**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does Kabam have anything to say on this, besides "working as intended"?

raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 522 ★★★
Just came across a video where the AI completely dexing your specials and lot more crazy stuff.
Video links including popular Youtubers for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8GhMgIk7v8&ab_channel=Kaitu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cymXAU0UDHQ&ab_channel=MR_610
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEj9h9xi4w8&ab_channel=SwedeahL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5DqK357a2U&ab_channel=KT1

This is on top of weird things AI had been doing like reading my inputs and then reacting to them, Power Gaining champs being more defensive until they get to Sp3, punishing heavy attacks is not a thing now, AI intercepts with specials. As a player, moments like these can be frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,017 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    If we can do it, so can (and should) the AI.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I believe there was a post about the AI and how it is interacting with the game engine to cause issues that are complicated to manage. In other words they are acutely aware of the problem and are working on it. If it was a neasy fix it would have already been done.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

HONESTLY JUST MAKE THE DAMN AI THROW SPS PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
    >especially stupid dragon man and mordo in AQ for example

Mordo is intended to play very defensive while his power gain is up (even mentioned in his info page), so use a power control or infuriate/taunt champ.
    Dragon man seems to be very defensive if he is above 2 bars of power and power gain buff is active, but he do launch his sp1s easily
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Kabam is refusing to acknowledge that AI is changed, well fair.

They have a section on why it feels different in their post on the AI. Not quite sure where they’re claiming the AI is the same, or the paragraph screenshotted would probably say “it doesn’t”
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

The ai was surpose to be fixed for this months content and it just has not

You should re-read the original post, they have not said that the AI was supposed to be fixed. I'm afraid you've misunderstood it.

They have managed to re-create the AI to act the exact same as it used to, and this is so they can more accurately fix the problems that come up. They haven't ever said that the AI is fixed yet
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    The AI somehow feels worse this month but that might be a placebo effect in my mind with a new system potentially coming.
  • Options
    idlavonidlavon Posts: 34

This! give it at least a constant timer like after a period of time (say 5s) of no contact, the AI will throw SP. Im pretty sure a pleb like me will still get hit from time to time but atleast im certain that they will threw it instead of trying so hard to dance around and getting clapped either way.
  • Options
    Icy000Icy000 Posts: 274 ★★
    i will never forget the day kingpin dexed my iceman's sp1, i have a hard time dexing it myself.
  • Options
    MystGMystG Posts: 32
    LoL the AI is dexing QS sp1 waaayyy better then I ever could :D
  • Options
    raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 522 ★★★
    Swedeah caught another "working as intended" and here's the link:
    https://youtu.be/DZfjwCwgn-M?si=cKU1NuxMu0nurndn

Still after all this the team has no acknowledgement or any word about their game and AI being broken. As if there are no issues and it is intended.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 662 ★★★★
    Kabam seems quite silent on this QS dex xD lol
  • Options
    GizGiz Posts: 137
    Terra said:

If we can do it, so can (and should) the AI.

Yea sure why not….but wish we could recover as fast as the cheating ai lol
  • Options
    ChiiccChiicc Posts: 163

These fights are same as they’ve always been. Seems a skill:counter issue not a ai issue. It’s their defensive as others have also said. You can’t just expect power gain champs to throw special the second they full because you got no counter lmao
  • Options
    Ok, Kabam. If it walks like a duck, etc etc ... then isolate the latest added AQ node conditions, debuffs, strategies, (or whatever you call them) and remove them ... to see if AI (or playability) goes back to the level it should be for the given map. Using the same team i have used for several weeks, i see very noticeably heavier difficulty (esp aggression, hitting thru blocks, overtaking of attkr retreats) this week's AQ map 6. Same Mod's. Do away with node tactics that are fkg up 'perception of AI performance. Very EASY fix.
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 545 ★★★

Swedeah caught another "working as intended" and here's the link:
    https://youtu.be/DZfjwCwgn-M?si=cKU1NuxMu0nurndn

Still after all this the team has no acknowledgement or any word about their game and AI being broken. As if there are no issues and it is intended.

I don't know about the other examples, but I believe this can be explained. Swedeah swiped from the left side of the screen and when he did, he briefly blocked. However, he wasn't really blocking but dashing forward and so the time of the block was so short, the animation didn't pop up. The block, however, still registered with the projectile, and it was perfectly timed to not only register as a block but as a parry, too. I'm sure players with more knowledge could explain this better, so feel free to correct me.