Options

ACT 6 difficulty needs to be lowered

2»

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,160 ★★★★★
    Just imagine trying to fight Mr Sinister when warlock w/Ultron was about the only option.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,558 ★★★★★

Just imagine trying to fight Mr Sinister when warlock w/Ultron was about the only option.

Sike, I did it with 5* Hulkling, Imagine only acces to Fury being sp-2 only.
    Good damage tho, which gets all healed up because Mister Sister is just built different.
  • Options
    mbgibsonmbgibson Posts: 112

I think act 6 difficulty needs to be lowered since u lowered the difficulty for act 4&5 loads of people getting stuck kn a mr sinister boss chapter isnt fun the health doesnt go dowm at all even after 100 hits i know this because ive tried counless times and never beenn able to get past the boss tbh all of act 6 need to be lowered kabam if u read this u lowered act 4&5 when are you going to do act 6 i feel like u should it can make more and more people progress and by that get more and more people interested

You probably aren't running the right team. Run the Heimdall and Angela/Hela syngery and G2099. Dash back and get G2099 the passive fury and it is an easy fight from there. Warlock with Ultron also works. CMM works without syngeries and so does Ghost (long fight, but she gains lot's of furies and you just build them up and cycle SP3).

If none of those sound appealing, share your roster.
  • Options
    AegonTargarуenAegonTargarуen Posts: 47
    edited November 2023
    I know act 6 is hard but it shouldn't be lowered, it's a place that helps players strengthen their skills. Besides, 5r5 and 6r3, even 6r4 champs are very common nowadays so it's so much easier than it used to be
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,563 ★★★★★

I never fought it, but I think old Abom vs Mysterio was another niche fight.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Sike, I did it with 5* Hulkling, Imagine only acces to Fury being sp-2 only.
    Good damage tho, which gets all healed up because Mister Sister is just built different.
    Imagine doing it with a 5* R3 Hulk pre-buff because he was literally your best option and hoping for a stun-lock to do as much damage as possible.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,455 ★★★★

I think act 6 difficulty needs to be lowered since u lowered the difficulty for act 4&5 loads of people getting stuck kn a mr sinister boss chapter isnt fun the health doesnt go dowm at all even after 100 hits i know this because ive tried counless times and never beenn able to get past the boss tbh all of act 6 need to be lowered kabam if u read this u lowered act 4&5 when are you going to do act 6 i feel like u should it can make more and more people progress and by that get more and more people interested

1) try harder

2) see above

3) read nodes

Enjoy.
  • Options
    Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 153 ★★
    I haven't read ANY responses yet. But i can imagine. Act 6 had been nerfed a couple times already over the past 18 to 24 months or so.

Act 6 you needed to plan your paths wisely and sometimes you had to have 1 or 2 specific champs. They removed all the class gates and nerfed the boss fights hard.

Think of it like this:

3 years ago, we had a cold can of Coke poured in a cup of ice. It was full flavored.

18 months ago act 6 got nerfed. That coke you got from McDonald's were the mixture was slightly off. And it has been sitting in your car for 20 minutes.

About a year ago they nerfed it to what essentially is that same McDonald's coke you got for lunch but it is now 9pm. Extremely watered down gross. There's a slight taste of coke flavor but it doesn't hit anywhere nearly as hard as before.

• Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    User error.
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    This game is too easy, lower tier players get access to 6 star champs and rank up materials way too easy. They brute force their way through content and don’t learn to play this game properly.

We (players who play for many years), had to read nodes, think of counters and read champ abilities. Nowadays you can just slap your way through it, we had a tough time but learned to play the game.

It’s good if you also have to do that
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,033 ★★★★
    Omedenn said:

This game is too easy, lower tier players get access to 6 star champs and rank up materials way too easy. They brute force their way through content and don’t learn to play this game properly.

We (players who play for many years), had to read nodes, think of counters and read champ abilities. Nowadays you can just slap your way through it, we had a tough time but learned to play the game.

It’s good if you also have to do that

Read my comment above urs, it illustrates what u said
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,279 ★★★★★
    Icy000 said:

kabam should have not nerfed act 6 in the first place.

Well this I don't agree with.
    I will admit that it's somewhat out-of-place at this point among the other changes, I don't know if changing it further is an option they would consider. They might. I can't speak for their goals.
    I think there is something to be said for continuity, and it does seem much harder in the flow, but I also think that so many Players have overcome it at this point I'm not sure if it's worth revisiting.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,074 ★★★★★
    Lol I had to run the quest twice my first time because I didn’t understand the nodes on my first read. I planned on Quaking it (don’t remember if she was r3 or r4 at the time. Probably r4?), as was my solution to all things when Act 6 first released. Finished my path, started the fight, spent several minutes to get like 10% damage on him, then quit out and came back with the Heimdall synergy I needed to give Quake a fury. Easy money from there.

