**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

About Revives farming

two considerations regarding the collection of revives in the game aka farming for kabam:

first of all there has always existed in any type of game released up to now a way (cumbersome and long) to collect revives (let's call it farming) for FTPs, removing this possibility I think is counterproductive for the economy of the game, not all players they spend money in the game and I also think they are the majority.
this could drive away various casual and new players, but also veterans, there is nothing left for free so you might as well pay for it.

progress in the game for some contents is strongly linked to revives, see abyss of legends, necropolis and some contents of the Carina missions and the farming operation takes a long time, not everyone does it and those who do face the best contents and if enjoys them fully, I think it's greedy of kabam to only use the units to move forward in this content.

I also think that the incidence of finding revives in the game should definitely be changed but not removed completely, what will be the next step? remove units from arenas because there are players who don't buy them and spend hours and hours farming them in the arena?

I don't understand the meaning of this decision, I don't think I've read that the game doesn't earn enough money, I read other numbers from the statistics, and they are impressive especially during paid events such as banquets or black fridays.

I seriously hope that you have taken into consideration all the consequences that this decision can bring, there is an old proverb that quotes:
Don't bite the hand that feeds you

my best regards

Henry

Comments

• Options
    Hen4yHen4y Posts: 25

"Progress in the game" was never linked, in any way, to everest-type of content. Unless you want their rewards at the very same time of release, that is. Completion and exploration of these events can be absolutely free of actual money, if you take your time to build up your roster, farm both units and revives through the available in-game means.

There is a reason this type of events are permanent. In particular, the Necropolis rewards will be relevant for an even further time than those of the Abyss were.

do you think this is true? the progress of the title has been linked to this type content for one year…. and if they remove farming unit and revive how do you do it? It's true what you said but only until January 15th
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    ahmynuts said:

Hen4y said:

"Progress in the game" was never linked, in any way, to everest-type of content. Unless you want their rewards at the very same time of release, that is. Completion and exploration of these events can be absolutely free of actual money, if you take your time to build up your roster, farm both units and revives through the available in-game means.

There is a reason this type of events are permanent. In particular, the Necropolis rewards will be relevant for an even further time than those of the Abyss were.

do you think this is true? the progress of the title has been linked to this type content for one year…. and if they remove farming unit and revive how do you do it? It's true what you said but only until January 15th
    Whether you think it's true or not doesn't change the fact that it is true. You don't HAVE to do necropolis unless you want Valiant right now. Wait some time and you'll get it without it
    I have already explored, this is a general consideration
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    If people want to be impulsive and grind out Everest content right away, this will absolutely impact this.

You can absolutely get 2 revives a day (individual milestone and the quest)

If you grind some arena and do easier EQ, you can get over 200 units a day.

The possibilities are still there, just slows down how soon you can tackle this content and you will likely need to tap into your units a bit more often than usual

Does it suck... YES

But we will not be completely out of it
  • Options
    A_Fungi said:

If people want to be impulsive and grind out Everest content right away, this will absolutely impact this.

The possibilities are still there, just slows down how soon you can tackle this content and you will likely need to tap into your units a bit more often than usual

Does it suck... YES

the main problem is the duration of revives expiring outside the inventory and the inventory itself..... by removing the possibility of farming and taking only two revives per day you will never have enough revives to be able to complete everest content such as necropolis unless it takes you many days to complete a road if you are left without reviving halfway.... or use units that have a cost, in short it can still be completed from ftp but making the practice very difficult and long valid only for the most stubborn
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    Hen4y said:

A_Fungi said:

Does it suck... YES

the main problem is the duration of revives expiring outside the inventory and the inventory itself..... by removing the possibility of farming and taking only two revives per day you will never have enough revives to be able to complete everest content such as necropolis unless it takes you many days to complete a road if you are left without reviving halfway.... or use units that have a cost, in short it can still be completed from ftp but making the practice very difficult and long valid only for the most stubborn
    I didn't say it was going to be the same as it is now.

I understand that it will take time.

You can still hold about 60 revives before they start expire (bit more actually)

If it costs you more than 60 revives on a path, get those units ready

Again, I don't think it is unreasonable. Everest content shouldn't be for everyone who can repeat act 5 over and over.
  • Options
    Hen4y said:

A_Fungi said:

Does it suck... YES

1. Necropolis is intended to be challenging content. It isn't intended to be something that everyone can do any time soon.

2. An F2P player can stockpile at least 68 L1 and L2 revives, 75 if they do a lot of the 22 hr events and delay claiming them. This is before using units to buy revives, and the game allows even free to play players to earn a significant amount of units during normal game play even if they never enter the arena. You're saying that's not enough revives to complete a Necropolis path for the players that content targets (strong end game players)?

3. Doing Everest content when it first arrives is supposed to be very difficult. It is in fact supposed to be out of reach for all but the strongest players, or the ones that are willing to put in sufficient effort to overcome it.
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 421 ★★★
    Hen4y said:

first of all there has always existed in any type of game released up to now a way (cumbersome and long) to collect revives (let's call it farming) for FTPs

Let's take a look at the history of Revive farming.

From release (December 2014) to mid 2016, fights in Realm of Legends dropped revives. This content was exceedingly difficult, however, and almost anyone who tried to farm it would probably spend up to 10 minutes on every attempt at winter soldier, with many of those attempts ending in death. I don't know the exact date, but at some point in this window, 22 hour events were added, where the third milestone had a l1 revive.

After this was changed, there were no consistent means of getting revives from quests, though the 22 hour events persisted. Event quests eventually had a small chance to drop revives, but as anyone who has played event quests knows, it's not nearly consistent enough to farm. We also occasionally had special events like Halls of Healing, or the Feeling Green events, but they were few and far between. This persisted until November 2021, when Kabam revisited the earlier acts, and introduced much more common revives drops. This was realized to be a worthwhile source of farming, and many people used this to build up large revive stashes.

Earlier this year, revive drops in Acts 1-3 were toned down as part of the revive farming nerf. Additionally, they added a dedicated quest for revives (the Apothecary) and bumped the solo event revive to an l2. Now, they are looking at Acts 4 and 5 since people are auto fighting them for huge gains.

Throughout the nearly 9 years this game has existed, only about 3.5 years of that have had repayable quests that consistently drop revives, and with how infeasible Realm of Legends was in the early days, Revive farming from quest drops has only been viable for less than 2 years.

Despite that, you are correct when you say that revives have always been farmable. However, for the first 7 years that entailed hitting every solo event, and most importantly, grinding arena. Both of those are still available, and in fact are better than ever before