What's your day job/career/dream job? Let's get to know some of the players in the MCOC Community

124»

Comments

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,203 ★★★★★

my dream job would be show runner on a Marvel UK based MCU Disney Plus series. That or show runner/head writer on a Captain America animated series.

Or writer on a Star Wars: Rogue Squadron movie.

@Sundance_2099 this is awesome and one hell of a dream job that I hope you get!! Some Marvel stuff has filmed in the UK, and more will film there. Stay ready! Have you contacted Marvel?
    I don't have a single professional writing credit to my name. I'd stand more chance of becoming Prime Minister.
  • Luke9523Luke9523 Member Posts: 945 ★★★
    edited November 2023
    Typhoon said:

Luke9523 said:

I'm ex-Army (as of a few months ago). Now, I work in the private sector in the Satellite Communications and Technology industry.

thank you for your service
    I can tell you're American 🤣 Most people from the UK don't really care that much about military veterans.

But thank you kindly. 👍👍
  • Soumemiakas1926Soumemiakas1926 Member Posts: 352 ★★★
    Biochemist - Biotechnologist
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,936 ★★★★★
    BabyMiike said:

My dream is to happy again

• Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
    I want to be a politician as my dream is to sit around and do nothing all day.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,396 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

xLunatiXx said:

Typhoon said:

I am a licensed hydrogeologist

That's cool !
    I got a master degree in hydrogeology.
    It was kinda hard to find a job in my country in that field and life is what it is but I'm still working with water related issues, water infiltration through road pavements and new materials to bring back the water cycle inside a big city.
    Fantastic - I also got a masters in hydrogeology. I'm not sure what country you're from, but in the United States where I am employed, environmental consultants are needed for just about any commercial/industrial property transaction. One thing that drew me to geology in general was all the different avenues you can apply your practice.

Your work sounds very fascinating with water infiltration and restoration of the water cycle (assuming goal here is to increase net infiltration to groundwater due to abundance of capped surfaces in the city). What kind of materials are you finding success for roads?
    I'm not familiar with technical names in English so I apologize, currently working in Belgium, I'm french.

You're right, increasing net infiltration due to capped surface ever growing, sewage system old and not designed for current water flow, reduce urban heat island effect, biodiversity to some extent.
    First option, whenever possible is always bringing the green back, removing capped surface. Like swale, sorry if that's not the name, or U or V shape green planted areas. Rain gardens.
    We're just starting all of this so still unsure what's really working or not, specially when you have to take other aspects into consideration such as mobility, lack of space, parking pressure etc, European cities are way more packed and hard to renovate the most efficient way.
    Trying paved stones with open joints, with grass or not, pervious concrete, pervious asphalte, all above a 20/60 (rock diameter) 60cm thick rock mix foundation (similar to train tracks I'd say). Maintenance can be hard and not wanted and politics not so adventurous which is understandable, so we can also use classic asphalte but with road drains not connected to the sewage system but directly to the 20/60 foundation.
    Other cities are innovating and we're trying to gather the most informations and experience on our side as well.

Quite a new field but very interesting.
  • EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Member Posts: 325
    I live in a fabric domicile under a concrete river crossing, and I am a professional refuse sorter and collector.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,776 ★★★★★

I've been told I work for Kabam.

Saaame bestie😍
    Don't forget that meeting with Jax and Miike in Miike's office.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,705 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023

my dream job would be show runner on a Marvel UK based MCU Disney Plus series. That or show runner/head writer on a Captain America animated series.

Or writer on a Star Wars: Rogue Squadron movie.

@Sundance_2099 this is awesome and one hell of a dream job that I hope you get!! Some Marvel stuff has filmed in the UK, and more will film there. Stay ready! Have you contacted Marvel?
    I don't have a single professional writing credit to my name. I'd stand more chance of becoming Prime Minister.
    @Sundance_2099 Not really. You can contact them to let them know what you want to do, and see where it goes from there. Ask them about internship or jobs. Marvel has a production office, job openings, and tv shows in the UK. My advice, if you haven't already, is find a way to get connect with them. Since they're filming some things there, try to get on set as a background actor. That's a good start and will get your foot in the door for networking opportunities. Or you might be able to try working on set as a production assistant. That can get you in also, then you can inquire about writing for them. If it doesn't happen immediately, do something to stay on their radar. Also take some film/tv writing classes. That can link you with others who may have the same goal.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction!!!

Here's a link to Marvel/Disney careers

https://jobs.disneycareers.com/business/custom_fields.industrycustomfield/marvel studios/391-28648/5
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    Biochem research. Currently studying
    Kerneas said:

Awesome. How is it going?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,187 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    College student. I'm unemployed
  • KontestmanKontestman Member Posts: 276 ★★
    I’m planning on being a doctor most likely General practitioner
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Quite good I'd say. Study-wise no problems. Also being in lab as much as possible, to get experience and (more importantly) data for my thesis. Doesn't leave too much time for mcoc tho...
    Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

Quite good I'd say. Study-wise no problems. Also being in lab as much as possible, to get experience and (more importantly) data for my thesis. Doesn't leave too much time for mcoc tho...
    That sounds awesome and very rewarding! What do you hope to do with that degree?