Options

If you don't want us farming paths. Fix apothecary.

PandingoPandingo Posts: 751 ★★★
edited November 2023 in General Discussion
It's just not viable for anybody above uncollected. We use the energy to farm the paths. We use energy refills to replenish for farming. So we are still using resources to get resources. I don't think ANYBODY who farms isn't spending enough screen time on the game which is what a developer wants. So enough with the silent nerfs. Either make apothecary a viable option or leave the farming alone. So frustrating. I don't ever 'horde stock pile' but when event quest is done, all story's are done, and bgs energy use rewards are garbage I don't see what else to do with my energy. Just let us play the dang game man. Also, can we talk about incursion reward rotation? How about upping that a little. I play for a day or two then wait what....a month for the next season?

Comments

• Options
    Heruzu369Heruzu369 Posts: 94
    Heruzu369 said:

DNA3000 said:

Pandingo said:

It's just not viable for anybody above uncollected.

You can stockpile 30-40 L1 revives from the Apothecary, which for a lot of players is like one third to half a Necropolis run. I would say that makes the Apothecary a viable source for valuable revives.

When you combine that with farming L2 revives from 22 hour events, you can amass between 70 and 80 revives in inventory and stash. For a lot of players that is most or all of the revives necessary for a Necropolis completion run. How much more revives do you feel the game should specifically allow you to stockpile in-game? 100? 200?
    It feels disingenuous to throw out maximums without clarifying how long it’ll realistically take to achieve. To achieve 30-40 L1Revives, takes at the bare minimum 4 to 6 weeks to amass. The 30-40 extra l2 revives would take also at the bare minimum of 4-5 weeks of consistent event grinding(every event) to achieve.
    I’m just being a neutral devil advocate here. All the information is more important than half of it.
    Of course a player can do both of these concurrently too, so someone super serious about revive farming can potentially/theoretically obtain 80 revives over the span of a month and a half
  • Options
    Pandingo said:

DNA3000 said:

Pandingo said:

You can stockpile 30-40 L1 revives from the Apothecary, which for a lot of players is like one third to half a Necropolis run. I would say that makes the Apothecary a viable source for valuable revives.

When you combine that with farming L2 revives from 22 hour events, you can amass between 70 and 80 revives in inventory and stash. For a lot of players that is most or all of the revives necessary for a Necropolis completion run. How much more revives do you feel the game should specifically allow you to stockpile in-game? 100? 200?
    Idk if you and I are playing different apothecaries but that is not my experience
    I feel you brother, but yeah technically if you’re doing apothecary exploration and every 22hr event you get two revives a day.
  • Options
    With the 2 revives a day, you can see how I got my math and estimations
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,576 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

Pandingo said:

If Kabam wants to keep implementing die-now mechanics then yes they should let us stockpile at least that much.

Remove those mechanics and no one would be complaining
    Necropolis doesn't have a die now mechanic though. You can still play around it when you run out of charges, just got to deal with some power gain (which Chavez can probably reverse) and unblockable attacks and root during special.
    I mean, root + unblockable attacks is almost a death, unless one can dex every hits of specials and something something.
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 460 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Pandingo said:

One third of a run.....dayum who’s using more than 80 revs?
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 846 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

Pandingo said:

If Kabam wants to keep implementing die-now mechanics then yes they should let us stockpile at least that much.

Necropolis doesn't have a die now mechanic though. You can still play around it when you run out of charges, just got to deal with some power gain (which Chavez can probably reverse) and unblockable attacks and root during special.
    Pretty sure the power gain is unaffected by any power manipulation, but yes agree that you can definitely play around the unblockable and power gain when at 0 charges. It’s not like abyss and labyrinth and it’s not any form of ‘die now’. Just makes the fight more difficult and skill intensive due to constant unblockable combined with the root, and wanting to stay close to limit power gain.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,510 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

Pandingo said:

I mean, root + unblockable attacks is almost a death, unless one can dex every hits of specials and something something.
    So it's a skill issue and not a die now mechanic. Thank you for clarifying.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,280 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

PT_99 said:

Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

Pandingo said:

For the majority of players this combination is a die now mechanic, against defenders with hard to dex or prolonged specials.
    Saying that people have skill issues, because they can't play like MSD, Swedeah or other skilled YouTubers sounds kinda offensive.
    That's like saying, because Necropolis GM can be soloed, whoever can't do that has skill issues.
    Yes, for the extremely skilled players it's not a die now mechanic, but for the rest most likely it is.
    That much was forewarned. They indicated that in the Live videos. It's meant to be very hard.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,576 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Greekhit said:

PT_99 said:

Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

Pandingo said:

For the majority of players this combination is a die now mechanic, against defenders with hard to dex or prolonged specials.
    Saying that people have skill issues, because they can't play like MSD, Swedeah or other skilled YouTubers sounds kinda offensive.
    That's like saying, because Necropolis GM can be soloed, whoever can't do that has skill issues.
    Yes, for the extremely skilled players it's not a die now mechanic, but for the rest most likely it is.
    Some forums members often compare youtuber skills with others instead of comparing their own with others, but it makes for good jokes so whatever xD

He also has a private profile on top of that 😀
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,258 ★★★★
    Heruzu369 said:

DNA3000 said:

Pandingo said:

It feels disingenuous to throw out maximums without clarifying how long it’ll realistically take to achieve. To achieve 30-40 L1Revives, takes at the bare minimum 4 to 6 weeks to amass. The 30-40 extra l2 revives would take also at the bare minimum of 4-5 weeks of consistent event grinding(every event) to achieve.
    I’m just being a neutral devil advocate here. All the information is more important than half of it.
    This this this. For someone like myself who did the path with 45 revives but then needed 50 more for the grandmaster (don't judge me) the apothecary just doesn't feel enough. Especially when it takes almost a month and a half to stockpile everything, to then fall short.

For me this means that with only the apothecary I should also play arena for units and expect to do a run at most every month and a half. This is 9 months for six runs, which feels way too slow. Rewards won't be outdated by then, but certainly already a bit undervalued. Maybe I'm asking for too much or maybe I sound entitled, but it just feels slow to farm.