Options

Paragon calendar rewards are just sad and a joke. Y'all can keep these lol

2»

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,465 ★★★★★

Paragon was launched a long time ago and is aimed at people who have 3x Rank 4 6*s, my guess is you’re pretty far beyond that, so why is it a surprise that it’s not aimed at you anymore?

This is why we’re getting a new progression title. We don’t need to update the old one, and those sorts of progression based rewards have pretty much never been updated.

This is exactly what someone who's entitled and thinks everyone will either be able to complete Necropolis like him or spend hundreds of dollars during Cyberweek and Banquet for the r3 gems would say
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,690 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

These rewards are given to Summoners simply for logging in. Based on that alone, they're never going to be the most lucrative.

As has been pointed out in this thread: The reason they aren't more impactful is because Paragon has a wide range of Summoners with a wide range of needs. If we were to cater to the top Paragon players, we'd flood the new Paragon players with far more than is intended. But as far as rewards for simply opening the game, they're never meant to be super impactful.

To address the title, you're cool if we turn off your account's calendar rewards, then? [wink]

U can do that?
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★

Paragon was launched a long time ago and is aimed at people who have 3x Rank 4 6*s, my guess is you’re pretty far beyond that, so why is it a surprise that it’s not aimed at you anymore?

This is why we’re getting a new progression title. We don’t need to update the old one, and those sorts of progression based rewards have pretty much never been updated.

This is exactly what someone who's entitled and thinks everyone will either be able to complete Necropolis like him or spend hundreds of dollars during Cyberweek and Banquet for the r3 gems would say
    Bro said a whole lot of nothing. Paragon dailies are outdated because the title is soon to be outdated for endgame players. That's literally how the game always progressed.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Bro said a whole lot of nothing. Paragon dailies are outdated because the title is soon to be outdated for endgame players. That's literally how the game always progressed.
    Paragon will be the new TB. That's how it's worked since the inception of them. That's the reason a new Title is being introduced.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,560 ★★★★★
    I usually roll my eyes at these posts...but yeah, these are bad. And just wait until you see the side quest...
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,
    These rewards are given to Summoners simply for logging in. Based on that alone, they're never going to be the most lucrative.

Yeah these rewards are just for logging in, but rewards at other Paragon related events aren’t better either.
    Why objective crystals for Paragons are still Cavalier ones?
    Why Paragons still have TB sigil gold quest?
    The list can go on for many things that are not Paragon related in the game.
    With the new title dropping soon is a good chance to update any Paragon outdated stuff in the game, to keep Paragon accounts somewhat relevant to the endgame.

• Options

Zuro said:

Paragon will be the new TB. That's how it's worked since the inception of them. That's the reason a new Title is being introduced.
    Yeah that's what I meant albeit in a harsher way lol
  • Options
    Zuro said:

First off, nobody here is talking about Paragon daily crystals, don't put words in my mouth lol.
    Second, assuming every single endgame player will 100% Necropolis (because you can) or whale out on the deals therefore useless calendar rewards are fine, is entitlement. How long do you think people will have to wait until that title is accessible for all Paragon players realistically? I'm not even saying locking the title behind deals and Everest content is a bad idea cause it's not, they should however update some things cause these calendar rewards and others are terrible for anyone regardless of them being endgame player or new Paragon.
    Lastly, as someone else already mentioned, this isn't just about these calendar rewards. Did you see the rewards in the SQ this week for Paragon? It's actually laughable. Paragon objective crystals? Nope they're the same as Cav. The list goes on.
  • Options

Zuro said:

