • Options
    Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 268 ★★★
    I really dislike the new system. I can see what they were trying to achieve in theory but in practice on a daily basis it's SO MUCH MORE WORK! There are more than 20 steps now that a player has to go thru to make one change in their defensive set.

As for officers??? Jeez...
    The amount of things we have to check and rearrange is massive. We have to keep going back and forth in those maps and the time we also spend having to explain and ask members and remind people to place the correct way feels like we've gone back 9 years in time. Instead of having something that should be much simpler to use at this stage of the game.

I really miss it badly all the years I'd only have to type five words to someone, with a number next to each name. Then I'd check to see if everyone got the node numbers right and that was job done for the month.
    If there was a change needed all I had to do was tell someone: "repleace this champ with that champ pls", and off we'd go. I won't describe the headache it is now compared to that coz after two weeks of offseason I feel like the season will actually be the AW break now.

The old system was way more efficient than what we have now.

And to be a broken record, the fact officers still can't remove people from bgs ourselves is just unbelievable.
  • Options
    Jclark3168Jclark3168 Posts: 75

Not sure if the main 3 Panel screen which shows how many are in each BG (where you can do Join or Spectate, etc) shows how many ppl in a BG “JUST FOR THE CURRENT TIER MAP” you are in ??
    Or if the # of ppl shown on that screen encompasses ALL people across ANY of the 3 potential Tier Maps you have available to place defenders into ??

So, might be a case where someone has placed defenders in either the + or - Tier Map, but NOT into your Current Tier Map ?
    (or more likely, you just moved Up or Down into next Tier Map, and while someone had previously placed into what *was* your current Tier Map, that Tier is NOT your current one anymore. And they had never placed into that former +/- Tier, which is now your Current Tier.)

In which, even though they DON'T have defenders in Current Tier, they still DO count as being part of that BG.

***don't know if the “# of ppl” shown on this screen would include those other people or not.

You were correct. Thank you! I just wish as an officer I had the ability to remove someone from a BG. We’re not all on Line or another app so it’s really tough having to explain how to remove defenders in game chat when no one knows what to do. Appreciate all the help though!
  • Options
    (expanding this line of thought)

Wondering what happens in such case that you ONLY placed defense in “Current Tier”.
    Then when Alliance jumps up a Tier, your defenders are only in the “Down” Tier potential (still, locked into that BG).
    (or, you had placed in all tiers, but then move up 3 Tiers instead of just moving up 2 Tiers as below)

**But, now you jump up ANOTHER TIER (so have moved up 2 Tiers total since originally placing in just original Current, at that time, Tier)
    Now, technically, you don’t have ANY defenders in ANY potential Tier of the 3 Tiers available to place in.

**What is your current status then ?
    Are you still locked into that BG, even without any defenders placed in any of the 3 potential Tiers then available to you ?
    As in, does it keep track internally that you still have some Defenders placed in a Tier that is 2 Tiers away from Current (and so NOT visible anywhere) ?
    And that if you then move BACK DOWN a Tier, does it pull back in those internally-kept defenders that had for a while not been visible anywhere ?

Or, when you move Up or Down a Tier, does your Defenders in that “now-unavailable” Tier basically “fall off the grid” permanently, as if you had never placed them in that Tier that is now unavailable ?
  • Options
    SummonerNR has a good point there. Who have placed in BG1 earlier, only they can place in the current maps.

Removing members from maps by officers isn't available yet, hopefully that ability is released soon. You will have to ask the original members who placed in BG1 to place their defender in all the tier maps available.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★

SummonerNR has a good point there. Who have placed in BG1 earlier, only they can place in the current maps.

Removing members from maps by officers isn't available yet, hopefully that ability is released soon. You will have to ask the original members who placed in BG1 to place their defender in all the tier maps available.

Unless I am mistaken - they have to do this in the small matchmaking window. Otherwise, it deems them part of the battle group and can’t leave. This even occurs if you aren’t enlisted and aren’t in a war.

I have been trying to swap two members to even out our groups - but they never log in at the right times.

• Options
    My hypothesis here was specific to the case where your Ally has now jumped up multiple Tier Map levels, so that now you have jumped above ANY of your originally committed/placed potential defensive Tier Maps.

Are you still locked into that BG, even though you don’t have ANY defenders, in ANY of the now-available 3-potential Tier Maps ??
    There would be NOTHING to indicate that you are indeed still part of that BG, after having jumped up several Tier Map levels (and not having gone back in and updated your defense at any point along the way).

And whether the # of players shown on the main 3-BG Panel screen would still include you in the “ # of 10 “ indicator for your original BG ?

**Note to Kabam, when further software changes are made to Persistent Placement, could you add that when you jump up in Tier Map, that the game automatically (by default, for an initial starting point) pull in the same 5 defenders from your “previously Up” Tier, into the “now Up” Tier, for all 10 players in each BG. In case they move up again (up to a 2nd tier above) in short time, there wouldn’t be a mostly empty map from people forgetting to go in and add more defenders for multiple new Tiers.