**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I have an easy fix for the bugs on champions kit interactions, so there you have Kabam

JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
After years and years of playing the game, countless bugs have been ocurring without solution from Kabam, which I can understand if fixing those bugs would bring new ones that would have been even worse, so after a quick thought about it, I just got a solution.

The same way nodes and some abilities from champions kits have some particular interactions with some #hashtags, the way to fix the bugs on some particular interactions also would be easy to fix with those #hashtags, I'll explain myself.

For example, some characters that are able to reduce Archangel's AA like Domino as I read before on other posts, how we can fix this? Easy peezy.

Domino would have an additional text in her kit that would say something like: " #AAImmune are not affected by this", the same way Elsa Bloodstone has it for Mutants degen-wise if she suffers from a bleeding debuff.

This way you would fix this strange buggy interactions with some additional tags on the characters that are affected by them.

If some are kinda generic like AA-wise, you can use a generic tag like I said before, if some are champion specific, that only happen to a certain champions but not to other ones even if they have similar kits, you can just make a champion specific tag like #Archangel per example.

I think this way you could fix the interactions some nodes and champion kits have bugged with certain matchups, I dont think this needs that much time nor work to make it happen, so tell me what do you think my Kabam fams @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax

I dont know if you guys already tried this but, I think it could work.

Comments

• Options
    ahmynuts said:

There is absolutely no way you think adding some text to every champion would actually do anything. They would still need to code and fix all of the interactions going on lol. You cant just say I'm gonna make a tag called Big Chungus and it immediately does something lmao

Lol, I think its not hard to understand what I meant but Ill explain it on more detail I guess.

The thing is that instead of looking for the part of the code that makes those interactions to not work properly, modify them to work the same way those nodes and kits work, add excluded champions that are recognized with those tags, that way it wont try to apply that part of the kit to that champion.

So instead of trying to apply AA reduction to a champion that shouldnt get his AA reduced, it directly would avoid the interaction by itself since it has the immunity tag
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Jefechuta said:

ahmynuts said:

There is absolutely no way you think adding some text to every champion would actually do anything. They would still need to code and fix all of the interactions going on lol. You cant just say I'm gonna make a tag called Big Chungus and it immediately does something lmao

Lol, I think its not hard to understand what I meant but Ill explain it on more detail I guess.

The thing is that instead of looking for the part of the code that makes those interactions to not work properly, modify them to work the same way those nodes and kits work, add excluded champions that are recognized with those tags, that way it wont try to apply that part of the kit to that champion.

So instead of trying to apply AA reduction to a champion that shouldnt get his AA reduced, it directly would avoid the interaction by itself since it has the immunity tag
    I don't think you know enough about programming to understand how much you don't know about programming.
    You are right, but still, I would like to know why those interactions with Tag exclusions work properly, but those kits that have to interact with each other dont, so with my basic logic about it, I think it would be easier to make them interact the same way so those dont get bugged, maybe I said a very dumb thing, It could be perfectly possible.
  • Options
    I'm assuming that the buggy interactions are working this way:

-Kit A tries to do X thing
    -Kit B tries to avoid it

And Im assuming the tag system works this way:

-Kit A tries to do X thing, if Kit B is #whatever, Kit A=false

And as you said, I dont know much about programming, I started to learn when I had time but had to drop it, but I assumed that this interactions are different from each other, I dont even know in which code is MCOC wrote so
  • Options

My first thought was “props for thinking outside the box” when I thought you were saying “don’t worry about fixing the bugs, just change the kit descriptions to match how it works right now or tag champs that are broken somehow so players know.”

But it seems like you’re suggesting tagging a champ like they do for #xl champs or #villain to get around bugged interactions and that is just not how it works. Someone else may explain it better but the short answer is no, that’s not even a thing.

Yup, I was thinking about how other champs work with Tags like Terrax with Metal champs, Venom with Spiderverse champs, etc.

• Options
    BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Short answer is that very very experienced developers work on this game. If it was so simple, they would have done it a long time ago. And yeah, this isn’t how this works lol
  • Options

Short answer is that very very experienced developers work on this game. If it was so simple, they would have done it a long time ago. And yeah, this isn’t how this works lol

My bad then, I was thinking about it as I explained earlier, that the interaction when there is a Tag included changes the way the code is wrote aswell
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,397 ★★★★★
    If in doubts? Just write it down.
    Glad to see my kindergarten teacher's advice is still running wild, brother.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    I understand what the OP is getting at. They're saying take away the properties from the champ abilities (and by extension the nodes as well) and apply them all through tags. Basically, when you load the fight, you're going to load the tags from the champions and the nodes.

When something happens, you need to then see which tags apply, instead of potentially going through a much longer chain of conditions that are being injected from different parts of the code.

Here's the problem:
    - applying the tagging system might be the least difficult part even if they number into the hundreds or thousands to emulate champ abilities and nodes.
    - undoing the existing code that applies these abilities so that you don't get twice the interaction... that code is probably everywhere.
    - order of execution of the tags. Some tags need to necessarily apply before others. If you have thousands of these, how is easy is it going to be to get it right? How many additional issues are going to arise because the order has changed from how things would happen before. So, then you make another tag to be an "exception" and then another and another. Cries of rank down tickets because a champ doesn't interact how it used to.

I don't think Kabam want this kind of headache, and this is just the tip of a more exhaustive list of challenges.