First off, nobody here is talking about Paragon daily crystals, don't put words in my mouth lol.
    Second, assuming every single endgame player will 100% Necropolis (because you can) or whale out on the deals therefore useless calendar rewards are fine, is entitlement. How long do you think people will have to wait until that title is accessible for all Paragon players realistically? I'm not even saying locking the title behind deals and Everest content is a bad idea cause it's not, they should however update some things cause these calendar rewards and others are terrible for anyone regardless of them being endgame player or new Paragon.
    Lastly, as someone else already mentioned, this isn't just about these calendar rewards. Did you see the rewards in the SQ this week for Paragon? It's actually laughable. Paragon objective crystals? Nope they're the same as Cav. The list goes on.
    I said dailies as in daily calendar rewards although I could've translated it better, but my point still stands. Secondly, no one said you had to become Valiant day one as I dont plan to either, especially considering paragon wasn't available for non-whales at day one either. People are simply saying that the daily rewards feel outdated because we are long overdue for a new profession title and Valiant offers that. Before Paragon came out, people were asking for a better thronebreaker rewards it's a never ending cycle that stems for this game's progression loop. These rewards in SQ and such are a different issue though, as that actually requires time and effort so I could see why someone would be underwhelmed by them.
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

I said dailies as in daily calendar rewards although I could've translated it better, but my point still stands. Secondly, no one said you had to become Valiant day one as I dont plan to either, especially considering paragon wasn't available for non-whales at day one either. People are simply saying that the daily rewards feel outdated because we are long overdue for a new profession title and Valiant offers that. Before Paragon came out, people were asking for a better thronebreaker rewards it's a never ending cycle that stems for this game's progression loop. These rewards in SQ and such are a different issue though, as that actually requires time and effort so I could see why someone would be underwhelmed by them.
    Again, those Paragon calendar rewards are terrible even for a new Paragon, not just endgame players.
    That's fine, I don't think it should be available on day one either but if they want to take the game in this direction where most people have to wait months to even get the title, then they should be updating rewards for other progressions cause some of them are just straight up useless. It's one thing to have rewards that are outdated for endgame players only and another to have rewards that are completely useless regardless of whether you just got Paragon or you've been Paragon for more than a year.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I’m not expecting to be Valiant before Spring next year - that’s when 8.4 comes out for the other R3 champion. I’m not spending very much on cyber weekend or banquet, or even the game in general - it turns out that flying out to Vancouver for the brawl takes a lot of the game budget that I have.

I will likely be able to get one or two paths done by that time. I am not saying this because I am going to be a day 1, or even day 100 Valiant unless things get pretty easy via non-spending avenues.

This is not a “pulling up the ladder after myself” situation. This is a “the game has always worked this way for a reason” situation.

If you’d like to speak about this in good faith, I’d be interested to.
  • Options

You can offer whatever suggestions you like, but if you're just opening Threads to be non-constructive, then they may be shut down.

Summoners have been constructive before, yet trash rewards like this are still put in the game for higher level players, and Valiant will likely be no different. This is a recurring problem with Kabam.

How many times do we have to be "constructive" in order to be heard about these underwhelming rewards? It's time that Kabam simply does better. If the rewards are good, or at least decent, instead of paltry like this, there'd be no need for these types of threads period.
    You have been heard. Being heard does not mean Kabam has to obey your commands.

The calendar rewards are literally rewards for doing nothing except signing in. They are balanced around the level of effort and engagement required to achieve them, and their long term value. Calendar rewards are balanced around players collecting them for months at a time.

Increasing the calendar rewards has knockdown effects. They depreciate all other rewards that take more effort to achieve. Increasing them puts pressure on all other rewards to also increase. It exhausts the reward budget for all players capable of earning them. And it subsequently increases reward inflation, which also accelerates resource progression. This has long term consequences in how the game economy works in the long run, and affects everything from the progression ladder to the F2P/spending balance to the new player experience.

Sure, the calendar rewards are not spectacular, but they aren't intended to be. The rewards are intended for a specific purpose, and I think they are set reasonably for that purpose. And while players complain about them constantly, players complain about all rewards constantly, and honestly that's a good thing. If no one was complaining about the rewards, that would be a sign they were vastly too high.

It is an unpopular opinion that game rewards should be measured, and not the buffet line in Vegas. But the economy designers of the game understand that a properly balanced game economy is going to have its detractors. People wanting more rewards than the game provides is a feature, not a bug.