**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unavoidable damage

2»

Comments

• Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I loved fighting 2 Electros in 5.2.4 caltrops path. Didn't bring black widow or Xbones..lol. That cost a couple revives. Btw there won't be a 5 or 6* Electro for some reason. Actually sort of disappointed in that actually. He has a great synergy with Doc Oc. It would be nice if they made synergy champs available of the same star rating.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    This does just point out though that this game is really A LOT about the champs you have and not just SKILLZ as many would claim. You can have all the skills in the world but without the right champs with the right abilities often requiring to be duped for, you are going to use a bunch of revives and potions when not able to avoid certain nodes and damage.
    I swear if I hear one more time, "IT'S REALLY EASY, I just used my 5* duped Star Lord...."
    That doesn't make it easy, that makes it easy for YOU.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    @_ASDF_

This is ridiculous in the sense that If there was a kabam game genie I'd know about it and have one! Although I guess technically that's what cheating apps are......nevermind.
    Anyway +1 points for mentioning a game genie.
  • Options
    CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    I don't get anything about this thread.....
    But when u want more powerful attackers in game then why not u accept that if we want powerful attacker there will be powerful defender also to balance the powerful attacker .. ... Without unavoidable damage/power gain defender champions can't become powerful defender.... Who can be countered by specific champ.....
    There r very few champ who have unavoidable champs ... that's why there r few champion who can counter them as attacker. ..
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    There were a few instances in A5 with unavoidable damage, but overall it has been pretty decent.

Some of the worst ones are dormammu, iceman, and punisher. Especially in 5.3 they are brutal.

Dorm and punisher don't have any unavoidable damage. I get that some people want to fight only a colossus with no power gain, easy to avoid specials, and no abilities, but that would be boring

Not all of us have r4 5* magiks. Yeah I could do it with my 4* but in 5.3 those fights take over 200 hits with the weakness on. Either way you're taking damage.

I'm not advocating making every fight colossus. I just think throwing punisher on a rolling thunder node on a map where you have to use science champs to be an unnecessary item sink.

I've 100% 5.2 and 5.3 with no units spent so I'm not just talking out of my ass.
  • Options
    FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    There were a few instances in A5 with unavoidable damage, but overall it has been pretty decent.

Some of the worst ones are dormammu, iceman, and punisher. Especially in 5.3 they are brutal.

Dorm and punisher don't have any unavoidable damage. I get that some people want to fight only a colossus with no power gain, easy to avoid specials, and no abilities, but that would be boring

I’m a noob, so enlighten me how Dorm doesn’t have unavoidable damage? Really curious here 🤔

If you have Magik, you can lock him down and never take degen. There's no MD in story mode so it's not much of an issue. In 5.3, a 5/50 Magik could take him without any issues and take minimal damage even with 50% reduced attack.

Dorms degen isn't caused by his power meter. Dorm degens you when your buffs expire. Your advice to use magik won't work.
  • Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Completely agree with OP
    Anything unavoidable isn't a right thing