Since then, I always read the boss nodes before I start in on a new quest. Everybody’s gotta learn their lesson that some fights can’t be unit manned, and that’s a good thing.
  • Options
    NoahSansmanNoahSansman Posts: 28

I agree 100%.

The difficulty needs lowering and some of the nodes taken out, as well as the rewards being buffed.

The difference in difficulty between acts 5 and 6 is a shock to the system, especially since they nerfed 5.

The player needs to pick up skills at some point, no matter what there will be a stump in difficulty. If kabam nerfs act 6 then you'll want them to nerf act 7
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,168 ★★★★★
    It's different seeing someone else go behind bars when you've been there yourself. Truly an experience of all time
  • Options

I agree 100%.

The difficulty needs lowering and some of the nodes taken out, as well as the rewards being buffed.

The difference in difficulty between acts 5 and 6 is a shock to the system, especially since they nerfed 5.

The difference in difficulty between Act 5 and Act 6 is a shock to some players because Act 6 is not just linearly more difficult than Act 5, it is difficult in a completely different way. Act 6 emphasizes more complex nodes, more situational fights that require different tactics. You need to rethink how you approach the content in order to go from Act 5 to Act 6.

The same shift happens between Act 6 and Act 7. Act 7 leans more on what Kabam calls "RPG-like" fights with roster checks and counter abilities. As Act 5 is to Act 6, Act 6 is to Act 7. Veteran players who made the adjustment to Act 6 tend to find Act 7 to be if anything easier than Act 6, because they aren't struggling with the shift in strategic thinking. But for players who struggled with changing mindset for Act 6 and are looking for ways to either bash through the content or cheese it mindlessly with the right counter, Act 7 would be an even higher plateau of difficulty.

Players have to learn this eventually, and not just deal with it. Act 6 is substantially more difficult than Act 5, but in terms of learning the way all future content is evolving towards, Act 6 is really still relatively simple content. If a player can't deal with Act 6, they simply won't be prepared to deal with Act 7+, or all the future challenge content that will likely be soft gating progress in the future.
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,062 ★★★★
    Git gud, ask tips, build roster.

PS: Dont come back wailing for 6.2.6
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,563 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

It's different seeing someone else go behind bars when you've been there yourself. Truly an experience of all time

We got a well-deserved double!
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get the hell over it
  • Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 198 ★★
    NOOB alert!!
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,350 ★★★★★
    I completely blame the mcoc playerbase for this one.
    We cried a lot about pre nerf act 5& act 6
    And we have this ****
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Act 6 needs to be buffed reward-wise, since Act 5 gives very very very similar rewards if not better, but difficulty wise is pretty much good, sadly had to play pre-nerf Act 6, and without much counters, Mr. Sinister and Medusa were the worst bosses by far, I had to use just revives and revives to be able to fight them, nowadays its WAY easier to do since we have a lot of new counters for old nodes.
  • Options
    FuneralMistFuneralMist Posts: 96 ★★
    Wait till you face the Grand Master.. you'll uninstall the game lol
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,361 ★★★★

I feel like you have to be trolling but just in case you’re not…

Act 6 is where you need to read nodes and learn the champs to figure out who in your roster can handle a given node/defender combo. You need to develop that skill and knowledge as some point for the game to be able to get more complex.

If you can’t figure out that you need to bring a champ that doesn’t crit or a champ that can control his regen for that Mr. Sinister boss then you aren’t ready to progress in the game yet. Learn the champs, read the nodes, or just google “mcoc 6.x.x east path” or “mcoc mr sinister boss” or “mcoc 6.2.2 Mr sinister” to get a ton of info on how to approach that fight or any boss fight you get stuck on.

For 6.2.2 I used guillotine 2099 because she doesn’t crit so he doesn’t regen and she’s immune to poison. If you bring heimdall and Angela or Hela you can use their synergy to get a fury on g2099. From there it’s an easy fight. There are other options for that fight now that didn’t exist when it came out. Omega sentinel seems like a good option with the heimdall/angela synergy also. Or warlock works but didn't have him at the time.

So no, it the difficulty doesn’t need to go down. Your gameplay and roster needs to improve.

In the future, if you come here asking for help when you’re stuck, you’ll get it. If you come here complaining it’s too hard and saying it needs to be nerfed it’s not going to go over well.

I appreciate your response as you respond reasonably to the OP. It is true we all must learn to work on our skill level, read nodes to understand the fight.

We also as a community need to learn to better communicate with one another. If you disagree with something someone posts don't respond in a rude, inappropriate fashion using an emotional knee jerk response, but instead respond in a calm, reasonable fashion.
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

Wait till you face the Grand Master.. you'll uninstall the game lol

We can only hope