How Kind Of You Kabam 🫶

KingSamaKingSama Member Posts: 12
edited November 2023 in General Discussion
How Nice of kabam to absolutely tax arena all my 6* R3 champs and up or below get equal Pi fights to govern our points perhaps🤔 what ever it may be it seems to have started recently and its absolutely minimizing my points to the max in this kushala arena I haven't lost single match and all my fights are champs below my pi of the same thanks Kascam for taxing us😁

Comments

• A_FungiA_Fungi Member Posts: 995 ★★★★
    This is a bit of a weird rant... this has been normal arena matching

I do 8 fights with 6 stars (R5, R4 and R3s) , then I only use 7s. I get all milestones in about 45ish fights
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,423 ★★★★★
    I think "taxing" is a translation issue.
  • KingSamaKingSama Member Posts: 12
    @A_Fungi so you don't see how this is different usually you can be doing fights with r3 6*s and get put against 7*s and get at least 100k points a match and happens more then often but now every fight is the exact same as my own champs pi the only people who benefit from playing arenas for a champ are whales with huge rosters so I'm saying kabam is doing something wrong with the arena algorithm it's not that there purposely making it way easier for whales It's just that there making gaining points way harder for smaller rosters
    @Colinwhitworth69 they are taxing are points or do you not know what taxing is?
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Member Posts: 995 ★★★★
    KingSama said:

@A_Fungi so you don't see how this is different usually you can be doing fights with r3 6*s and get put against 7*s and get at least 100k points a match and happens more then often but now every fight is the exact same as my own champs pi the only people who benefit from playing arenas for a champ are whales with huge rosters so I'm saying kabam is doing something wrong with the arena algorithm it's not that there purposely making it way easier for whales It's just that there making gaining points way harder for smaller rosters

You don't usually get put against those harder champs once you get passed a certain amount of matches man. It tapers off into what you are facing now.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,399 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    I don't think you know what taxing means. Like what is kabam going to do with the points they taxed? Invest in crypto ?
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,083 ★★★
    So the new algorithm is favouring big rosters? I thought it used to pick your opponents based on your rank and rarity and not the PI. Maybe it change because there are more rank 2 and rank 3 7* in the community and it is the same algorithm but just one rank down (like if you were using rank 2s or rank 1s last month).
    @xLunatiXx what are u alright buddy 🤣 they simply reduced the higher pi fights and now it's basically every fight is = pi to your team so they've essentially taxed us and we get less points doesn't mean they do anything with those points goof ball
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,433 Guardian
    My man's has never been on the infinite steak before. Bring in your unlevelled r1 6*s and let us know if the PI is still equal
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    So let me summarize … a new arena player with no idea how the matchmaking works thinks they are treating him unfair and complains about it?

You‘re not making friends if you use terms like „Kascam“ and so on here but probably risk extra treatment against your account (bad Forum behavior could affect your ingame account … e.g. Golivarez?).
    @WOLF_LINK no I think it's unfair in general I'm not whining about it because I think kabam is doing it to me I think kabam algorithm in arena that I'd set Is an issue and also no clue who that is and using the term kascam is bad behavior and enough to what ban me? Is free speech not a thing there a multi million dollar company and have time to stop by and ban my account for using the word Kascam?
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    So you're upset that the fights are fair?
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 778 ★★★★
    KingSama said:

As a non-whale arena grinder who still uses r3 for arena, it's not that hard
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    You’re on the 49th streak and is complaining you finally found a match you can’t beat? Poor planning, also those are easy fights why you mad?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    @KingSama put in a lower PI team and you will get a harder match if that's what you want. Arena changes as the player base teams change but they haven't "changed the algorithm" besides which, at no point would a team of rank 3 6*s get you hard fights on round 49. Have you done an infinite streak before? Lose a round if you like and start the cycle over but it won't get you more points
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,342 Guardian
    (1) During infinite streak (when you get past streak of 15, so long as you still use high enough champs to avoid “Death Matches”), you typically face opponents who basically have 1 champ that would be 1 Rank BELOW what 1 of yours is. And the other 2 on both sides would typically be of equal Rank on both sides.

Has been this way forever.
    You never used to get much higher champs than yours across the board. Although *which* of the 3 opponent players you choose to match with also do range in strength (but typically due to lower masteries on up to one with higher masteries)

(2) Your particular comparison of Warlock champs shows yours (even unawakened) at higher Rating that Awakened Warlock of opponent. So that probably means you are running higher Masteries (Bleed/Poison) that increases Rating, and increases your Arena points a little also.
    You happened to pick an opponent with lower masteries (their Awakened lower rated than your UNawakened version).
    That does not mean they are cheating you of points, in fact you are getting higher points because you have higher masteries.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,540 ★★★★

• Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Member Posts: 600 ★★★

That wasn’t actually helpful. Whether you agree with OP or not (I don’t ), it’s clear they are referring to definition number 2. Which is subjective. We may not feel that way. But they do. And the application is accurate based on their perception; as faulty as it is